As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[CLUSTERFUCK ON] Wurm Online: PVP-Free Server Is Up, Again. Run for it!

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    At least one good thing is since the Euro has tanked right along with the dollar, it's like $2 cheaper now than it used to be.

Sir Carcass on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I don't get how this game is able to have these sorts of policies and yet still exist. It seems niche enough that it really should be desperately pandering to its customers.

jothki on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    jothki wrote: »
    I don't get how this game is able to have these sorts of policies and yet still exist. It seems niche enough that it really should be desperately pandering to its customers.

I know. It's crazy.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »
    Unfortunately, I can't afford to go premium to get on the new server. So I guess I'll be stuck on Wild. Lame.

No you won't ...
    Q. My character used to be premium on JKH, but premium time has run out. Can I move servers?

A. You cannot go to Freedom without buying premium first. If you do nothing, your character will be moved to wild, but you will need to buy premium to log in.

cash grab, olol

Well yes. I'll be stuck on Wild, unable to log in until I get money to resub. At which point I'll still be stuck on Wild cuz you can't go between it and Freedom.

You can't take a boat there? That's weird.

Food on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    thorgot wrote: »
    jothki wrote: »

I know. It's crazy.

And here we are.

Goddamn Rolf.

Sir Carcass on
    edited June 2009
    This fucking game. I log on next to 2 spiders and 2 bears. Dead. So much for my tools.

Sir Carcass on
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Can't even log in. I get some jazz about how the installation directory has changed or something :( .

BlueDestiny on
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I saw a stone at the bottom of a lake, went for it, no chance, drowned, NT spawn, used that one

now I have my steel and flint and that's it

I am ready to be of use to a village :D

Raneados on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Raneados wrote: »
    I saw a stone at the bottom of a lake, went for it, no chance, drowned, NT spawn, used that one

now I have my steel and flint and that's it

I am ready to be of use to a village :D

I know you hate IRC but you should join us so we can direct you to friends.

edit: also,

Sharky001Unt11.jpg

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    also I am not liking these clothes

they are gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

also i'll play tomorrow perhaps

Raneados on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I remember the epic journey to PA's very first camp, one that me and one other guy took together. It must have taken at least an hour, first walking on a very long paved road and ending in us fleeing from (and later, being killed by) giant spiders. I was lucky enough to make it the first time, but the other guy died.

I did not wait for him.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Blue's Log:

Arrived in unknown location. I was accosted by local, but managed to fend off his advances and moved onwards. Attempted to salvage sustenance from land and failed. This land seems incredibly hostile and dangerous, as even the slightest morsel requires life-threatening antics to acquire. After scouting the small village and unsuccessfully trying to "relieve" the locals of forgotten goods, I encountered a vicious beast that had somehow escaped the resident ghost guards' attention. I had to retreat at first, but gathering my wits and weaponry I made quick work of the monster!
    wurm200906292133.png
    The guards can thank me later.

BlueDestiny on
  • VolitorVolitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Been messin' around on this all day, seems pretty intense.

I'd love to get in on the PA Action, I'll join the IRC later and see what's up.

Volitor on
    I own face.
    edited July 2009
    (8:08:56 PM) InfestedGnome (Velxir): i want to breed the cows
    (8:09:30 PM) LastAndroid: those are all males

This is what we are reduced to. The path up the mountain is going well thanks mostly to Mouse and his band of diggers. We have a building and beds and a mine with lots of iron.

But above all, homosexual cows.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited July 2009
    those are the best cows

Sir Carcass on
    edited July 2009
    09:27 *** zanetheingame joined #wurm_pa
    09:27 zanetheingame: I heard there were some nerds in here
    09:28 thorgot: there are nerds in here
    09:29 *** drakhri joined #wurm_pa

Freedom is bringing back old names and bringing in new names.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I like this game but I don't think I have the time necessary to devote to really making anything worthwhile.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shit son you done opened up a big ol' can of worms. And while you're trying to get all those worms back in that can they sneak up behind you and form ONE BIG WORM and that one big worm is me.

zanetheinsane on
    edited July 2009
    I still don't get what's so bad about a can of worms. Fishermen buy them all the time.

