As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

so i went to the hospital for the first time ever

• AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Whaaaaaat

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    neville wrote: »
    That sucks, Jasc.

My doctor's trying to upsell me on having my tonsils removed, since I get strep a lot.

Pros: It might reduce how often I get strep.

Cons: EXTREMELY painful procedure. Might result in viral sore throats, which cannot be treated with antibiotics and could be "as frequent"

Gee, let me pick...

When I was little, I used to get serious sinus and chest infections (of various styles) at least twice a year. It seemed to wear off as I got older, but there's a chance that the sinusitis is related to the unknown infection on my left ankle that made my life a living hell for two years - an unknown autoimmune disorder that causes localized white blood cells to join the other side and overthrow my otherwise functional systems. The doctors couldn't pinpoint any known disorder, so eventually they just said, "Well, be careful."

It seems like a silly thing to have typed up now that I've done it, but basically the idea of untreatable infections of any kind is completely horrifying.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I KNOOOOOOOW

Drew-B on
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That is freaky as hell.

LS: That sucks :/

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Drew-B wrote: »

Yeah, no aging in the conventional sense but a highly underdeveloped brain.

Nature disapproves!

Jasconius on
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »

Nature disapproves!

yeah i think i disapprove with letting that abomination unto the god-emperor exist too

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    neville wrote: »
    That sucks, Jasc.

My doctor's trying to upsell me on having my tonsils removed, since I get strep a lot.

Pros: It might reduce how often I get strep.

Cons: EXTREMELY painful procedure. Might result in viral sore throats, which cannot be treated with antibiotics and could be "as frequent"

Gee, let me pick...

When I was little, I used to get serious sinus and chest infections (of various styles) at least twice a year. It seemed to wear off as I got older, but there's a chance that the sinusitis is related to the unknown infection on my left ankle that made my life a living hell for two years - an unknown autoimmune disorder that causes localized white blood cells to join the other side and overthrow my otherwise functional systems. The doctors couldn't pinpoint any known disorder, so eventually they just said, "Well, be careful."

It seems like a silly thing to have typed up now that I've done it, but basically the idea of untreatable infections of any kind is completely horrifying.

No shit. for around two years my knees and ankles would swell up and hurt like a motherfucker. I figured it might be gout or rheumatoid arthritis, and I went to the doctor for it. Some blood tests later they find out its neither, and the doctor says, "Okay, if you get one of those acute flare ups again, call me right away so I can get a sample."

They haven't acted up since.

Metalbourne on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh my gosh, sixteen years as a baby.

Sixteen years spent raising a baby.

Oh my gosh, either way.

Neville, all I am saying is, guard your precious, precious tonsils!

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm wondering how long she can go being in infant form.

I suppose she's not immune to the age related causes of death. Metabolism is still wrecking her body, even if at a slower rate.

She's really getting the worst of both worlds.

Unless you count someone wiping your ass for your entire life a big plus.

wait

of course!

Jasconius on
    edited June 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »

Nature disapproves!

Underdeveloped because she's still essentially a toddler, though. It's blowing my mind.

Drew-B on
    edited June 2009
    Oh my gosh, sixteen years as a baby.

Sixteen years spent raising a baby.

Oh my gosh, either way.

Neville, all I am saying is, guard your precious, precious tonsils!

When she's 70, she should be ready for kindergarten.

She'll be collecting social security, too.

Lucky bitch.

Metalbourne on
    edited June 2009
    Or maybe she needs a thunder stone to evolve. She looks like an electric type.

Metalbourne on
    edited June 2009
    It's kind of like Benjamin Button, only instead of being born old and growing young, she was born young, and has to spend her entire life a shell of a human being who will never know she is a prisoner in her own body, doomed forever to blissful ignorance, shitting herself and sleeping 16 hours a day.

