As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40k] Teaching our children to become genetically enhanced killers

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A new army? A huge expansion to your current army?

Either way, I recommend it all go to GW in some way.

Edit: Shifted Matrix again beats BoLS in the news of the new FW stuff. This time by days.

Anon the Felon on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    One of my squads last night used first rank fire second rank fire to kill a Necron lord with full wounds in cover :D

It was 2 wounds from lasguns that went through and one from plasma! That squad will certainly be receiving honors. I believe after they killed him, he stood up with 1 wound then made them run off the field. Then the nearby platoon command with chimera shot him down and he didn't stand up :D

It was a pretty fun game - my penal legion managed to take an objective. Necromunda Goliaths whut whut :D

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm so glad I have you guys here. There's a douchenozzle over at the SA forums trying to say that putting special weapons in boyz squads is a bad idea and my brain is about to explode from his smug idiocy.

SJ on
  • alqadimalqadim Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    SJ wrote: »
    I'm so glad I have you guys here. There's a douchenozzle over at the SA forums trying to say that putting special weapons in boyz squads is a bad idea and my brain is about to explode from his smug idiocy.

it depends on the role, I don't usually put them in my truk boys squads, though in big footslogger shoota boys squads I'll throw in big shootas.. Bs2 makes rokkits better fired from deffcoptas or somewhere else they are twin linked tho

alqadim on
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    bad idea

does this man care nothing for the dakka

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited June 2009
    Only if you have the points to justify spending it on a unit like that. If I dropped the rokkits from my 2 slugga boy squads (30 man) then I wouldn't have the points to buy any significant form of rokkit firepower and I'd be taking some versatility away from my mobs.

SJ on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited June 2009
    Was digging around in my bookmarks and found this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKpiH0A1ONg

Echo on
  • ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    I want that to see a product release so bad.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
  • admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ElderCat wrote: »

I'll wait until it's about a ten times faster. :P

admanb on
  • lessmorelessmore United StatesRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Has anyone with some inside knowledge herd what the second wave of daemons will be, or when they will be released. I want to start a daemon army. Seems like everyone is starting one.

Anyway I didnt want to buy the metal horrors or plaguebearers if they will be coming out with plastic minis this year.

lessmore on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    holy shit

PiptheFair on
  • Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    that thing is awsome!

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
  • DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    lessmore wrote: »
    Has anyone with some inside knowledge herd what the second wave of daemons will be, or when they will be released. I want to start a daemon army. Seems like everyone is starting one.

Anyway I didnt want to buy the metal horrors or plaguebearers if they will be coming out with plastic minis this year.
    There have not even been rumours of anything besides the new prince, but seeing as horrors and bearers are troops, it seems reasonable to assume they'll be plastic some time.
    Depends how badly you want them I guess.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
    edited June 2009

Elder we are in the process of opening up a shop btw. When it opens you need to come play. (Also we are releasing some product tomorrow night on our site :P) Long Barreled autoguns anyone?

alqadim on
    edited June 2009
    edit: I can read!

SJ on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    TheBog wrote: »
    Question about Vendettas. When outflanking, do they HAVE to move more than 6 inches to get on the table? Given the size of the mode, is it possible for them not to? Is it possible to have a Vendetta shoot all 3 lascannons on the turn it comes in?

TheBog on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Question about Vendettas. When outflanking, do they HAVE to move more than 6 inches to get on the table? Given the size of the mode, is it possible for them not to? Is it possible to have a Vendetta shoot all 3 lascannons on the turn it comes in?

Couldn't they move sideways?

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited June 2009
    Well it depends. What's shorter; their wingspan or their nose-to-tail?

TheBog on
  • Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Well it depends. What's shorter; their wingspan or their nose-to-tail?

They are pretty much equal. You could try moving them diagonally. I'll mess with it tomorrow and let you know.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

edited June 2009
    Thanks. Whether I can get them to fire all lascannons on the turn they come in or not is a BIG factor for whether I wanna buy em or not.

TheBog on
    edited June 2009
    Thanks. Whether I can get them to fire all lascannons on the turn they come in or not is a BIG factor for whether I wanna buy em or not.

You mint, *Might* be able to pull it off. I just ran some quick tests and there's a specific angle that allows it to be just fully on the table and have traveled only 6". It severely limits the arc of fire though and you'd be screwed if you had a squadron of them.

Of course if I had a squadron of them I'd just deploy them normally and hope the 9 twin-linked lascannons would be enough to deal with what front armor they'd have to face.

Librarian's ghost on

• ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    alqadim wrote: »

Elder we are in the process of opening up a shop btw. When it opens you need to come play. (Also we are releasing some product tomorrow night on our site :P) Long Barreled autoguns anyone?

Some type of link might help.

ElderCat on
    DO3O00C.png
    edited June 2009

Some type of link might help.

I'll put a link up tomorrow night when there is something to look at :)

alqadim on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

You mint, *Might* be able to pull it off. I just ran some quick tests and there's a specific angle that allows it to be just fully on the table and have traveled only 6". It severely limits the arc of fire though and you'd be screwed if you had a squadron of them.

Of course if I had a squadron of them I'd just deploy them normally and hope the 9 twin-linked lascannons would be enough to deal with what front armor they'd have to face.
    You can just leave part of them hanging over the side of the table. Just be sure not to jostle anything with your elbow.