A can of bees on the other hand, don't you fucking dare open that shit. D:

PeregrineFalcon on
  • zanetheinsanezanetheinsane Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Clearly you know nothing of worm-like vor-a-city:

(lots of swearing, headphones on at work!)*

Skip to 3:35
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wg3gmFzYgI#t=3m35s

zanetheinsane on
  • InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Enrapture im waiting in samling to take you to our place

my name is Velxir

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Commissar DemosthenesCommissar Demosthenes Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    How do I join the PA Irc channel in game?

Commissar Demosthenes on
    Steam name: Chicago Ted.
    96cce.png
    oh god I am not good at battlefield
    edited July 2009
    How do I join the PA Irc channel in game?

irc irc.slashnet.org 6667

ircsay /join #wurm_pa

That should do it. But the ingame client is pretty bad. If you are running in windowed mode I recommend using an external client or mibbit.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Someone else really should take this thread over because I can't be arsed to keep coming up with title changes if I'm not playing this game anymore.

PeregrineFalcon on
  • JerikTelorianJerikTelorian Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    EDIT: So your location is in the OP, sue me :P

What kind of construction is going on? Maybe need some planks made or something?

JerikTelorian on
    SteamID -- JerikTelorian
    XBL: LiquidSnake2061
    Shade wrote: »
    Anyone notice how some things (mattresses and the copy machines in Highrise) are totally impenetrable? A steel wall, yeah that makes sense, but bullets should obliterate copy machines.

I don't know about you, but I always buy a bullet proof printer. Its a lot more expensive, but I think the advantages are apparent.
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2009
    whoa whoa you can swim underwater now?

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
    edited August 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    whoa whoa you can swim underwater now?

No, you can drown.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • adamateradamater Registered User new member
    edited December 2009
    it is time to join again,and storm the golden valley!

adamater on
    edited December 2009
    Meditation was added a few months ago. Like religion but for normal people.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ZahrkonZahrkon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Rolf has been thinking of getting rid of GV and allowing basics on freedom at some point lately. Freedom is much more awesome than GV will ever be honestly. Thorgot, Jaedlyn, Tamorlane and I are still paers playing this game. He's been trying to fix religion as of late as well.

Zahrkon on
  • BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    How seriously is he considering that? I'd be all for starting a PA group on Freedom if trials are allowed.

Bremen on
  • FoodFood Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    how's mount awesome memorial these days? I might jump back in for winter break.

Food on
  • ZahrkonZahrkon Registered User regular
    edited December 2009
    Food wrote: »

I am currently creating a mine to the top of the mountain. I also hit 70 weapon smithing a couple weeks ago and have imped a bunch of forges to 90 ql there and at ahkenaten. Your bed is still there food so you can come back at anytime man.

Oh man i can't believe i forgot that rolf added a function that allows you to but premium for 10 silver at any token.

Zahrkon on
    edited December 2009
    Food wrote: »

You should do so!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • adamateradamater Registered User new member
    edited December 2009
    If anyone plays on gold valley /tell adrocker
    !1!!!

adamater on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So there was this game that used the wind for everything, and it had similar gameplay to wurm. It was graphically very interesting. Anyone remember what game was that? It wasn't realeased yet last I knew about it.

Satsumomo on
  • BabbleBabble Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Satsumomo wrote: »
    So there was this game that used the wind for everything, and it had similar gameplay to wurm. It was graphically very interesting. Anyone remember what game was that? It wasn't realeased yet last I knew about it.

Love?

It's in beta now I think.

Babble on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So can I get a description of some of the PA buildings in golden valley?

RoyceSraphim on
  • SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Babble wrote: »
    Satsumomo wrote: »

Love?

It's in beta now I think.

Amazing, thanks for that.

Satsumomo on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Well, after dicking around baking clay pots in a fireplace and trying out combat, I finally found the Wangcity and took up a forge laying about. Already completed my first project of getting a firewood barrel right next to the forge. I need to get some female friends on this, they would love it.

RoyceSraphim on