As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

>A Wild [and mildly nude] Art Thread Appears...

Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MCRegistered User regular
edited June 2009 in Artist's Corner
So I draw stuff. I've been trying to draw more stuff regularly!

Heres some crap I did recently, and a WIP I've got on my plate right now:

Random_Stuff_2_by_ParadoxControl.jpgSelf_Portrait_by_ParadoxControl.jpg

More stuff I'm to lazy to post at my DA account: http://paradoxcontrol.deviantart.com/

This is something I'm working on right now. I wanted to do something I don't usually do, and I'm hitting some road blocks here. I'll post the image I'm working from.

(Let me know if this dose or doesn't work)
WIP_Painting_by_ParadoxControl.jpg
http://paradoxcontrol.deviantart.com/art/WIP-Painting-126202415
(should be able to click download and see the full rez, which is huge)

Source Image: NSFW: http://areuexp.deviantart.com/art/Amanda-Kneeling-125902508

I'm not sure what I'm doing or not doing. I think I'm just having a hard time getting my head around painting in photoshop. I also think the image I'm working from is to bright.

Taking a second look here, it seems I've made the head way to small... Hmmm. I donno, rip it up, spit it out, and let me know. Super huge WIP so not much to really critic I think.
[

\
Paradox Control on

• Options
    Paradox ControlParadox Control Master MC Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Went out today and got my self new sketch books and drawing pencils! Decided to brake in the little sketch pad I got with this graphite drawing.
    Full View [NSFW]: http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/5153/graphitenude.jpg

Reff image used [NSFW, you'll need a DA account anyway]: http://aisii.deviantart.com/art/Mrs-Vain-126132270

Took about ~2 hours.

Things I noticed after scanning it:
    Arm not up nearly high enough (I think)
    Her left hip side is wider then it should be. Makes her look kinda odd.

Other then that I think it came out pretty good. First Graphite drawing in a few years!
    EDIT: Let me know if you would rather me put this up on a Photobucket account or something. Some of you may not want to bother with DA, and I'll gladly accommodate.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    olimarioolimario Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This is my favorite thread on this forum so far. I could sit and be inspired by your style all day.

olimario on
  • Options
    TwistedFateTwistedFate Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Granted, I'm not overly artistic myself, but I keep clicking DA links without caring enough to set up an account to see them.

But what you do is up to you, I won't mind.

The stuff in the OP is neat.

TwistedFate on
    thIs fOrUm dEsErvEs A bEttEr clAss Of OttEr, And I'm gOnnA gIvE It tO 'Em. yOU'll sEE, I'll shOw yA
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ok, I put it up on photobucket for all to see, its huge, so check the spoiler box above.

I've found it so much easier to do what I'm trying to do with out photoshop. I think I kind of lose perspective when trying to draw from life in photoshop. I need to get some more arty stuff I think. Graphite is nice, but I really enjoyed the time I spent doing large charcoal drawings as well. Next week maybe I'll go get a massive pad and some charcoal sticks and have at it.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Wild Art Thread was caught! Art Thread was added to the AC Index.

NightDragon on
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    you might want to either link to NSFW stuff instead of dropping it into spoilers or tag your thread title as such. Spoiler'd images still load, and if I understand correctly, that can be inconvenient in the workplace.

other than that, looking good. you might want to try using just value instead of value and line in the drawing of the broad.

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Ah, all good advice. I did that graphite drawing on a mighty small sketch pad, so it wasn't easy getting the detail I wanted with just value. I'm probably going to go get some vary large pads of paper soon though, so that should help a bit.

Also I realized after that I should probably use a slightly harder pencil to lay out shit. I was using the lightest one I had (can't remember its number/letter blablabla), and wound up pressing pretty hard which in turn made things uneven when it came around to doing the value.

I'm mad busy at my part time job right now, so I don't know how often I'll be updating, I'm going to try and do something, anything, after I get out of work, which is late in the evening.
    (Hmm, the wording there implies that I'm at work right now. I get out at like 9PM most nights, and have little time before work to actually sit down and draw something)

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    PFFFT.
    Well, it would seem that Photobucket is not interested in hosting nude drawings. Cool!

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    HERE COMES THE H-RAPE TRAIN! CHOOCHOO
    FUSIONHA.jpg
    Just something before bead. Was thinking of the Godsplicing theme for the ACC thread. Not an entry, but I couldn't get the idea of gods doing the Fusion Dance from DBZ out of my head.

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    ManonvonSuperockManonvonSuperock Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    nice tits on that buddha monkey

ManonvonSuperock on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, Buddha is stacked

Paradox Control on
    \
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    timetogetpaid.jpg
    I like the way this looks. But I don't like how I exicuted on it. I think I can do something else like this, but better. What is really bugging me is the face. When I first started doing this, the bg was another color, and the face outlines were in that color. Then I started with the hood, and realize that the bg color wasn't going to come in contact with the rest of the face like it was before, so it looked weird. Now that I look at it, I think I could have just done the outlines in the brown I used for the BG color.

Not to mention I did this all on one layer, so it was super messy. I'll remember for next time to at least keep the bg color separate from everything else, so I can change it easy if I have too.

Other things that ended up in the doodle thread:
    workisneverover.jpg
    I was listing to Daft Punk when I drew this.

coolspot.jpg
    Cool Spot is one rad mother fucker.

Paradox Control on
    \