As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

There's somethin' weird, and it don't look [Chat]

1333435363739»

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I imagine he wants to stick things with terminating alkene bonds to semiconductor surfaces.

Or maybe UV curing glue.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue is probably the best half hour I have in a week.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    No these are low pressure UV mercury lamps. I bought 5 of them in the T5 style, but the ballast prices are horrendous and I want to run them all at once.

Some research suggests lighting people are full of it, and a $10 8w magnetic ballast will do just fine with a conventional starter.

The reason for 5 tubes is to match the output of the current light I'm using, but to keep them small enough to fit into a more secure, less eye-raping enclosure (said old microwave).

I can't find a way to use the magnetron effectively, and it's occurred to me it's probably not designed to run for 20 hours straight.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Well in that case it matters less if you do blow them up I suppose. It's a good catch on realising that microwaves aren't supposed to work for twenty hour stretches. I'd not even thought of that.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Frank Hovis

Aye, ISIHAC is pure joy. Jack Dee is hosting the next two, and apparently doing the same job on the live tour they're doing.

Bogart on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited June 2009
    Book_of_Emblems1531.gif

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Ok the answer here is to go back to the electrical wholesaler and buy an 8w ballast and just see what happens when I hook it up to an equivalent white light tube. If it works, yay, and then I can look at the plausibility of the conversion I want to do.

And then at some later date, look at screwing around with microwaves - my best guess is there might be an opportunity to step up 50hz line voltage to a much higher frequency and feed that through the magnetic ballasts.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Last Watch was very satisfying.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    hmmmm. my HECS statement implies that I may not have to make a repayment this year

unexpected bonus! People, tell me to buy something frivolous. I'm open to any suggestions that don't involve underage hookers or the less-stable classes of explosive.

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Variable wrote: »
    luckily because my tv is freaking and I wanted a distraction I bought Knights In The Nightmare. it will also serve to distract from poker.

DREZ if you're around, did you buy this? seems like something you'd dig on.

Cool...what is it? I vaguely remember seeing an email about it - is it an Atlus game?

What is it? Do you like it?

I'd like to pick up that new SMT game from Atlus for the DS.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    The Cat wrote: »
    hmmmm. my HECS statement implies that I may not have to make a repayment this year

unexpected bonus! People, tell me to buy something frivolous. I'm open to any suggestions that don't involve underage hookers or the less-stable classes of explosive.

A sense of humor.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    The Cat wrote: »

Of age hookers, a spa treatment, or... a combo!

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Oh look, it's JustinSane, being funny. I mean retarded. That's what I meant.

Your thread, Drez.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    20050502h.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
This discussion has been closed.