Gabriel_Pitt on
    edited June 2009
    Pretty sure a model has to be all the way onto the table. You can't move off the table, after all :P

SJ on
    edited June 2009
    Why the hell do the IG flyers have to be so ungodly huge.

TheBog on
    edited June 2009
    They don't really do anything small.

Plus, that way they're easy to convert into fighta bommas, and I can pose Orks dropping bombs out the sides/back of the thing :P

SJ on
  • EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    They don't really do anything small.

Plus, that way they're easy to convert into fighta bommas, and I can pose Orks dropping bombs out the sides/back of the thing :P

I still maintain a Valkyrie with an Iron Gob is something I'm going to have to do once I can get a kit for cheap.

Pic-1.jpg

Ein on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Pretty sure a model has to be all the way onto the table. You can't move off the table, after all :P
    But you're not moving off the table, you're moving onto it. Nothing in the rules address the matter at all. I play it that it's cool for parts of vehicles hang off the table, otherwise you end up with really weird situations, like Monoliths not being able to move on at all because they're longer than 6" at the base.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    But you're not moving off the table, you're moving onto it. Nothing in the rules address the matter at all. I play it that it's cool for parts of vehicles hang off the table, otherwise you end up with really weird situations, like how does a Monoliths not being able to move on at all because they're longer than 6" at the base.

For the valkyrie, at least, I would simply rule the base has to move less than six, if the tail is hanging off, its not a problem. Then again, Im also lenient with things like gun barrels on tanks going over deployment lines(since you measure from base of gun along the barrel).

Raslin on
    I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
    edited June 2009
    Man, it sure is a pain in the ass to setup an e-commerce site to let everyone order EXCEPT timspork ;)

alqadim on
    edited June 2009
    Would it be 'ok' to use Steel Legion as stormtroopers? I really like the Steel Legion models and don't really like the stormtrooper models.

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • ApogeeApogee Lancks In Every Game Ever Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    mugginns wrote: »
    Would it be 'ok' to use Steel Legion as stormtroopers? I really like the Steel Legion models and don't really like the stormtrooper models.

Sounds like an excellent idea to me. They look awfully badass.

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
    edited June 2009
    Man, it sure is a pain in the ass to setup an e-commerce site to let everyone order EXCEPT timspork ;)

:x

Librarian's ghost on

• Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    mugginns wrote: »

Im using Gaunts ghosts as counts as Al rahem, and steel legion as bastone veterans and havent really gotten any complaints from people. The only thing they say is make sure its wyswyg on the forums i surf.

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]
    edited June 2009
    Looks like the common consensus is that you measure from the base for skimmers, so a Vendetta only has to move as far as the skimmer diameter to enter the board during an outflank, thus still being able to fire all lascannons and even rotating around. I asked on Dakka, LibrariumOnline, and HeresyOnline. For some reason it won't let me post on Bolter and Chainsword.

TheBog on
    edited June 2009
    Ok guys, here's my sample Tau list. I don't have a codex with me, so this is very rough in terms of points and loadouts, but it's about 1500 points. C&C please!
    Shas’o – 175
    Cyclic Ion Blaster, Airburst
    Shield Generator
    Iridium Armour
    Stimulant Injector
    HW Multi Tracker
    HW Target Lock
    Goes with Carbine FWs for close range infantry eating. Tough as nails.

Two Stealth Teams: - 300 each
    6 Stealth Suits
    All with Drone Controllers and two Gun Drones
    Close-ish range infantry munching. Maybe use Fusion Blasters?

One Marker Stealth Team - 300
    4 Stealth Suits
    Leader with Target Lock
    All with Drone Controllers and Two Marker Drones
    Marker shit up.

6 FWs with Rifles – 80
    Leader with Markerlight
    Long range plinking.

6 FWs with Carbines – 60
    Short range plinking.

2 x 15 Kroot Carnivores – 105 each
    Outflank and eat.

1 x 10 Kroot Carnivores – 105
    One Krootox
    Sit on an objective and shoot away.

So, problems: I have virtually no anti-armour. Fusion blasters seem a little too close for Stealth Suit comfort, and I really don't want to risk my Shas'o that much... but I may have to. I woudl love to get Hounds and more Oxen, but the price is not right. Any suggestions on how to get some highly mobile anti-armour into this force? I want to avoid using Broadsides and Hammerheads if at all possible - so Fusion Blasters might be my only option :/. Anything I'm overlooking?

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
    edited June 2009
    Why do you want to avoid using Broadsides and Hammerheads? They're amazing.

TheBog on
    edited June 2009
    I know. It's a themed army - I want to have some close range, melee capable Tau. No particualr reason in doing so.

I'm considering Skyrays as my heavy support choice - I suppose if I've got to use somethnig for armour cracking, off-site artillery fits with teh jungle-warefare theme.

Maybe I should get that commander with the double twin-linked fusion blasters... I suppose she'd be good for tank killing...

Does anyone have experience in using stealthies for tank hunting? Does it end in molten slag, or tears?

Apogee on
    8R7BtLw.png
    edited June 2009
    I don't really know anything about Tau except for LOL WS 2 EAT CHAINSWORD XENOS! but I do like the idea of having a themed army. Too many people these days just take whatever is best

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
This discussion has been closed.