As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's your opinion on each Halo game?

goofd84goofd84 Registered User new member
edited June 2009 in Games and Technology
Like the title says.

Here's my opinion on each Halo game:

Halo Combat Evolved: Classic game! Epic single-player, epic story, near perfect weapon balance, kickass co-op, amazing A.I., memorable music, and awesome multiplayer that takes skill to play. One of the greatest first-person shooters of all time on both consoles and PC. 10/10

Halo 2: Bad sequel! Dull campaign, bad story, horribly unbalanced weapons, A.I. isn't as smart as the first game, and terrible multiplayer that takes no skill to play due to the large hit boxes. One of the most disappointing sequels of all time. 3.5/10

Halo 3: Great game and a massive improvement over Halo 2. Epic campaign although not as good as the first, good story that wraps everything up well, well balanced weapons, amazing 4 player online co-op, excellent enemy A.I., and amazing online multiplayer that takes skill to play. Theatre and Forge are great additions that add a lot of replay value. 9.5/10

Halo Wars: A good attempt at a console RTS with good controls and amazing cinematics but the game is too shallow, but it's still a decent game that's also a great rental. 7/10

goofd84 on

• Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    First one with Co Op is fantastic. Super fun on Legendary difficulty or whatever.

Second one is a big let down and is almost unbeatable on the hardest difficulty.

Third one is pretty solid. Good online. But pretty much more of the same and was quickly replaced by Modern Warfare as my multiplayer game of choice.

Sheep on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    We have a Halo thread.

elevature on
  • Options
    JelloblimpJelloblimp Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ...ehh why is this thread being copy-pasted in several forums these few days? Example http://www.1up.com/boards/posts/list/39957.page

Jelloblimp on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm not convinced this thread will last, but I would like to say 4 player online co-op is the best thing. Even if I hated Halo 3 (and I certainly don't), I would play it just for the 4p Co-op.

MayGodHaveMercy on
    XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I played Halo 1 and 2 back to back for the first time.

Halo 2's campaign was an improvement in almost every respect. Halo 1's plot was totally generic. I have seen two space militaries race for an uber weapon only to be confronted by bio-mechanical evil more than once in my game-playing career. The level design was of 1 was occasionally incredibly insulting. Halo 2 wins by default just for not having the motherfucking Library. Halo 2 didn't quite have the awesome outdoor stuff of 1 but at least they were trying in the overall level design and story area.

august on
This discussion has been closed.