As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I hate redneck neighbors

• Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    He hit me in the head a whole bunch.

It wasn't cool.

but was he hot?
    you're gay, you might be into it

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

It wasn't cool.

He was just trying to get to the delicious candy

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    honey nut cheerioshoney nut cheerios __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2009
    this is my impression of cheerios:

"hey man

stop hitting me in the head"

Yes I talk with line breaks. It's actually quite entertaining.

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I think se++ might be turning me gay.

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »

It wasn't cool.

You have no idea how many times this has happened.

I really ougt to stop telling people about the candy.

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Macro9 wrote: »

It wasn't cool.

You have no idea how many times this has happened.

Perhaps you should reduce the amount of paper mache in your wardrobe.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Seriously though, the guy is still here and I'm scared to death to even sleep at night.

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    uh
    call the cops?
    duh?

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    one time, i was fairly irate and my roommate was giving me some lip, so i warned him, if he opened his mouth one more fuckin' time i was gonna hit him

sure enough he goes on mouthin' off and i suckerpunched him right in the gut while he was taking a drink of water and he started choking on the water

i thought it was fair warning, but apparently it goes under the category "bit of a dick thing to do"

Dead Legend on
    diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It's usually proper form to wait for him to finish his drink before you punch.

KetBra on
    KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    ascotascot Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Seriously though, the guy is still here and I'm scared to death to even sleep at night.

you're pretty interesting

ascot on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    ascot wrote: »

Stop it you'll make me blush.

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    CorpseRT wrote: »
    It's usually proper form to wait for him to finish his drink before you punch.

well you see, that was the satisfying thing about it, it wasn't much of a punch, but he was extremely relaxed and thought he was being a badass by pressing me on this issue, and the whole choking on the water thing made me laugh uproariously, which only flustered him further!

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    one time, i was fairly irate and my roommate was giving me some lip, so i warned him, if he opened his mouth one more fuckin' time i was gonna hit him

sure enough he goes on mouthin' off and i suckerpunched him right in the gut while he was taking a drink of water and he started choking on the water

i thought it was fair warning, but apparently it goes under the category "bit of a dick thing to do"

What was he saying that got on your tits?

Canada_jezus on
  • Options
    SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    DL I would've done the same thing.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    ascot wrote: »

Stop it you'll make me blush.

Have I ever told you that black eye and fat bleeding lip made you look beautiful?

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    neville wrote: »
    I really hate college students.
    Well, ones who have the attitude of "it's summer! It is now time to party every night since we no longer have to get up in the morning for classes!"
    Fuckers.
    I actually do have to sleep at night due to having to go to work in the morning.
    I hate living in an over-priced college town, and therefore having to live near students in order to afford the rent. I stay away from the area of town near the frats, but I can only get so far away.

That's sorta the problem I have with one of my roommates.
    It's lessened now since he now has a job. But for a while it was "HEY LETS SMOKE POT EVERY NIGHT"
    When you have a party for smoking pot 50 days in a row... yeah, that's a sign of a problem, not something to cheer.

It isn't "420 smoke weed every day that it is socially acceptable to do so" though.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I hate it when people hit people.

Dead Legend I am disappointed in you.

honey nut cheerios on
    Uriel3.jpg
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Hitting people is the best form of communication.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I can get a little hitty sometimes

I've never been one of those "hey, guy, let's fight, let's fight" guys and I don't walk around decking my friends

but I can get a little physical when I get riled up

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    edited June 2009

he wanted me to do something and when i wasn't doing it fast enough for him he resorted to insulting me and acting like a dick

but there had to have been something else up my ass for making me hit him. i can't really remember the whole situation, other than lip --> warning ---> more lip ----> gutshot

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I can get a little hitty sometimes

I've never been one of those "hey, guy, let's fight, let's fight" guys and I don't walk around decking my friends

but I can get a little physical when I get riled up

then you get hit by a car
    8-)

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I blame it on the Subaru Outback

I can't be expected to always be all lookin' around me, noticing what's going on

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

he wanted me to do something and when i wasn't doing it fast enough for him he resorted to insulting me and acting like a dick

but there had to have been something else up my ass for making me hit him. i can't really remember the whole situation, other than lip --> warning ---> more lip ----> gutshot

"I'm gay and you should start sucking my dick."
    "Whoa listen dude, I'm not-"
    "What? I can't hear it when people aren't saying what they're supposed to be saying, and right now you're supposed to be saying GLOMPHGLOMPHMFFFSHHSHOMPGLOMPS. Get to it, smacky, while I have a refreshing sip of cool spring water."

