As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX 2009 BYOC Info/FAQ (BYOC SOLD OUT!)

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nope not open yet, It will be announced on the forums and tiwtter when it does.

No help needed, just a waiting game right now.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    MT_MaxMT_Max MontanaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Will the interactive seat planner let you pick your seat in relation to others or does it auto assign you and you're stuck with it's pick?

Trying to gauge how difficult it will be for 7 of us to sit somewhat together.

MT_Max on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    You will get to pick your seat.

We are also working on a group seating system, dont know if it will work out or not, we will see when things go live.

BigRed on
  • Options
    David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited June 2009
    Looks like the group seating thing isn't going to happen, hopefully next round but we just wanna get signups up (and we're pretty sure everyone else does too ;)).

All the same, as long as you're reasonably quick (and you have reasonably quick friends), I don't anticipate much trouble getting 7 seats together.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    sooooooon

BigRed on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    "When will then be now?"
    BigRed wrote: »
    sooooooon

P.S. If this opens up while I am at work or school. I will cry. Hmm. Must find a way to sneak onto this site at work.

CaptainTapole on
    The Girl Who Gave Everyone the Shortest Jenga Game Ever.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    By soon, i mean the end is in sight, and will hopefully go up in june :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    CaptainTapoleCaptainTapole Awesome in the Possum - Yee-Haw! Northern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Still entertaining to quote Spaceballs in the meantime.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    DiscoDave wrote: »
    Looks like the group seating thing isn't going to happen, hopefully next round but we just wanna get signups up (and we're pretty sure everyone else does too ;)).

All the same, as long as you're reasonably quick (and you have reasonably quick friends), I don't anticipate much trouble getting 7 seats together.

Quick how? Does it auto-assign you a seat when you purchase, or do you go in and pick your seat after the purchase.

Hopefully we dont all have to be on a huge conference call and hit Submit at the same time ... if that's the case then it was easier before with just getting in line together.

I have faith that it will turn out alright.

MT_Max on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    MT_Max wrote: »
    Quick how? Does it auto-assign you a seat when you purchase, or do you go in and pick your seat after the purchase.

Hopefully we dont all have to be on a huge conference call and hit Submit at the same time ... if that's the case then it was easier before with just getting in line together.

It won't auto-assign any seats. If you'd like to sit somewhere specific, you have that option, otherwise you can just wait until the event and sit at an unreserved spot (which will be marked).

If you don't select a seat at the start, or you'd like to sit somewhere else at some point, you'll be able to until the cut off (likely a week or so before the show).

David Coffman on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Good! Sounds win then!

MT_Max on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009

It won't auto-assign any seats. If you'd like to sit somewhere specific, you have that option, otherwise you can just wait until the event and sit at an unreserved spot (which will be marked).

If you don't select a seat at the start, or you'd like to sit somewhere else at some point, you'll be able to until the cut off (likely a week or so before the show).
    is it possible to switch seats with another consenting attendee the day of the show?

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »

is it possible to switch seats with another consenting attendee the day of the show?

I would say no, since the seating chart will probably also be used as a reference for contests and such

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    There is a high likelyhood that byoc will open 4-7 days from now.

David Coffman on
  • Options
    algorhythm3.14algorhythm3.14 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Here's a question: What sort of materials regarding our PAX registrations are we going to need to have about in order to complete the hopefully imminent BYOC registration? I find it hard to believe that there won't be at least 200 people trying to register immediately upon the registration's opening; especially considering the delay this year. Not getting into BYOC due to not being prepared for registration would make me perform lewd and gruesome acts. What do we need to register for BYOC?

algorhythm3.14 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    To actually register, you dont *need* anything from the regular pax reg (but you do need both for pax itself).

BigRed on
  • Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Here's a question: What sort of materials regarding our PAX registrations are we going to need to have about in order to complete the hopefully imminent BYOC registration? I find it hard to believe that there won't be at least 200 people trying to register immediately upon the registration's opening; especially considering the delay this year. Not getting into BYOC due to not being prepared for registration would make me perform lewd and gruesome acts. What do we need to register for BYOC?

we can't tell you, cuz then you'd steal our spots! ;)

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    If you won a BYOC pass from a contest last year and you have NOT heard from us in the last couple days, please shoot us an email at pax_pc@penny-arcade.com. Thanks!

David Coffman on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    By soon, i mean the end is in sight, and will hopefully go up in june :P

Sigh, last day of June.

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's better this way. Had it gone up in these past few days, I wouldn't have had the money to sign up. But, today is pay day. ;-)

Houn on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    It's better this way. Had it gone up in these past few days, I wouldn't have had the money to sign up. But, today is pay day. ;-)

Yeah, I shake my fists at you and your pay-day days! ...I won't get paid until 12:35AM on Friday morning.

CaptainTapole on
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I have had the money for PAX set aside for about 3 months now. I'm like a rat with this shit. Nothing will get in my way. I often book my flight the day that airlines will schedule a flight that far ahead, I book my condo the week PAX dates are announced. That way, I'm essentially Iron clad in having everything setup.

I haven't, however, booked my BYOC pass yet. Are you conspiring against me?! What is the meaning of this delay, I hereby and forthwith demand my chance to fry my brain.

P.S. my favorite part of BYOC is playing against all the Nubs in Freeplay... Last year in TF2 me and my other buddy were playing 2v8 as scouts and they COULD NOT KILL US.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    altmann wrote: »
    I have had the money for PAX set aside for about 3 months now. I'm like a rat with this shit. Nothing will get in my way. I often book my flight the day that airlines will schedule a flight that far ahead, I book my condo the week PAX dates are announced. That way, I'm essentially Iron clad in having everything setup.

I haven't, however, booked my BYOC pass yet. Are you conspiring against me?! What is the meaning of this delay, I hereby and forthwith demand my chance to fry my brain.

P.S. my favorite part of BYOC is playing against all the Nubs in Freeplay... Last year in TF2 me and my other buddy were playing 2v8 as scouts and they COULD NOT KILL US.

So you were that fucker...

I thought that BYOC would get me away from people like you for at least a little while.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah im raging over the delay. It was really looking like it would go up in june too :(

EDIT:

unless something goes haywire...
    BYOC REG GOES LIVE IN TWO DAYS

BigRed on
  • Options
    spydeyspydey Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    YAY!!!!

spydey on
    cp468kw5.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Big Red,

How ironic is it, that your avatar is Duke Nukem?

The answer, in our current situation, is VERY.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    O no, someone falling into the trap of what is, and what is not irony.
    As far as I remember, him having a duke nukem avatar would be considered coincidental, not ironic.

The most used meaning of irony is
    5. an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.
    Which doesn't apply in this case.

And now I'm done with my forum literary seminar. (Please chastise me if I am wrong)

And now for the topic at hand. Woop woop. I've actually been thikning about maybe doing it this year? Looks like I'll have to decide pretty quick.

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    he does have a funny point....

s7arbuck on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    O it's definitely funny. Just not ironic :)

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    plus byoc reg isnt vaporware :P

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I know what the definition of pedantic is...

That's beside the point. Everyone knew what I meant.

But I will meet you on the virtual battlefield at PAX and we will settle our differences there.

altmann on

signature.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Haha, I was just joking around.

But, since you've dropped a challenge, I will indeed see you on the field of battle!

Wormdundee on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I will not be able to sit at a computer for all of Friday waiting for it to go up and pounce on a spot; so other than getting really lucky that pretty much writes me out for BYOC '09 as far as I understand; unless someone gives us a time on Friday.

algorhythm3.14 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    Um, I doubt it's going to sell out in one day.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited July 2009
    The problem is me and my buddy really wanted adjacent seats; so we figured the only option was to register simultaneously while on the phone and get adjacent seats. I don't want him to have to wait to register too.

Will the registration doohickey you've cooked up run on an iPhone perhaps?

algorhythm3.14 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    expect it to go up whenever I wake up on friday

say.... 10am?

I dont know if it will run in an iphone browser, I doubt it.

BigRed on
  • Options
    CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sweet. Calendar Appt. Set.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • Options
    edited July 2009

say.... 10am?

goddamn you people with jobs. none of us 'normal' people wake up that goddamn early!!!!!!

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
  • Options
    edited July 2009

say.... 10am?

goddamn you people with jobs. none of us 'normal' people wake up that goddamn early!!!!!!

Uh fyi im currently unemployed.

At least for the next 5 days.

BigRed on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

say.... 10am?

Uh fyi im currently unemployed.

At least for the next 5 days.

so why subject yourself to waking at that hour?:lol:

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
This discussion has been closed.