As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Glasses/clothes/shoes thread

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am not joking. I greatly enjoy a few of their songs, and am fond enough of a great enough portion of their work that I would gladly pay a couple dozen dollars for the privilege of watching them play their musical instruments and sing their songs. However, I have not laboured toward such an endeavor; neither researched their show dates nor drafted friends to accompany me to one of their shows, should they perform nearby. This is, in my estimation, a manner of conducting myself that well describes my mild enthusiasm for the band.

Charles Kinbote on
  • FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Shank I just realized that spiewak might have had something like the jacket you wanted in their winter collection. Check out their website. In terms of quality, spiewak is freaking amazing.

Faricazy on
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Trillian wrote: »
    I got a pair of $10 shoes at Ross
    Being a student is awesome... yup.
    Though, to be fair, I'm dropping some real money on myself when I go to San Francisco in August.
    I need some clothes that aren't falling apart at the seams.

SF in august? When?

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
    edited June 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »
    Shank I just realized that spiewak might have had something like the jacket you wanted in their winter collection. Check out their website. In terms of quality, spiewak is freaking amazing.

The Coller M1912 in their Fall collection is indeed basically what I'm looking for. Thank you, you handsome devil.

Now I just have to find a retailer that carries them.

Charles Kinbote on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I am not joking. I greatly enjoy a few of their songs, and am fond enough of a great enough portion of their work that I would gladly pay a couple dozen dollars for the privilege of watching them play their musical instruments and sing their songs. However, I have not laboured toward such an endeavor; neither researched their show dates nor drafted friends to accompany me to one of their shows, should they perform nearby. This is, in my estimation, a manner of conducting myself that well describes my mild enthusiasm for the band.

Thank you for elaborating upon your statement in such a manner as to be clearly understood in every nuance!

If you see them live you should let me know if they're any good.

I got a hat the other day. I don't think I can ever actually wear it out of the house, though.
    hatm.jpg

I really need to do some actual shopping instead of "AHAHAHA I'm buying that!" shopping.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i just got a pair of these

jordan-1-low-phat-2.jpg

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
    edited June 2009

Thank you for elaborating upon your statement in such a manner as to be clearly understood in every nuance!

If you see them live you should let me know if they're any good.

I got a hat the other day. I don't think I can ever actually wear it out of the house, though.
    hatm.jpg

I really need to do some actual shopping instead of "AHAHAHA I'm buying that!" shopping.

should you never wear it out of the house

or should you always wear it out of the house

think it over

Charles Kinbote on
    edited June 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »

The Coller M1912 in their Fall collection is indeed basically what I'm looking for. Thank you, you handsome devil.

Now I just have to find a retailer that carries them.
    I've already said, I have their peacoat, I paid too much for it because I needed a Medium in the middle of the season, and I can't be happier about it. It's the best damn coat ever. :^:

I was eyeing this thing as a stylin' raincoat come fall:

S1974-005zoom1.jpg

looks pimp, don't it?

Faricazy on
    edited June 2009
    no results on ebay

everything I can find online is either XL or 2XL

no stores in my state

I have a feeling this coat is going to become my white whale

Charles Kinbote on
  • Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    In this scenario, who is Ishmael? And how many chapters will there be about whaling?

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
    edited June 2009
    however if the sad hispanic man is not included in the purchase, the deal may be off

Faricazy on
    edited June 2009
    In this scenario, who is Ishmael? And how many chapters will there be about whaling?

My name's Shank, but you can call me Ishmael.

there will be reeertt5tttyyyyyyhyyyyttttttttt44444444444ggggggggggggggggttggffffffffffxxxxdhyhyyhghygftttfggffrrfoopiiiiiijuijhht
    olookjiiuuu8uyyyyyyyxdsszssssxxxznnn v cc jujuufffftwwejjhuuhhggggggggggg vvvvvvvv c vvb b v c chbhn

Charles Kinbote on
    edited June 2009
    weh!

