As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

wooooooooo (oooooooooooo)

• RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    the fuck is a kerb

Raneados on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Yeah their 'comfortable' stuff is shit

but as far as bookshelves and tv stands and such go they are aces

Moriveth on
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2009
    My coffee table from IKEA is fuckin' boss because it slides open from the top and has storage for all my many many game controllers.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    the fuck is a kerb

Oops, sorry, curb. I thought you were English for some weird reason.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    the fuck is a kerb

Oops, sorry, curb. I thought you were English for some weird reason.

I am

Raneados on
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    man what my ikea couch is so fucking comfortable

the only problem with it is the cushions don't stay put all that well but i don't mind

i think they stopped making this line though (varnamo)

satansfingers on
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Oh. My parents are both Poms, and they spell it kerb. Just assumed you would too.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
    edited June 2009
    well when I go I will see what is comfortable

I like firm things

(oh ho ho ho)

Raneados on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    My grandmother had a chair she stole from her neighbor's trash

Because "it's a perfectly good chair, no sense wasting it!"

And it is a nice chair

Me Too! on
    edited June 2009
    if I see things on the side of the road I will investigate

Raneados on
    edited June 2009
    street couches traditionally smell of urine

satansfingers on
    edited June 2009
    that's why febreeze exists!

Raneados on
    edited June 2009
    febreeze and urine

satansfingers on
  • Ol' SparkyOl' Sparky Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    can i just say

mmmm

Ol' Sparky on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2009
    oh man, ain't no bachelor pad complete without a bona-fide side of the road Stink Couch

that's where you make the dude sit that never brings his own refreshments but insists on partaking in your lovely refreshments

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited June 2009
    street couches traditionally smell of urine

This is why you pick up nice stuff from expensive suburbs - the kind of suburbs where housewives have far too much money and like to replace 'out-of-season' furniture regularly.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I never imagined that there would be people stupid enough to treat furniture as "seasonal."

Every day I underestimate humanity's capacity for stupid.

CptKemzik on
  • FutoreFutore Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    learned how to tie some bitchin' knots tonight

Futore on
    ETqXK.png
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    CptKemzik wrote: »
    I never imagined that there would be people stupid enough to treat furniture as "seasonal."

Every day I underestimate humanity's capacity for stupid.

You'd be surprised. People sometimes throw out what is basically good furniture just because they have purchased new furniture and they either have no room for the old, or it does not match etc etc. We scored some sweet bed-side tables and lamps for my parents' bedroom that way.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • WoodroezWoodroez Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Futore wrote: »

Wait, like, literal knots with rope? or is this some metaphor I'm not hip to?

I always wanted to learn how to tie a few good knots. Maybe keep a coil of rope in the car in case I have to do some MacGuyver shit.

Woodroez on
    858213-butcher-2.jpg
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    I need to start planning furniture for my apartment

I have a bed and a table

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Cinder blocks, milk crates and MDF boards.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hey Knob, I know a shit-ass company in the "Seattle area" that probably needs a machinist.

You don't want to work there though, they suck and shit.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
    edited June 2009
    Woodroez wrote: »
    Futore wrote: »

Wait, like, literal knots with rope? or is this some metaphor I'm not hip to?

I always wanted to learn how to tie a few good knots. Maybe keep a coil of rope in the car in case I have to do some MacGuyver shit.

I was surprised to learn that furniture has yearly fashion trends. Many of the Uni students around where I live furnish their apartments with stuff from kerb pickups in the rich suburbs. Our coffee table is off the side of the road...

Edit: Oops, quoted the wrong post...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • NewtronNewtron Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I got my couch and living room chair from my friends garage.

My Kitchen table was a roadside table that just needed some new nuts, bolts and a refinishing.

I'm tempted to go out looking for road chairs tomorrow.

Newtron on
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We're talking about furniture? I know a dude who got so drunk, he took off one of his sofa cushions and his pants and basically took a dump inside his couch. The best part of it was that a girl at the party wanted to stop him but she was actually stopped from doing so by everyone else. "Nooooo its gotta happen!" etc. Good times.

Canada_jezus on
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    I need to start planning furniture for my apartment

I have a bed and a table

Get yourself some bolt cutters and go to one of those self storage places. You wouldn't believe the stuff people leave there.

Hunter on
  • Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Tonkka wrote: »
    Hey Knob, I know a shit-ass company in the "Seattle area" that probably needs a machinist.

You don't want to work there though, they suck and shit.

Thanks for keeping us informed.

Burden of Proof on
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't have any furniture at all. I have dishes. And a vacuum. Yeah. That's going to be rough when I move into an unfurnished apartment in august.

Darkness Mundus on
  • MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So say I wanted a gun that shoots wasps, you could do that? Provided I had a decent supply of wasps of course.

Meiz on
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    napalm imo

Darkness Mundus on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    flamethrower_upward.jpg

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
    edited June 2009
    Just tell gravity you don't believe in unsubstantiated theories and that you want to teach the alternatives.

Hunter on
  • AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    okay so

lesson of the day yesterday is that carrying two loveseats and three full-size bookshelves worth of books up three flights of stairs is hard. On the plus side, should be completely moved in to my new place tonight. Hooray.

Abracadaniel on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    someone post that skydiving accident video

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Even though this was discussed pages ago, a comment on the machinist apprenticeship thing: you have to do a four-year apprenticeship up here to even be able to call yourself a machinist. They hand that title out like candy down in Wyoming it seems.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
    edited June 2009
    Even though this was discussed pages ago, a comment on the machinist apprenticeship thing: you have to do a four-year apprenticeship up here to even be able to call yourself a machinist. They hand that title out like candy down in Wyoming it seems.

Like I said, my father has like 40 years in the industry and can only call himself a machine hand because nobody has done the true journeyman apprentice thing in well over 60 years in PA. He gets a kick out of it when young guys fresh out of VoTech schools call themselves machinists.

Hunter on
  • MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hunter wrote: »

Like I said, my father has like 40 years in the industry and can only call himself a machine hand because nobody has done the true journeyman apprentice thing in well over 60 years in PA. He gets a kick out of it when young guys fresh out of VoTech schools call themselves machinists.

Yea, I have a good friend from high school who did the four-year apprenticeship (which apparently had some incredibly stress-inducing written tests and several courses on metallurgy, advanced algebra and trigonmetry) before he was given his journeyman ticket. You can't even get hired as a machinist up here without your journeyman ticket.

The pay is nice from what I hear. 70 to 90 dollars an hour, wutwut.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
    edited June 2009
    Hunter wrote: »

Yea, I have a good friend from high school who did the four-year apprenticeship (which apparently had some incredibly stress-inducing written tests and several courses on metallurgy, advanced algebra and trigonmetry) before he was given his journeyman ticket. You can't even get hired as a machinist up here without your journeyman ticket.

The pay is nice from what I hear. 70 dollars an hour, wutwut.

70 bucks an hour but remember you have either union dues or you're paying into some kind of job finding service or company. You're still making good money though.

Hunter on