As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Safari 4: for realz.

124»

• Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    so i am still using the beta version because i like tabs on the top
    any reason to get the real version

if you're on windows, get chrome. If you're on a mac, there's an early, buggy version of chrome.

Chrome handles tabs on top sooooo much better than the beta ever did it's not even funny.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i don't want an early, buggy version of chrome

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Options
    LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The release Safari 4 is a lot less buggy than the beta, especially as regards top sites and crash frequency.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Safari freezes on opening for me, for about 10 seconds. It's a giant pain in the butt. It also sometimes freezes when opening a particularly big web page until it finishes loading it. I am not a big fan of Safari 4 and want to downgrade.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    splashsplash Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I tried Safari 4 for Windows Vista today. It is very fast and has a great look, but rarely and randomly got caught up on a few websites for far too long (cnn.com). I'd use it as my default browser except one minor problem. I have multiple gmail accounts and can't login to them using the save name and password feature. It only remembers one name and one password and keeps resaving the latest one inputted and forgetting the rest. In Firefox you can put basically one-click to retreive any name and password in the entry box.

splash on
  • Options
    PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    splash wrote: »
    I tried Safari 4 for Windows Vista today. It is very fast and has a great look, but rarely and randomly got caught up on a few websites for far too long (cnn.com). I'd use it as my default browser except one minor problem. I have multiple gmail accounts and can't login to them using the save name and password feature. It only remembers one name and one password and keeps resaving the latest one inputted and forgetting the rest. In Firefox you can put basically one-click to retreive any name and password in the entry box.

Is there a particular reason you need to log into the account seperately? You can add various accounts (gmail, yahoo, etc etc) to one gmail account and you'll be able to send/receive from one window.

For example: I have a "professional" gmail account and a "personal" gmail account. My personal account is set to receive and send from my professional account. If you're already aware of this, just ignore this! Just trying to find a way for you to use the browswer you'd like.

Pirusu on
  • Options
    splashsplash Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pirusu wrote: »

Is there a particular reason you need to log into the account seperately? You can add various accounts (gmail, yahoo, etc etc) to one gmail account and you'll be able to send/receive from one window.

For example: I have a "professional" gmail account and a "personal" gmail account. My personal account is set to receive and send from my professional account. If you're already aware of this, just ignore this! Just trying to find a way for you to use the browswer you'd like.

In fact I didn't know you could combine multiple gmail accounts. If the emails get sent back using the appropriate send address, like ones sent to my professional get sent out from this address, and ones sent to my personal account get sent out with this address, then.. very cool!

splash on
  • Options
    PirusuPirusu Pierce Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

In fact I didn't know you could combine multiple gmail accounts. If the emails get sent back using the appropriate send address, like ones sent to my professional get sent out from this address, and ones sent to my personal account get sent out with this address, then.. very cool!

Yup! When you go to compose a message, you can choose which account to send from. Just go into Settings -> Accounts and you can add accounts to send mail from, and receive mail from.

Pirusu on