Drew-B on
  • SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That is some far-out shit

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Zephyr wrote: »
    i remember asking on this forum about why my heart felt like it was going to rip out my chest cause i couldnt find anything on webmd or anything

u guys just said "oh you just need exercise"

yeah never thought it was because my heart and lungs are too close to each other

fucking people who arent even doctors on the internet
    but you were the one asking us
    damn

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    okay 1:30 am snack

is it cocoa pufffs or

halfway through this post i realized i had a bunch of string cheese in my back pocket i had forgotten about.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    just drink lots of water

for a snack

ack on
  • AMP'dAMP'd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Forgotten cheese

The best cheese

AMP'd on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    AMP'd wrote: »
    Forgotten cheese

The best cheese

It's just a wonderful stringy surprise

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    or runny, if it's been lost long enough

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited June 2009
    it was just long enough to soften it up for flaying

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Last time I was in the hospital was when my mom took a nasty fall and (we later found out) fractured her L1 vertebrae and crushed the disc right above it or something like that

Worst, most frightening experience of my life, and not just because I was worried to death about her ending up paralyzed or something

ER waiting rooms are pits of misery and death

Ledneh on
  • ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    had the same experience again and had to go the hospital again

diagnosis: anxiety for sure this time, got a prescription for atavine

so both times i went to the hospital were because of panic attacks it seems, had the beginnings of one on the way back to home after the 2nd hospital visit but im fighting it off pretty well so far

gonna stop typing cause this is making the attack a little harder to fight

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    zephyr man if you want to talk about this shit I've been dealing with it for 13 years, so I definitely know what it's like

plus i am actually a doctor (no im not)

Meissnerd on
    edited June 2009
    once you come to terms with it does it stop happening so often

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    yeah it does. if you have a disorder then odds are it's not going any time soon. the hard part is accepting that fact, and to not get depressed about it. i still struggle with it a lot. like for example, i specifically have pretty bad self esteem, so I get into this thought process that says I'm only doing this for attention, so that I can get pity and have others take care of me.

again i don't know if that's you, but I'm just using it as an example of why it's important to try to accept it.

and I just want to add, you can't just hope it doesn't happen. the best way to deal with panic attacks is to go out and do things. don't get in over your head, but constantly push those walls. 8 years ago I wouldn't leave my room, and now I can bus all the way to the other end of the city! it's not going to magically go away, but you have to learn to control what you can.

Meissnerd on
  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    obviously posting on 'site is the be--

ack on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ledneh wrote: »
    Last time I was in the hospital was when my mom took a nasty fall and (we later found out) fractured her L1 vertebrae and crushed the disc right above it or something like that

Worst, most frightening experience of my life, and not just because I was worried to death about her ending up paralyzed or something

ER waiting rooms are pits of misery and death

Man I've been though that (the crushing of your vertabrae). It is fucking terrifying when you are 16.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • ZeroFillZeroFill Feeling much better. A nice, green leaf.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I hate people

collpasing all the time

did you know the Good Samaritan law doesnt apply to EMTs

ZeroFill on
    edited June 2009
    meiss do you ever get an uncomfortable rush/feeling to your head when you have attacks

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    meiss do you ever get an uncomfortable rush/feeling to your head when you have attacks

absolutely. and like lying down isn't enough? like there's no floor under you?

Meissnerd on
    edited June 2009
    well iuno lying down calms me a little but

i was just wondering cause i get htis feeling in my head and i freak out and am like "oh god wmy head what is it a blood cot in my brain oh god" and you know it starts a chain reaction and the symptoms get worse

you telling me its just part of the attack really helps tho thanks

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    it's all part of the attack, yeah.

once it's over you know.

Meissnerd on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    One of the most charismatic, athletic and all around best people I know has panic attacks

Don't think it's the end of the world

When I was about a year younger than you I lost hearing in one ear and was told if water got in there it could cause an infection bloom and kill me.

It just becomes same ol' after a while. It sucks, but you'll live

The Black Hunter on
    edited June 2009
    that really sucks Zephyr

Quick, talk about politics!
    it'll calm him down

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    edited June 2009
    oh man the atavine is kickin in, feel a lot better, just getting that feeling in my head but im relaxed, little wobbly when ii walk

first thing in the morning getting that perscription filled

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
    edited June 2009
    oh man the atavine is kickin in, feel a lot better, just getting that feeling in my head but im relaxed, little wobbly when ii walk

first thing in the morning getting that perscription filled

quick
    who is your favorite senator

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
    edited June 2009
    actually now its probably just general lightheartedness

this owns

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg