As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Yao Ming's Career Memorial Thread

• TheBigEasyTheBigEasy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think the Dannys (Ainge and Ferry) just about shat their collective pants after that trade. If Orlando somehow retains Hedo (and if I am Hedo I'd take a full midlevel deal over 5 years or something like that, cause here he can win Championships) and they are back in the finals next year. Doesn't matter how much Shaq has left ... if Carter doesn't demand too many touches and can buy into not being No. 1 option than this is a very scary team.
    TelMarine wrote: »
    I'm surprised though that the Magic gave up Lee.

I hate Carter as much as the next guy ... but giving up Lee in that trade was a no brainer.

TheBigEasy on
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Had to give up someone promising in order to get Carter. Nets have a nice young core to build on now - Harris, Lee, Lopez, Boone.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
    edited June 2009

Had to give up someone promising in order to get Carter. Nets have a nice young core to build on now - Harris, Lee, Lopez, Boone.

But I actually seriously doubt that will be enough for LeBron to even give them a second glance next season.

TheBigEasy on
    edited June 2009
    TheBigEasy wrote: »

But I actually seriously doubt that will be enough for LeBron to even give them a second glance next season.

Oh, not even close. There's no way LeBron would ever come to the Nets, not even if Jay-Z started dangling Beyonce in front of his face as a signing bonus.

The Raging Platypus on
  • DukiDuki Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Nelson
    Howard
    Carter
    Turkoglu
    Lewis

As a starting five.

Is it just me, or could that possibly spell r-i-n-g?

Sign the Turk again just eat the luxury tax dear god just do it.

Duki on
  • PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Look, Vince Carter has to hit a wall at some point

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Duki wrote: »
    Nelson
    Howard
    Carter
    Turkoglu
    Lewis

As a starting five.

Doesn't leave them with much of a bench though. Only notables are Gortat (I guess) and Anthony Johnson.

The Raging Platypus on
  • KilljoyKilljoy __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    Nelson
    Howard
    Carter
    Turkoglu
    Lewis

As a starting five.

Doesn't leave them with much of a bench though. Only notables are Gortat (I guess) and Anthony Johnson.

Pietrus works as their deadeye/defender off the bench.

Also rumours that Amar'e's headed to Golden State p. soon.

Killjoy on
    edited June 2009
    Nah no way they keep Gortat if they keep the Turk.

They lose a lot of depth but fuck it, Boston did it benchless with older bodies than the Magic.

Duki on
    edited June 2009
    Nelson
    Howard
    Carter
    Turkoglu
    Lewis

As a starting five.

Michael Pietrus and whoever they sign for the veterans minimum. Battie wasn't much of bench player. The only thing they really lost was Lee ... its not like their bench got significantly worse by that trade. Besides, I think there was someone else included on the Nets side, some big guy.

TheBigEasy on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sergio Rodriguez to the Kings

deadonthestreet on
    edited June 2009
    Sergio Rodriguez to the Kings

What for?

I'm sad that they broke up Rudy and Sergio.

Killjoy on
    edited June 2009
    They sent him and 38 in exchange for 31

deadonthestreet on
    edited June 2009
    *smacks forehead* How could I forget about Pietrus. I wanted to punch him in the face every time he smirked after draining a 3.

Yeah, Ryan Anderson seemed like he has some potential, but who knows.

The Raging Platypus on
    edited June 2009
    Amar'e might go for Biedrins, Belinelli, Wright, and #7

Good deal for both.

Killjoy on
    edited June 2009
    No way Amare brings that much. Gotta be either the 7 or Wright.

deadonthestreet on
  • PhonehandPhonehand Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    the prospect of amare and anthony randolph on the floor at the same time frightens and terrifies me

Phonehand on
    pmdunk.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Amare in a Nelly ball system? Talk about a monster statistical year coming up.

The Raging Platypus on
    edited June 2009
    *smacks forehead* How could I forget about Pietrus. I wanted to punch him in the face every time he smirked after draining a 3.

And I am pretty sure, coming off a finals appearance with a healthy Nelson and VC and the Turk back ... the Magic will be able to sign a couple of low cost veterans who want a ring to round out the roster. Either now or mid season ... If I am Rasheed Wallace or Allen Iverson I'd seriously consider either going to Cleveland or the Magic on the veterans minimum. Rasheed especially (read somewhere earlier he is already linked to Cleveland) ... not so sure about AI tho, he probably wants too big a role.

TheBigEasy on
    edited June 2009

And I am pretty sure, coming off a finals appearance with a healthy Nelson and VC and the Turk back ... the Magic will be able to sign a couple of low cost veterans who want a ring to round out the roster. Either now or mid season ... If I am Rasheed Wallace or Allen Iverson I'd seriously consider either going to Cleveland or the Magic on the veterans minimum. Rasheed especially (read somewhere earlier he is already linked to Cleveland) ... not so sure about AI tho, he probably wants too big a role.

Rasheed would be a good veteran pickup, but AI would be terrible, frankly. It would be like Rafer x 10 in terms of management headaches.

The Raging Platypus on
  • TachosTachos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh jesus, I can't believe they gave away C Lee, he had so much potential... He was just a rookie. Guess Im a little jaded after theyve given away players like Billups, Ben Wallace, and Ariza. I've always thought Carter was pretty meh. There goes the point guard depth.

Tachos on
    Your sig was too tall. -Thanatos
    Sig1copy.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Well Alston was probably going to want out no matter what.

I'd actually like Rasheed in Orlando.

And I'd like AI in Cleveland even better. Lebron + Shaq + AI. The egos would explode.

Duki on
    edited June 2009

Rasheed would be a good veteran pickup, but AI would be terrible, frankly. It would be like Rafer x 10 in terms of management headaches.

Yeah probably. After he imploded in Detroit he won't take a back seat. But Rasheed would be great for the Magic.

TheBigEasy on
    edited June 2009
    Tachos wrote: »
    Oh jesus, I can't believe they gave away C Lee, he had so much potential... He was just a rookie. Guess Im a little jaded after theyve given away players like Billups, Ben Wallace, and Ariza. I've always thought Carter was pretty meh. There goes the point guard depth.

Anthony Johnson is still a very capable backup PG.

The Raging Platypus on
  • TachosTachos Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Orlando definately needs another rebounder, Hedo and Lewis are too soft.

Tachos on
    Your sig was too tall. -Thanatos
    Sig1copy.jpg
    edited June 2009

Really? I mean Carter is a big douche ... but come on. You should be happy to be back in the finals next year.

Problem tho is ... what will Hedo do. Especially if someone throws a contract north of 10 mill a year at him. If I am Hedo, I'd take a long term deal with the Magic ... but wouldn't demand 10 mill or more, cause that way he'd be in a very good position to win some rings ...

Than again I am not Hedo ... and NBA players tend to go where the biggest pay check waits.

TheBigEasy on
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

Really? I mean Carter is a big douche ... but come on. You should be happy to be back in the finals next year.

Problem tho is ... what will Hedo do. Especially if someone throws a contract north of 10 mill a year at him. If I am Hedo, I'd take a long term deal with the Magic ... but wouldn't demand 10 mill or more, cause that way he'd be in a very good position to win some rings ...

Than again I am not Hedo ... and NBA players tend to go where the biggest pay check waits.

Carter's not any douchier than any other NBA player.

He sulked his way out of Toronto, but he's been nothing other than a standup guy in New Jersey, a team that obviously had no intention of competing after unloading Kidd and Jefferson. Carter didn't demand to be traded to a contender or complain that his surrounding talent was disappearing, he just played hard every night.

BubbaT on
  • BergyBergy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So many trades.

Amare to GSW? oh my.

I wants him, I do.

Ricky Rubio: first player ever born in the 90's drafted.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    I've been trying to reach you, but your extension cord doesn't reach that far.
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sergio Rodriguez, #38 pick to SAC.

#31 pick to POR.

BubbaT on
    edited June 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »

He sulked his way out of Toronto, but he's been nothing other than a standup guy in New Jersey, a team that obviously had no intention of competing after unloading Kidd and Jefferson. Carter didn't demand to be traded to a contender or complain that his surrounding talent was disappearing, he just played hard every night.

This is true.

I used to watch Carter a lot because I live fairly close to Continental Arena, and he has been a class act.

The Raging Platypus on
    edited June 2009
    I hope the Bulls do not draft Tyler.

I will shit.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    edited June 2009
    BubbaT wrote: »

Exactly ... thats why Magic fans should be excited to get him and a ticket to the finals next year. Yes, Lee is good ... but crying over losing him for VC? I don't get it ...

TheBigEasy on
    edited June 2009
    The Magic have 65 million tied up in 6 players.

Carter
    Howard
    Pietrus
    Lewis
    Nelson
    Redick

They also have no one else under contract.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    edited June 2009
    Why did they take 5 minutes to announce that?

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    edited June 2009
    gotta build suspense bro

Duki on
    edited June 2009
    So Stu Scott could talk more

deadonthestreet on
    edited June 2009
    gotta build suspense bro

They didn't even work anyone else out.

Bergy on
    ChicagoBulls01.jpg
    edited June 2009
    no way!

thabeet!

this is crazy

Duki on
    edited June 2009
    Must improve: Strength

deadonthestreet on
    edited June 2009
    no way!

thabeet!

this is crazy

Rubio scared Memphis off by not wanting to go there. I read earlier Sac will be passing on him too if he falls, cause they don't want the mess with his contract buyout.

TheBigEasy on
This discussion has been closed.