Faricazy on
    edited June 2009
    Wuh-oh

Shank must've died while typing.
    "The Castle of Aaaaaaghh"

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I need some new shoes. What should I get? Preferably something not hideous.

Also, I had no idea who Fleet Foxes was so I looked them up. Can't say I care for them but I did find them singing a nice little folk tune. It was very good. It was just 4 part harmony. I am a sucker for that kind of stuff. I don't think they wrote it though.

SirToasty on
  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    get some brown shoes

brown based shoe

ack on
  • SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I could use some nice brown shoes when I need to dress up a bit with some khakis but even for just casual wear? I imagine I would get sick of it.

edit: Apparently those guys did write that song I heard.

SirToasty on
  • ShoggothShoggoth Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    J Crew has some nice sweaters. Although I am very sad that this
    jcrew-toggle-sweater.jpg
    has already been removed from their online store. Fucking uncrate is too popular for it's own good now.

Shoggoth on
    11tu0w1.jpg
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I went to buy some chucks

Was just gonna get the usual classic black, but there were some rad off-black/dark grey with yellow stitching that looked really great but none my size. I just went to Kmart and grabbed some shitty fakes to tide me over.

Also the bargain basket was full of Green and Blue chucks. But I wasn't gonna touch them

The Black Hunter on
  • IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I got me some new chucks yesterday
    sch190037p4_BlackandRed_l.jpg

I always buy the star player chucks because I like the little stripe and star on the side

Iskander on
  • The EverymanThe Everyman Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    brownjacket.jpg

Where do I find shoes like these?

The Everyman on
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    A shoe store

any shoe store

in the world

The Black Hunter on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I just picked up a pair of Adidas Stan Smiths of which I cannot find an accurate picture of on the intarwebs.

They are black with white eyelets and I love them.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited June 2009
    I just want a damn shoe that will fit my bitch of a wide foot comfortably, without looking ugly as sin, last less than a 6 months (like my vans slip ons), or being made of suede.
    brownjacket.jpg

Where do I find shoes like these?
    http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/22926958/c/513.html
    I'm thinking I feel these ones better, but I'm iffy on the leather:
    http://www.zappos.com/product/7478645/color/11196

The Everyman on
    edited June 2009

[Deleted User] on
  • ackack Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    i wear the cheapest dress shoes i can find

ack on
    edited June 2009
    I went there today, all I could find were ones with this weird funky textured toe that sorta put me off. I was gonna check the Meadows Mall sometime, or hell, maybe just order them online.

The Everyman on
    edited June 2009
    I sound picky as fuck

The Everyman on
    edited June 2009

[Deleted User] on
    edited June 2009
    I don't think I've ever worn a leather sneaker before. I've gone through a few pairs of these for the past 4 years, but I'm getting tired of the short lifespan.

The Everyman on
    edited June 2009
    I went there today, all I could find were ones with this weird funky textured toe that sorta put me off. I was gonna check the Meadows Mall sometime, or hell, maybe just order them online.
    the Meadows mall is shameful

It's either that or Town Square, cause fuck if I'm gonna drive all the way over to Galleria again. I tried the outlet mall too, but no luck there either.

The Everyman on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    teefs i should get you to go into a TNA for me and send me some hoodies
    because we don't have them here and they can't be ordered through the site online.

beavotron on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm getting one of these.
    1_01610493-SM-135-ZOOM.gif
    1_01610481-CK-225-ZOOM.gif

Meiz on
    edited June 2009
    Meiz wrote: »

only one?

Surely you will need two

The Black Hunter on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Meiz wrote: »

only one?

Surely you will need two
    one for each foot

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I hate to break it to you, but that's an unmatched pair.

MrMonroe on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Silver's the new black.

Although I'd rather have a pair of white ones as well.

Meiz on
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    nothing replaces black. black is the base from which all other colors coordinate

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • AirAir Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    if you are talking about paint sure

but i wear my shoes white with a layer of light refracting crystals to change their colour
    for fancy occasions i dail the crystals up to max refraction and then i am wearing what appears to be black shoes

Air on
    darjeelingshortsig95.jpg
This discussion has been closed.