KalTorak on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    this is my impression of cheerios:

"hey man

stop hitting me in the head"

the_big_lebowski___jeff_bridges1.jpg

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Our neighbors will have puppies a lot of times. Sounds great but they don't take good care of any of their pets. Never take them to the vet and they just pin the puppies up in an old barn until they can give them to someone. We actually got our first dog as a family from them. It was the only pup to survive the winter outside. They didn't even attempt to keep them safe and healthy.

They also have junk all over their property. They used to keep everything in order but they stopped for some reason. They have an entire car covered in crap. I think it is a C4 Corvette but I can't quite tell do to all the junk covering it. The whole property just looks awful.

On the other hand, the people on the opposite side of our house keep everything pristine. They put down new gravel for their driveway regularly and they actually rake it to keep it level and looking nice. They take such nice care of their kitty too.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009

Sounds like he deserved it :P.

Thinks he has the right to be a dick with words and you think you have the right to be a dick with fists.

Sheep on
  • Options
    vermiculturevermiculture Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I guess this doesn't belong here, as he isn't really a bad roommate, my gay roommate made out with the chick I was chasing after. I said, 'perhaps you are not gay?' To which he replied, 'when I drink enough I turn straight'.

I call shenanigans. any thoughts?

vermiculture on
    steam id: vermiculture
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Sheep wrote: »

Sounds like he deserved it :P.

Thinks he has the right to be a dick with words and you think you have the right to be a dick with fists.

i don't really give a damn what he thought, i've bitched plenty about this roommate (this was the filthy disgusting one that i've pissed and moaned about for so long)

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I guess this doesn't belong here, as he isn't really a bad roommate, my gay roommate made out with the chick I was chasing after. I said, 'perhaps you are not gay?' To which he replied, 'when I drink enough I turn straight'.

I think he's just a hypocrite.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    SirToasty wrote: »

clearly the only option now is to go make out with the guy he's chasing after and say "when i drink enough i turn gay"

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

clearly the only option now is to go make out with the guy he's chasing after and say "when i drink enough i turn gay"
    You should do it.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

You should do it.

no way bro

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

You should do it.

no way bro
    I meant the other guy.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

You should do it.

no way bro
    I meant the other guy.

oh totally

Dead Legend on
  • Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I think I've lucked out plenty with never having gone through that college-roomate thing. Got one now in the house I'm renting, but he's a friend of my gf and keeps to himself and it's all good.

So our house is like the middle one of three, all on one side of the lot with a field on the other (field's probably about 35' by whatever-really-long. So the neighboor that used to live in the house akin to the field thought I was a crack-dealing thief. Before I moved into this house, I house-sat for the family in the last house (family friends), and apparently someone broke into his giant bus-RV thing and he blamed 'the kid in the Jeep', despite having no evidence or slightly good reason whatsoever.

The family the lives there now moved in about a month ago, and have the most annoying dog. He's a Doberman, dumb as shit. But then again, so's the family. The fence between us is just horizontal planks, so he can easily run through. And when he does, the dog just runs all over the field, around our houses, barking his head off, and the dumb bitch of a owner just stands on the other side of the fence saying "Prince, come here. Prince, come here. PRIINNCCEE, come heeerreee ... for 20 minutes before finally getting off her ass, trying to catch dog (failing miserably). Usually the dog runs home on his own accord, but after a few hours, or she grabs his coller, gets a few feet, he gets away, rinse and repeat. And once my gf came out and the dog's in our yard (fenced but gate was open), it growled at her and freaked her out, and when I mentioned this to the dumb bitch-owner-lady-person, she just huffed at me and left.

Dog hasn't been out in a long time, but it barks constantly. And I've gotten a new gate up since. But if this chain of events starts up again, I'm just gonna call animal control on their ass.

