As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The First Annual Post-PAX Party Dinner. THANK YOU ALL FOR AN AMAZING PARTY!

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Dinner ticket GET!

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • ArcoArco Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Subject: RE: Seattle Private Dining Request
    Date: June 19, 2009 12:46:19 PM PDT
    To: Arco

Yes the buffet will be restocked all the way until we call last call at the bar.

I think the appetizer buffet is a great idea. You'll still get PLENTY of food and there will even be more options for your guests. I would actually stick to the 6 options ($25), have the drink ticket and then whatever is left over of that $35 can go to tax and gratuity.

So it appears that Lindsay is equal to or greater than in smartness to SlickShughes, and definitely greater than in smartness to Arco. Also, hooray for endless amounts of food.

Arco on
    Like this, not like the gas station.
    Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
    Satellite Theater for life!
    edited June 2009
    Okay. I sent PMs to everyone who responded to the initial headcount, telling them that pre-registration is live (excluding Raiden333, who is awesome).

The pre-registration page is looking pretty snazzy, sans a custom logo, which we definitely need. If anyone has the photoshop bug, I wouldn't stop them from giving us a snazzy logo.

Added a F.A.Q. to the front page addressing some of the things that keep coming up in the thread.

Checking the pre-registration page compulsively on my new iPhone, which I will certainly be doing until September.

And I think that's about it. I guess I can kick back a little now. Woot!

Arco on
    edited June 2009
    BTW, I think that third person who registered is one of my friends, whose forum names are Highfire and TransparentHuman. I gave them both the link and they told me they were regging..

Raiden333 on
    edited June 2009
    Haha. Ask them who it was and I'll edit the thing so it shows that they're coming.

Arco on
    edited June 2009
    Yep, it's Transparent.

BTW, might want to edit the thread title to indicate tickets are on sale, if you have the space to put it in.

(Edit: His forum name is "Transparent", not "TransparentHuman", my bad.)

Raiden333 on
    edited June 2009
    Raiden333 wrote: »

BTW, might want to edit the thread title to indicate tickets are on sale, if you have the space to put it in.
    Excellent idea.

Arco on
    edited June 2009
    Ok. I'm totally messed up. I confused two of my friends' forum names.

It's Qapf that registered.

But I'm sure Transparent will register soon.

Sorry about that.

Raiden333 on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Damnit paypal why do you make me have to hit you all the time.

Edit: No idea if my payment went through PM if it didn't.

TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm in on this as soon as I can get off this public network and onto one where I feel a bit safer putting my info into. =)

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
  • PinderPinder Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Officially registered :D.

PAX needs to happen roughly now.

Pinder on
    This signature intentionally left blank.
    edited June 2009
    All these pre-registrations make me a very happy Arco. Thanks, guys. :)

Arco on
  • The DIMDThe DIMD Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Registered Officially :mrgreen:

The DIMD on
    <+ACC3SS> 4chan doesn't make me cringe as much as you do, The_DIMD.
  • WormdundeeWormdundee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My monies have now been magically sent through the internets. One more for the horde!

Wormdundee on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Registered 8-)

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
    edited June 2009
    Arco wrote: »
    The pre-registration page is looking pretty snazzy, sans a custom logo, which we definitely need. If anyone has the photoshop bug, I wouldn't stop them from giving us a snazzy logo.

It's only 72 dpi, and it's a bit rough, but:

postpaxdinner.png

Pinder on
    edited June 2009
    HEY NICE! I don't care if it's rough, that's awesome! I'll throw it up on the OP and the registration page.

Thanks, Pinder!

EDIT: In PPPD related news, we've got 10 people pre-registered over the course of two days. I feel like things are going to work out just fine with the pre-registrations. Help spread the word throughout the forums and the PAX community. Get your friends to register. This thing is going to be insane.

Arco on
  • HighfireHighfire Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Just booked myself a spot.

Highfire on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    I don't know if you should be so blatantly using the PAX logo on an unofficial event.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited June 2009
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    I don't know if you should be so blatantly using the PAX logo on an unofficial event.
    The buttoners presented Gabe and Tycho with a giant PAX logo as a gift last year... ?

