As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We hate all the orphans [Tabletop RPGs and Gaming]

1565758596062»

• DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    That is not an unfair evaluation.

DE?AD on
  • BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Looking at your character sheet, telling it that it isn't him you just have needs, and those needs can only be met by playing a Hydra with each head controlled by another player.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    As7 wrote: »
    DMAC, those are great.

Also their existence will probably discourage Dustin and Natasha from changing characters again :p
    that's the idea!

hahaha

I hate you both.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • guruslothgurusloth Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DE?AD is the corpse-fucker of D&D

gurusloth on
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Earlier today I found a copy of the Vampire Bloodlines game my freind bought it since she was very interested in playing it

A few hours later we talk about the game it was based on and other werid things like how I met Tabitha and her creepy fetishes

Sigh it's bad that I can get a lot of stuff cheap since shops are closing left and right here
    I got arcane power for D&d with a few other books so I might try out a bard if I can find people to play with

Brainleech on
  • Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If there is any action going on and you need an extra player I would be so very down

running two weekly campaigns has left me yearning for heroics of my own

Airking850 on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Was discussing D&D stuff with some folks at the game store today, came up with a pretty awesome thing for a campaign.

What if the inn you went to stay at... was always the same inn?

I'm not going to elaborate on the direction we took this concept, because there's a lot of different ways you can work with it, and if that sounds interesting to you I'd rather you take it your own way rather than be overly influenced by our discussion.

DarkPrimus on
    edited June 2009
    The same inn in every town? roadside? or hamlet? the one where everyone knows you name?

Brainleech on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A travelling inn

Maybe it somehow teleports around, or is strapped to the back of a giant elephant

The Black Hunter on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    BYToady wrote: »
    Looking at your character sheet, telling it that it isn't him you just have needs, and those needs can only be met by playing a Hydra with each head controlled by another player.

This is such a great idea for a campaign.

DE?AD on
    edited June 2009
    The players are cursed. Any inn they enter is the same inn. The doorway(s) always lead back to the same place, but somehow always dump them in that same inn.

Maybe its how the local mage plans on getting consistent updates on how the mission is going, and wants the party members to know not to fuck with this guy. Anyone can scry on his minions, but this is a bit much.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited June 2009
    A travelling inn

Maybe it somehow teleports around, or is strapped to the back of a giant elephant

I hope the elephant is male because it would be rather akward if it's female

Brainleech on
    edited June 2009
    Imagine if you will, a world with only one inn. Adventurers do things and then end up back there. In the corner, someone is playing some scary music or something.

Airking850 on
    edited June 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    BYToady wrote: »

This is such a great idea for a campaign.

I know a few people that would make playing in such a campaign a blast. Much like when I decided to play an intelligent piece of another player's gear.

It was so much fun convincing (in game) our bard that all barbarians got magic talking rocks, and that if she learned the mystical ways of the barbarian she too would get a magical talking rock.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited June 2009
    Airking850 wrote: »
    Imagine if you will, a world with only one inn. Adventurers do things and then end up back there. In the corner, someone is playing some scary music or something.

The same used up bar maid flirting in vain with customers
    This inn just creates itself

Brainleech on
    edited June 2009
    Airking850 wrote: »

Dungeons and Dragons, Twilight Zone.

"Theres a creature on the wing! I cast Lightning bolt, and then cast fly on myself before the plane crashes!"

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
    edited June 2009
    With all the creatures in the world dead, he had all the time in the world to count his treasure. That is, until his Bag of Holding broke.

Airking850 on
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This Inn stuff reminds me of that issue of Gaiman's Sandman where all the creatures of fey just sit around in the last inn or whatever and swap travellers tales... sorta.

Plus, I don't really remember the issue that well, either.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I know what you're talking about, Fishman, but it's not quite the same...

As I said, there's a lot of different ways you can take the concept.

DarkPrimus on
    edited June 2009
    Fishman wrote: »
    This Inn stuff reminds me of that issue of Gaiman's Sandman where all the creatures of fey just sit around in the last inn or whatever and swap travellers tales... sorta.:winky:

Plus, I don't really remember the issue that well, either.

Well with that edit do you really want to remember what the creatures of the fey were swaping in the inn?

Brainleech on
  • Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Tommy

have you not read Cyrano

No I have not

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Alright, which of you are running vent games? And should I advertise them on the next OP?

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Sample OP, in case the thread closes while I'm at work, today. Do with it as you will.

SE++ Tabletop RPGs and Gaming- 5th Edition

You want to see insanely detailed gameboards? You got it!

Do customized minis catch your attention?

Moral of the story: Rank just puts us all to shame.

How about a pretty cool undead race? BAM. (requires D&D insider to get the whole scoop)

Welcome to the land of Nerds, Geeks, and Sociopaths. The forgotten Jungles of pimples and virginity, where the wild Pale still roam. A place to share your innermost kernels of corniness.

Online Campaign List:

DE?AD's: Uses RISUS. Availability: ANYBODY can join!

ART!

DMAC wrote: »
    bullywug_cleric.jpg

kenku_rogue.jpg

Janson wrote: »
    DE?AD's character, T'k, a skeletal midget with a dwarf beard on his head and a lucky Ace of Spades card:
    tk_02.jpg
    Janson wrote: »
    Mori's character and mine:
    aldous_01.jpg

pers_01.jpg

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I run a vent Mutants and Masterminds game on Tuesday nights at 5 PM EST, as well as a play by post 4e dwarf game (http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=91693)

Edit: and I guess Mutants and Masterminds is open to new players, contact me about it if you're interested

Straightzi on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Dead where the fuck is that dungeon master class

Forum Battles happened.

Then I sorta stopped caring. Maybe if I were still playing one I would put more work into it.

Hey, Marsh...

i'm gonna lay it out proper tomorrow

maybe throw together an illustration
    I still have the indesign file I used with all the styles and everything all set, I could fire it over your way if you want.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    Dead where the fuck is that dungeon master class

Forum Battles happened.

Then I sorta stopped caring. Maybe if I were still playing one I would put more work into it.

Hey, Marsh...

i'm gonna lay it out proper tomorrow

maybe throw together an illustration
    I still have the indesign file I used with all the styles and everything all set, I could fire it over your way if you want.

hell yeah, that'll save a bit of time

you still got my email?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    hey, where's that video someone posted a while back about the guy making the custom terrain table?

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Metzger Meister on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    also that crazy swede posted this in CF
    Echo wrote: »
    Was digging around in my bookmarks and found this again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKpiH0A1ONg

PiptheFair on
  • DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    Man, I've mentioned this before but the company where I work has all of the equipment I would need to make amazing terrain if I only had somewhere to store it.

We have two large hot wire cutters:

Products_Fwire.jpg

Which will cut any 2-D vector shape out of a sheet/block of foam. We also have two CNC router tables which can mill 3-D forms out of foam.

DMAC on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just heard Rank's semen go supersonic after hitting the atmosphere.

Abracadaniel on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    oh

my

god

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited June 2009
    I'm in class

with a boner

you motherfuckers

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    man, right when microsoft started showing off their touch-screen table i was like "make some warhammer outta that shits, maybe readable codes on the bottom of the bases that the thingie recognizes"

Metzger Meister on
This discussion has been closed.