As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[IC] Godlike: 8 August 1942

12346»

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The Monster comes to suddenly and jerkily. His eyes focus on Lee, who is already heading towards Catharine. Testing his once again functional leg, he picks up his dropped gear and walks over to keep pace rather awkwardly.

"Erm, thanks for that one Lee. I wasn't quite expecting... that. Next time, I'll do better."

His words out, The Monster stumps over to listen to Charlie Merkeson. When Lieutenant Merkeson mentions the medics, The Monster dutifully checks his body over once. His left leg is obviously still in need of attention, and a slight stream of blood runs down his temples.

"Hrm"

Resolutely, the blue ape lumbers over to the triage station.
    After the immediate shock damage recovery and healing from Lee, The Monster is at
    Head: 1K
    Torso: blank
    R Arm: blank
    L Arm: Blank
    R Leg: Blank
    L Leg: 3K
    according to my records.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Michael slaps the Monster gently on a shoulder as he rumbles by.

"Good luck, you great blue bastard," he whispers.

Pitching his voice louder he turns to the rest of the squad. "Okay, ladies and gents. Let's make sure that none of us is dead without knowing it, and then we need to resupply and get ready for this assault. No rest for the wicked, boys and girls!"

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    As you wait for daybreak, the medics are able to patch up the worst of your injuries.

Shortly before sunup, you all have a quick breakfast of meat stew. You're again not permitted fires, so it's cold and runny.

Merkeson gathers up his unit, and loads the handful of severely wounded marines onto stretchers. He approaches Jimmy. "I'll leave it up to you, buddy. We might need as many of you guys at the front as possible. We've gotta take the one with the busted arm, but if you're still combat-ready, you can stick around." He also shanghais John into coming in his giant form; he makes transporting the wounded much easier, as there are no clear trails for trucks yet.

McKelvey calls for attention. "Ok, boys, we got a little shook up last night, but we've still got a job to do. Those purple hearts won't earn themselves. We're the advance element for the attack on the airfield. Our objective this morning is to make it to the line of the next river over. Beyond that lies the Jap airfield. We take that, and we save the Aussies, simple as that. Our local Talents will be sharing scouting duties again. You can cross the river here, and strike out due west. All right. All hands, get moving."

PolloDiablo on
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Willy steps to the front and begins to move at the front of the line.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Michael nods at McKelvey and follows Willy back into the sticking, dripping jungle.

"Cold, wet food and hot wet trees. Both of them probably full of little critters who want us dead. Just another day at the office, eh?"

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    The Monster responds simply.

"I'm ready and willing."

He takes off into the jungle, gun in hand and nostrils flared.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    PolloDiabloPolloDiablo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    You're able to reach the airfield without incident, after a few hours of marching. From the edge of the forest, the terrain stretches out for a few hundred yards, wide open and grassy. Up the long, sloping, field, you can see a cluster of buildings at the head of the incomplete airstrip. Unfortunately, out here it's bright, sunny, and hot, not a cloud in the sky.

As the battallion fans out for the attack, a gigantic marine with a huge beard calls you over. "Lt. Saycheck, I've got Mike Company. Your squad is mine for the attack. We're going in as fast as we can, maybe catch them by surprise. See that big pagoda? That's probably the HQ. It's yours. We're taking five minutes for everyone to get in position, then we'll hit it. Get ready."

PolloDiablo on