As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Critique My Awesome Demo Cover

2»

• Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    this looks really nice, dmac

how many songs you got set up on your demo now, tube?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DMAC wrote: »
    Now I kind of want to do a sad, serious clown punching cover.

like some guy beating up a clown, but the clown is his alcoholic father, and the guy is an alcoholic too, and he's just hitting his dad over and over again, tears streaming down his face, because his father never instilled in him a sense of self respect

Delzhand on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Exactly like that.

DMAC on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Brilliant!

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Hey D. Mac:
    iwillendyou.png

bombardier on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

seven! (i downloaded it)

tracklist:

1 - Fuck clowns!
    2 - Balloons killed my mother
    3 - Stay down, Bozo
    4 - Punching Popov
    5 - Who's laughing now?
    6 - Fuck clowns! (reprise)
    7 - Bloody red noses (Bonus track)

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    RichardTauberRichardTauber Kvlt Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That's certified awesome.

RichardTauber on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited June 2009

Honestly I really need to go and rerecord the ones I have. I'm back in the studio this month but I've been having real throat problems as you know. You can hear it on the tracks too and it makes me sad.

Tube on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    I feel like I should hear some of these songs before I have my name associated with this project.

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    It's not the songs, I have every faith in the songs. I just have pretty fucking depressing throat problems and hearing your voice crack on things that you know you can sing isn't encouraging. I've sent you a link.

Tube on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    I asked in some other thread but it got buried

what happened to your throat?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I get recurring ulcers right up my throat and into my mouth, as many as 20 at a time. It's why I find it hard to get stuff done, I can't record when I have them and they can strike at any time without warning. My throat is now so damaged and scarred that I find it hard to sing stuff I used to be able to. That recording was done days after an outbreak and you can hear in my voice that I'm finding it hard to hold onto the notes. Right after recording it the stress caused me to get them again. After PAX when I'd been talking a bunch for 3 days I could barely eat for a week.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    gross dude

do you also get chronic heartburn/reflux?

my sister in law had serious issues with that, and it turned out that the reflux was causing it

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Nah I get nothing else, no other symptoms. Doctors don't know what causes it and they put me on literally everything they could think of until they found out that industrial strength steroids lessen the effects (and fuck up my skin). I've gotten them in my mouth for years beforehand but only in the last 3 years or so have the effects moved to mostly my throat. My life is awesome!

Tube on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    hey man, shit's tough all over

pretty fucking shitty that it effects your music though

you got a link you can send over my way?

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I've linked you to it before haven't I, on my myspace?

Tube on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    gypsy curse
    pony did it

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I've linked you to it before haven't I, on my myspace?
    ages ago when you only had like two songs on there

don't know that I still have it handy

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    seriously though, it really sucks to suffer from something that really fucks up our day to day life and all doctors can do is scratch behind their ears a bit harder.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Drink some Apple Cider Vinegar Tube. Just one spoonful, and make sure you hold your nose.

Worst that can happen is you barfing up because it tastes horrible. Fixed my throat and some acidic problems in a days rest.

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I find applying vegemite is best for mouth ulcers, it stings like a bitch but it numbs the pain for about an hour and they tend to heal quicker. Though I don't know if you guys can get Vegemite in the US, probably on the count that you all think it's disgusting.

Mustang on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tube's British, Mustang. Though I guess he might be living in the US, I dunno.

Tam on
  • Options
    LeggraphicsLeggraphics Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    carboard tube-

quite a few famous people have developed ulcers in their voice box/ larynx. I know on some occasions they can be removed with lasers and have been for I think it was Russell Watson who is a modern opera sort of singer.

I have to say that is really bad luck. I didnt think they are normally stress related but to do with how much the larynx is used, eg singers get it more because they use it at higher levels. I haven't hurd your music but you can always re-record over the voice parts.

Do you notice that they get better when you dont sing so much? mmm What genre is it? maybe take up blues or something where you can afford to be more 'rusty' with tone. I got b for 6 months and I play the trumpet so that ruined my dream of doing that let alone caused other issues not being able to operate your face. I know your pain.

Leggraphics on
  • Options
    desperaterobotsdesperaterobots perth, ausRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tube, I had an outbreak of mouth ulcers that lasted 3+ months a few years back; gums, lips, tongue, soft pallette, I had at least 15 ulcers at a time. I couldn't sleep without my mouth hanging open, it hurt too much to close my mouth. I lost a fair amount of weight since I couldn't eat properly. I remember going out for dinner one time and not being able to eat a creamy penne pasta, it was just too excruciating.

I went for 3 or 4 doctors who all said 'you're just stressed!' or 'try drinking tea and then put the tea bags on the ulcers!' I was rubbing glycerine onto them, bongella, all kinds of shit. I was eating neurofen plus like candy. I work in a call centre where i have to talk all day, it was hellish.

Eventually I went to a doctor who gave me a 1 week course of an anti-viral, and they cleared up within a few days. Hope you have an equally quick recovery at some stage.

desperaterobots on
  • Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    carboard tube-

quite a few famous people have developed ulcers in their voice box/ larynx. I know on some occasions they can be removed with lasers

That it happens to be one of the easiest surgeries in Trauma Center is the only reason I also know about this.

Delzhand on