As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• DrijenDrijen Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Drijen wrote: »
    Jezabel Locke can suck a dick and die. Bitch has killed me more times than I should have suffered through. Blood Buff+Celerity+Auspex and a full shotgun doesn't kill her and then for some reason I just frenzy and get murdered. Fuck her tiny room and short hallway and door that she always blocks when I go to move past her.

That's why I hit her with a fire axe until she died.

Well that just ain't going to happen. My hitting shit skills are butts and she already slices me open when I try to stay away from her. I think I'll just go do some other stuff and grab some exps first.

Drijen on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BYToady wrote: »
    Wallhitter wrote: »
    I'm playing as a Brujah. I punch bitches to death.

Toreador (I think), I punch bitches to death too.

But I do it in bullet time (celerity 5).

Walking between pellets of shotgun blasts.

Brujah also have Celerity. But Potence makes them not hit like a poofter.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
    edited June 2009
    Jezabel Locke can suck a dick and die. Bitch has killed me more times than I should have suffered through. Blood Buff+Celerity+Auspex and a full shotgun doesn't kill her and then for some reason I just frenzy and get murdered. Fuck her tiny room and short hallway and door that she always blocks when I go to move past her.

Well that just ain't going to happen. My hitting shit skills are butts and she already slices me open when I try to stay away from her. I think I'll just go do some other stuff and grab some exps first.

So, you got me kind of worried about Jezebel, since my Malk is much wussier than my Brujah was.

I fire axed the crap out of her, then she got me to half health, then I was like "Hmmmm" and Visions of Deathed her to...death. Yay giant centipedes!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    edited June 2009
    Grumble grumble grumble. I'll give her another shot later on, perhaps I was just failing to hit her with bullets last night.

Drijen on
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Man, you're going to seriously hate Brother Kanker and Bishop Vick.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So I started this last night and it's pretty nifty so far.

I'm really liking the environments, most of the characters aren't real annoying to talk to, and the voice acting is mostly pretty good.

Also, the engine runs extremely well. Games that look like this usually run like ass and I gotta deal with crappy FPS. It's nice to have some smooth gameplay for once.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Brother Kanker is a little BITCH too.

Yeah, I said it. Aint got shit on my Protean kung-fu, mufucka.

Bishop Vick can suck a dick.

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009
    I had a little trouble with Vick. Then he accidentally put himself in a corner, and never moved out of it. He shotgunned my face, I fire axed his, fire axe won.

I <3 fire axe.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    edited June 2009
    I think maybe putting some more juice into firearms will fix her little red wagon. So far every computer or door I can't break into makes me detour into lockpicking or hacking.

Drijen on
  • JONJONAUGJONJONAUG Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I guess it's only in the fan patches, because that character would never give you her sword so it sounds like exactly the kind of retarded shit those patches put in.

You got it during the boss fight in the hotel in the original patch, and the unoffical patch changed it to Yukie giving it to you after her quest but later versions changed it back.

JONJONAUG on
  • stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think maybe putting some more juice into firearms will fix her little red wagon. So far every computer or door I can't break into makes me detour into lockpicking or hacking.

If you didn't already know (I think they say it in the tutorial but I missed it my first time through) you can blood buff to temporarily increase the skill you have in both those stats, as your base attributes have a modifier to them. At least to lockpicking, probably hacking too.

stimtokolos on
  • KovakKovak did a lot of drugs married cher?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i tried brother kanker at first

and i just couldnt do it

so i went back

did a couple other things

came back with full rounds and some gun skills

and kicked his ass

Kovak on
    edited June 2009

If you didn't already know (I think they say it in the tutorial but I missed it my first time through) you can blood buff to temporarily increase the skill you have in both those stats, as your base attributes have a modifier to them. At least to lockpicking, probably hacking too.

Yeah, I know, but look man, if I have a blood buffed lockpick of 4 and that difficulty 5 door is standing in front of me what else can I do but needlessly spend experience to boost my skill and find out that the room had like a silver ring and a computer in it? The door stands there mocking, I have no choice!

Drijen on
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ave. found a torrent of the game that someone encoded to work on OSX. Since we both bought this for PC already, this is basically legal, right? Right.

Anyway, starting a Toreador run through.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    st. you are a silly man

Projeck on
  • JONJONAUGJONJONAUG Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Yeah, I know, but look man, if I have a blood buffed lockpick of 4 and that difficulty 5 door is standing in front of me what else can I do but needlessly spend experience to boost my skill and find out that the room had like a silver ring and a computer in it? The door stands there mocking, I have no choice!

If it's any comfort, you never need a lockpicking skill above six except for the two or three rooms in the game you need a lockpicking skill of 10 to open and opening the chest in the apartment building Mercuio lives in (it's level 8, but you can't use Disciplines in that building).

There is no level 10 door in the game that not opening it is really a big deal (a couple have books behind them, but you can just spend the points to get level 8 lockpicking in something else anyway). The highest you'll encounter for the purposes of bypassing parts of a level or getting a better drop point on enemies is at level 8.

JONJONAUG on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009

honestly just try melee even if your skills aren't that hot. get a point in brawl and then ask nines to teach you. guns do shit against vampires.

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    JONJONAUG wrote: »

If it's any comfort, you never need a lockpicking skill above six except for the two or three rooms in the game you need a lockpicking skill of 10 to open and opening the chest in the apartment building Mercuio lives in (it's level 8, but you can't use Disciplines in that building).

There is no level 10 door in the game that not opening it is really a big deal (a couple have books behind them, but you can just spend the points to get level 8 lockpicking in something else anyway). The highest you'll encounter for the purposes of bypassing parts of a level or getting a better drop point on enemies is at level 8.

still though
    if you want to see xiao in the altogether you need an unbuffed lockpick of 8

Tube on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

still though
    who in the what?

Metzger Meister on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Xiao is really a man

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited June 2009

still though
    who in the what?
    there's an optional side quest the reward for which is a poster of Ming Xiao in the buff

Tube on
    edited June 2009

still though
    who in the what?
    there's an optional side quest the reward for which is a poster of Ming Xiao in the buff

rad.

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009
    Also this game can make you feel like a real asshole if you want to play it that way
    killing mercurio, insulting nines and worst of all hurting jack's feelings. "why don't you get out of here before I show you what we do to cammie bitches downtown"

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    i accidentally did the first two

Kovak on
    edited June 2009
    why do you think I spoilered that kovak

run through the reasons in your head

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    edit post bro

Kovak on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is the only game I've seen a chick giving a guy a blowjob in a shadowy corner behind a club.

I laughed.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited June 2009
    Also this game can make you feel like a real asshole if you want to play it that way
    killing mercurio, insulting nines and worst of all hurting jack's feelings. "why don't you get out of here before I show you what we do to cammie bitches downtown"
    YOU MONSTER. What would even POSSES you to hurt Smilin' Jack? :<

Also I've never screwed Mercurio and I accidentally pissed Nines off in one of my games. I guess I'm just a pretty nice guy.

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009
    Jack says something along the lines of "who was the only guy who offered you a hand up when you had nothing?" and you feel like a tool. Later on if you come into the last round he says "you get to walk in and walk out of here. think about appreciating that favour"

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    Man.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Koshian wrote: »
    are you required to rat out nines for the insane asylum thing?

I couldn't find a way not to do it in the dialogue

Yeah you do. It's essential to the plot.

Tube on
    edited June 2009
    Jack says something along the lines of "who was the only guy who offered you a hand up when you had nothing?" and you feel like a tool. Later on if you come into the last round he says "you get to walk in and walk out of here. think about appreciating that favour"

;-; that is awful.

Metzger Meister on
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Jack is so awesome.

Ledneh on
    edited June 2009
    Jack would HAVE to be in a new game. I demand it.

Metzger Meister on
    edited June 2009
    I don't think I've ever played as non-physical of a character as this Toreador. Presence is pretty sweet though. I'm worried that I'll upgrade it too much without upgrading Celerity. Boss fights are gonna be a bitch.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I've never played through as a Brujah, do you get any special dialogue with Jack or anything?

Ledneh on
  • Jolly-ollyJolly-olly Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    'What's the occasion tonight caller?'

It's a weekday!'

Dib of Night is the best radio program ever.

I also love when
    as the malk you have a conversation with the TV, among other things.

Jolly-olly on
    edited June 2009
    DEB of the night.

Deb.

Also, man, I keep picturing some open-world GTA-style fucking rpg dealy for the next Vampire game.

But I know they'll never make another one, and if they did, it would never be like that.

:cry:

Metzger Meister on
  • Jolly-ollyJolly-olly Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    except everyone who calls in sounds like they're saying dib. Maybe I'm just Canadian.

Jolly-olly on
    edited June 2009
    Are there many examples of games that required a MASSIVE community patch to reach the level that the game should have been at by release that still managed to get another game in the line?

I don't even know if that sentence makes sense but hopefully you get my drift.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg