As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Pirate Bay, Online Apps and DRM

• Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know who's a pretty decent band also? The D4. Oh hey, they were in burnout 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw9bOdUzAhw

L|ama on
  • Options
    the wookthe wook Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Wow, I just looked up my hosting

I have almost 10 terabytes of bandwidth

of that I use maybe 100 gigs a month, and the majority of that is from wook's file hosting (he somehow uses about 3 gigs a day, I don't know what's up with that)

what the hell?

i haven't used that site in over a year. i thought you'd said that you were going to trash it.

edit - i don't even know the password to get on there and change anything anymore.

the wook on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    the wook wrote: »

of that I use maybe 100 gigs a month, and the majority of that is from wook's file hosting (he somehow uses about 3 gigs a day, I don't know what's up with that)

what the hell?

i haven't used that site in over a year. i thought you'd said that you were going to trash it.

edit - i don't even know the password to get on there and change anything anymore.

Firebell-Alarm-Clock_440x440.gif

Antimatter on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Swordfights you have pretty awful taste in music. This is mostly based on liking taking back sunday, but I'll pretend it's more than that.

To be fair, swordfights is 15. I listened to some of those bands when I was 15. 15 year olds have an obligation to society to have shitty taste in music.

wiggin doesnt really have an excuse

I just really can't listen to music that is so fucking whiny anymore.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey hey whoa whoa

Don't be lumping me in with him since I think we listen to 2 of the same bands, total

Also because there are obviously a few other people who share some of my tastes!

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

what the hell?

Mori can you please tell us the most popular file downloaded from wook's account?

Blake T on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    Swordfights you have pretty awful taste in music. This is mostly based on liking taking back sunday, but I'll pretend it's more than that.

To be fair, swordfights is 15. I listened to some of those bands when I was 15. 15 year olds have an obligation to society to have shitty taste in music.

Now hold on just a damn minute that is just a part of what I listen to.

My musical tastes are incredibly broad, I just bought the TBS songs for Rock Band which is why I brought them up.

If you think that's all I listen to, Sufjan, Tom Waits, Phoenix, The Mountain Goats, And Architecture in Helsinki would like to have a few words with you.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    MonoxideMonoxide Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    I didn't want to say it in the other thread swordfights but the Airborne Toxic Event kinda sucks

I know you like some good stuff though so it's okay

Monoxide on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I only like the song in my title and location, it's cool if you think they suck, I think the rest of their stuff sucks too!

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fuck me I just bought an album for $20 yesterday and I could have gotten it on the russion site for a fucking dollar

it has everything!

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

My musical tastes are incredibly broad, I just bought the TBS songs for Rock Band which is why I brought them up.

If you think that's all I listen to, Sufjan, Tom Waits, Phoenix, The Mountain Goats, And Architecture in Helsinki would like to have a few words with you.

Yes those are very good bands and I enjoy them. Just saying you also enjoy some terrible music, but so do most people so whatevs. I mean I liked both good and bad bands when I was 15 but mostly bad.

Also wiggin I was mostly kidding there. I do think ska is good times (sometimes). Just we differ on some bands I can't think of right now and you just get so excited talking about how rockin various shows you go to are that uh... i dunno. was joshin

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    Dublo7Dublo7 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    crazy, stupid cheap, fully licensed and legal Russian-hosted music website

pretty much everything is between 8 and 15 cents per track
    Is this shit really licensed? It looks dubious to me.

I don't buy music online. I prefer to have the physical copy, then I rip it in FLAC.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Yes those are very good bands and I enjoy them. Just saying you also enjoy some terrible music, but so do most people so whatevs. I mean I liked both good and bad bands when I was 15 but mostly bad.

Also wiggin I was mostly kidding there. I do think ska is good times (sometimes). Just we differ on some bands I can't think of right now and you just get so excited talking about how rockin various shows you go to are that uh... i dunno. was joshin

It's coo'

I really just get excited about shows because at this point I know most of the bands that play them. Like, I've hung out with them after the shows and shot the shit and helped them find a place to crash for the night and such

Me Too! on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

what the hell?

I trashed the forums, not the site. The site is still hell of useful for uploading stuff.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    it is a silly thing to argue about your taste in music

or to talk about it all the time (wiggin)

Projeck on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Except I really don't anymore outside of the rare music thread?

Me Too! on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    okay

Projeck on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009
    man im so angry i cant find my y100 sonic sessions disks

need me some 90s alternative music

Unknown User on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

That doesn't mean it's not shitty, or that they shouldn't be informed of the fact.

Fuck me I just bought an album for $20 yesterday and I could have gotten it on the russion site for a fucking dollar

it has everything!

Except that purchase gave money to the artist, that russian site doesn't. Personally I don't see the point in buying music from there.

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

That doesn't mean it's not shitty, or that they shouldn't be informed of the fact.

it has everything!

Except that purchase gave money to the artists, that russian site doesn't. Personally I don't see the point in buying music from there.

It looks like you're paying for pirated music from that Russian website. I'd steer clear of that shit.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Once again

It's legal

It's not moral, or ethical, but it's legal

Let's hear it for the gray spaces

Me Too! on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Me Too! wrote: »
    Once again

It's legal

Wikipedia is telling me that it bleeds you for money by having minimum transaction amounts of $20 each time. So while you can get cheap music, you have to get a lot of it in bulk.

Edit: Seems they changed it to $30.

The_Scarab on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Once again

It's legal

Ehh. I like to support the artists I listen to. I know they get such a small amount from CD sales, but it's better than nothing.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I like to support artists especially given that most of the bands I listen to are on little tiny buttfuck labels, but I'm just too goddamn poor most of the time

I always try to buy something at a local show though, because that's cash money that's helping a band buy dinner tonight

Me Too! on
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    you know what is the best

having an RSS feed plugged into my torrent client with filters so that i get my top gear episodes as soon as they come online

that is the best

Faricazy on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    anyone pointed out that the pirate bay doesn't seem to be down at all

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Because it's not going down just yet

We've covered this

Me Too! on
  • Options
    bentbent Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i'll be damned if I'm reading this whole thread

damned

bent on
    sig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's pretty much in the first thing about it that it happens this summer

And then it's just being taken over

Not completely taken down

Me Too! on
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    eh it isn't a big deal

the pirate bay wasn't that great

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I respectfully disagree.

Dublo7 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    LockoutLockout I am still searching Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i respect your disagreement

Lockout on
    f24GSaF.jpg
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Oh my gosh, this is fantastic. I fucking love acapella versions of random songs, especially when they're really well done like this.

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Lockout wrote: »
    eh it isn't a big deal

It was great if you wanted a lot of trojans.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009
    i could use a new box of condoms

Unknown User on
  • Options
    ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    They're really expensive.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    Weaver wrote: »
    oh shit Tom Cruise is at my door

relax, it's tom cruise

not his character from minority report

he's just here to try to coerce you into joining the church of scientology

I actually like Tom Cruise. He's a good actor, I don't give a shit what he does in his free time.

Except for I'd punch his face in for a shot at Katie.

Weaver on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm on a private tracker that has about a three year backlog for invites and my fiber optic connection doesn't meet the seeding requirements which sucks because I really wanted to seed this tutorial video that I did for DOW2.

Weaver on
  • Options
    doublehawk00doublehawk00 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so this a thread where we can shit on each others musical tastes and watch people get their wrists slapped for talking about torrents

yessss

doublehawk00 on
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ShimSham wrote: »
    Lockout wrote: »
    eh it isn't a big deal

It was great if you wanted a lot of trojans.

If you're torrenting without any kind of virus protection you're asking for it so that's a non-issue.

The_Scarab on