Also, the neighbors on the other side though it was great fun to let their dogs out at 7:00 in the morning, and tell them to 'go get 'em!', to which they run to the far far side of their property, which is only 10' from my window, and bark and bark. I've combated this with using an air horn (neighbors behind me already working by then, front house was empty). So far, so good. Also hosed them when they crossed the stream that goes along the property line once.

I feel so defiant. And I love dogs, but hate the fuckers who can't control them.

MetroidZoid on
    9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Most of the people on our road that have dogs let them roam around as they please. There aren't leash laws in my area so we can do that. Luckily none of them are really out of control. Occasionally we see a dog or two wandering our property but it's no big deal. I would hate to be in your position Zoid.

On another note, some people down another street less than a mile from us got a Pekingese and a Shar Pei. The Pekingese looked older but the Shar Pei was a puppy. That Shar Pei was the cutest dog ever, second only to Monty. For some reason they let these two expensive and rare dogs wander around like everyone else. Now, to understand this completely, everyone else has mutts, more common breeds or older dogs. Dogs that no one wants enough to take. But these two were quite a bit more desirable. A month and a half or so go by and the dogs disappear. Probably stolen. You rarely see dogs hit by cars around here so I doubt that could have happened. I really liked that Shar Pei. Such a friendly little guy.
    I didn't do it.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's really sad. When my dog was young she would make a break for it every once and a while - especially right after we moved to a different state - but she was never big on the "chase me" game. As soon as we found her she'd come trotting up, all proud of herself, like, "Oh, wasn't I supposed to go scout the terrain for you?" Now, she was too big and not-cute (50 pound husky-shepherd mutt) to be appealing to dognappers, but as far as I know, my neighborhood never had any instances of anyone's dogs being stolen. I would be devastated if that happened to me.

On the other hand, my friend's outdoor cat was "found" by some local meth heads when we were in college, and they called her and demanded a ransom if she wanted him back. That was fun.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    My chocolate lab puppy that we sadly had to give up would have made anyone trying to take him think twice. At 8 months he wasn't all that big in terms of size but he weighed close to 70 lbs and was pure muscle. In addition to that, he was very mouthy and absolutely nuts.

SirToasty on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I lived in the dorms for my freshman year. My room mate for this time was a very loud, very buff frat guy.
    From the time he got done with classes on Friday to the time classes would begin on Monday he would be in a constant state of inebriation.

It does not help that during his drunken states he would get:
    1) Really horny
    2) Really emotional
    3) Really violent

typical fair really. I would get a phone call from him saying that he would be back to the room in about twenty minutes with a girl, and if it would be cool if I was gone by then. Not wanting to get in the way of a man getting his bone on, I would pack up my laptop and find somewhere to chill for an hour.

It all starts to get out of hand when he develops a thing for a girl living in the same dormitory wing as we were. Their relationship was pretty much two attention whores just feeding off each other but every time he would try and make a serious move she would turn into a massive cock tease and drama would ensue.

One night he comes back reaaaaalllly drunk and he's just screaming her name so loud that I heard him coming from a couple blocks away. When he gets back to the room he tells me "I'm gonna find that fucking bitch and I'm going to set her straight. Where the fuck is she? WHERE THE FUCK IS SHE?!"

Then bolts from the room.

Now, I know where she is, so I text her and tell her that it'd probably be an unwise idea to come back to the dorm rooms. She being the stupid bitch that she was, text messages my room mate and starts taunting him.

He almost breaks the door coming back into the room and slams me up against the wall, screaming, "YOU TOLD HER DIDN'T YOU. YOU FUCKING TOLD HER I WAS GONNA FIND HER. YOU ARE A FUCKING DEAD MAN."

I look him dead in the eyes and told him that it wasn't me. That he could be heard all over the wing and somebody else must have warned the girl. For some reason this takes all the wind out of his sails, and he just kinda slumps up against the wall.

"F'real dawg?"
    "Dawg, you know I don't get involved in your drama"
    "I know man, you cool man, fuckin' love you man."

And with that he walks out the door and I don't see him for two days until he comes back completely sober, completely unable to recall the past three days of his life.

Aside from his alcoholic rages he was a pretty cool cat. His frat mates were also really easy to hustle at Halo and Guitar Hero so I made some money off of them when they would stop in to hang out in the room. And at the end of the semester he gave me an "honorary black guy card"

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112