Arco on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, that was a gift, not a community event.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You need to ask the PAX pr peeps for permission to use the logo for this. Dont be suprised if you get denied since this is by no means an official event.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • skarsolskarsol Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Khoo and PAX have made it fairly clear in the past that they don't want the PAX brand "officially" associated with extracurriculars. Names seem to be fine, chopping their logo is a bit much.

skarsol on
    why are you smelling it?
    edited June 2009
    Arco, I'd say you probably want to drop the logo.
    I imagine their reasoning is somewhat because of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trademark#Maintaining_trademark_rights

If they allow other people to use their trademark without stopping them, they eventually lose the rights to it.

Wormdundee on
    edited June 2009
    Logo's dropped for now. I'll e-mail around and ask for permission, or somebody can just do us up a logo that doesn't have the PAX logo within it.

Arco on
  • BamboozaBambooza Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm down and i'll be bringing four total.

Bambooza on
    The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?
    edited June 2009
    The guy who just registered with "student" in Job Title is my friend Matt, who doesn't post on the forums.

Raiden333 on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I can tell you for certain, that the buttoneers last year, made sure to ask permission to use the PAX logo for the case.

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
    edited June 2009
    Logo's dropped for now. I'll e-mail around and ask for permission, or somebody can just do us up a logo that doesn't have the PAX logo within it.

Nice thing about making one from scratch, is that it's higher res, at least. Although for whatever reason the CS3 at work will only let me save it as a jpg. I have the PSD and I'm going to try and save it from home as a .png with a transparent background, but for now:

3651638811_56cf46bd98.jpg

Pinder on
    edited June 2009
    I like this one even better than the first. Thanks so much, Pinder.

Arco on
  • SlickShughesSlickShughes Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, who's running security at this thing? The reg page says you're going to check names against the list, but who's going to sit out all the fun to do so?

SlickShughes on
    edited June 2009
    I believe Lindsay mentioned that it's something that the Taphouse does for large events like this. I'm certainly not going to expect anybody who's paid for this to do it, myself included.

I'm actually kind of torn on this issue. On the one hand, I do want the party to be limited to those who paid. It's a lot of collaboration, effort, and money to get this thing off the ground, and I want those who contributed to reap the rewards of that.

On the other hand, the more the merrier. More PAXers is a good thing. Fun is awesome.

I can see space and food both quickly becoming an issue if people are allowed to wander in off the street and come into our room, but then again, if they're ordering drinks that only helps us as far as reaching the spending minimum. We shouldn't need the help, but it's not hurting us, either. Again, I'm torn.

I sent Lindsay an e-mail just now to double-check.

Arco on
  • eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Registered. Looking forward to this.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I believe Lindsay mentioned that it's something that the Taphouse does for large events like this. I'm certainly not going to expect anybody who's paid for this to do it, myself included.

I'm actually kind of torn on this issue. On the one hand, I do want the party to be limited to those who paid. It's a lot of collaboration, effort, and money to get this thing off the ground, and I want those who contributed to reap the rewards of that.

On the other hand, the more the merrier. More PAXers is a good thing. Fun is awesome.

I can see space and food both quickly becoming an issue if people are allowed to wander in off the street and come into our room, but then again, if they're ordering drinks that only helps us as far as reaching the spending minimum. We shouldn't need the help, but it's not hurting us, either. Again, I'm torn.

I sent Lindsay an e-mail just now to double-check.

They can come but they can't touch mah food. :P

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DStalefish wrote: »
    *snip*

They can come but they can't touch mah food. :P

I feel the same way. Though there's really no way to stop that. I brought this point up before and Arco said that this is in the back of a restaurant. I doubt we'll see much foot traffic.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pretty much any bar that has an unlimited drink and/or food package will have wristbands or something for those who qualify for said package; perhaps this place does and those who get food without a wristband will suffer the shame of shame!

Rius on
    edited June 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    Pretty much any bar that has an unlimited drink and/or food package will have wristbands or something for those who qualify for said package; perhaps this place does and those who get food without a wristband will suffer the shame of shame!

Haha. That would be kind of funny. I was thinking about printing up nametags for everybody, that might be an easy and multi-functional way to separate the contributors from the moochers.

Arco on
  • DStalefishDStalefish Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If you give me a name tag I'm going to write something so obtrusively offensive on it that I might get us all kicked out.

DStalefish on
    [E] 09, 10E, 10P, 11E, 11P, 12E
    edited June 2009
    Are nametags used for anything else?

Arco on
    edited June 2009
    Some people put names on them, but most consider that to be an odd practice.

Wormdundee on
This discussion has been closed.