As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bongeons and Boneons and boners

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Kazhiim wrote: »
    oh oh rank you could have some dick of a wizard open a portal to a mirror universe in their dungeon

and the mirror universe

is just a big mirror held up to the model
    uh no

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Are there any insectoid playable races yet in 4e?

Because I kinda want to have a tyranid styled character

Possibly a shaman who has spore mine spirit companions

Or, I dunno, a lictor styled rogue or a ranger with some sort of nasty motherfucker of an "animal" companion
    Thri-Kreen got namedropped in the Eberron Player's guide, but that's about it so far.

Damn

Thri-Kreen would work beautifully too

Any bets they'll be in for PH3? With all the psionics going about?

Maybe

But that's a ways off. I may just end up custom building a bioforged race off of the warforged with distinct insect resemblances

Straightzi on
  • KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    yeah I've had better ideas

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    Fallout wrote: »
    one of these days i'm just going to break down and move to seattle

don't you ever fucking say that again

DO YOU HEAR ME

i'm sorry! it was a moment of weakness

nuke seattle!

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pretty soon everyone on the forum will have moved to Seattle

and then someone will have to move to a smaller section of Seattle to talk about how great it is

Moriveth on
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Pretty soon everyone on the forum will have moved to Seattle

and then someone will have to move to a smaller section of Seattle to talk about how great it is
    WESTSIDE%20EMBLEM%204.jpg

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    throw ya wu's up in tha air

WU-TANG KILLA BEES

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Seattle isn't that terrible of a fate. There's wine, women, and song over there. I'll be okay.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I like Seattle

but honestly

California for life

Moriveth on
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Seattle isn't that terrible of a fate. There's wine, women, and song over there. I'll be okay.

Are you trying to make me high five you with this post or not?

Straightzi on
    edited July 2009

WU-TANG KILLA BEES
    WESS-SIYYYIIIIIIIDE

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think a cool thing to do with that would be to have some kind of burrowing/digging/mining race invade through the walls.

They keep coming in and the players have to keep fighting them off (as in, they keep coming through the hole) until they patch up the wall, which they do by taking a standard action near the wall like five times or something. Naturally, the invading forces would do everything in their power to make sure that doesn't happen. It would play off the "defending the same area" thing, while taking the players a little out of their comfort zone by changing the usual direction of attack.

Of course I've never played a tabletop game so I probably just look like a big dumb guy right now.

Charles Kinbote on
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Straightzi, you have been added to the list. The list of people I will party with at some point in the near future.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited July 2009
    Or just, y'know, wait a couple levels and then throw a bulette in there

Bulettes are wicked fun in fourth

Straightzi on
    edited July 2009
    I think a cool thing to do with that would be to have some kind of burrowing/digging/mining race invade through the walls.

They keep coming in and the players have to keep fighting them off (as in, they keep coming through the hole) until they patch up the wall, which they do by taking a standard action near the wall like five times or something. Naturally, the invading forces would do everything in their power to make sure that doesn't happen. It would play off the "defending the same area" thing, while taking the players a little out of their comfort zone by changing the usual direction of attack.

Of course I've never played a tabletop game so I probably just look like a big dumb guy right now.

Dwarves.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Super dumb

crazy dumb

A CASTER'S WORST NIGHTMARE

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
    edited July 2009

Straightzi, you have been added to the list. The list of people I will party with at some point in the near future.

Sounds good to me. You seem to be a respectable sort of gentleman yourself.

Straightzi on
    edited July 2009

Sounds good to me. You seem to be a respectable sort of gentleman yourself.

This is one of the better compliments I have received. Thank you!

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, dwarves is what I was thinking.

Or marauding duergar, or maybe a powerful Gnome Wizard who is channeling the spell that keeps the hole open, so you have to interrupt his spell.

you could really go a lot of directions with it

Charles Kinbote on
  • DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So, have any of the various supplemental materials for 4e had a magic carpet in them yet?

My pygmy needs a astral surfboard.

DE?AD on
    edited July 2009
    Someday I'll run an adventure with all of the absurd D&D monsters in it

Flumphs, Froghemoths, those weird vampire heads (vargouielles?)

Moriveth on
    edited July 2009
    Seriously, bulette. Or bulettes, I guess, but they're kinda a bitch on their own as is. Although they'll need a couple levels before they can take one.

There's also the magnificent option of just having a bulette chilling in the area while marauding adventuring parties are coming on through, and having it attacking everyone in the area, as well as wrecking anything vaguely stone.

Straightzi on
    edited July 2009

and myconids myconids myconids

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
    edited July 2009

It'll be a god damned myconid fire sale, I tell you what

Also, they're vargouilles. Vampire heads with wings for ears.

Moriveth on
    edited July 2009
    Ugh. Vargoulles were nasty in 3e. If you got killed by one, your character's head would come off and become a vargoulle.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited July 2009
    It always annoyed me in 3.5 that Vargouilles had no level adjustment.

See Also: Those little tiny mini-Beholders from the Forgotten Realms books.

DE?AD on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

fuck I hate these things. Too many unpleasant memories from Planescape Torment.

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited July 2009
    Oh yeah, Neogi too. And those spacefaring hippos from Spelljammer, what were they called, the Griff or something?

Moriveth on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    oh you wanted to loot this chest? this chest right here? well how about 8 million vargouilles up you ass

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
    edited July 2009
    Wait fuck why aren't there myconids written into Dungeons and Dwarves yet

I may add them

Blame Rank guys

Straightzi on
    edited July 2009

Speaking of people who don't die- that's one thing I LOVE about 4e.

Epic paths that make it impossible for somebody to stay dead.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

edited July 2009
    I was one letter off - I was thinking of the Giff.

Moriveth on
    edited July 2009

Speaking of people who don't die- that's one thing I LOVE about 4e.

Epic paths that make it impossible for somebody to stay dead.

This is cool in a way

But I like making new characters

A lot

That's why I tend to play in online games a lot too, even if they're doomed to fail, because I have just as much fun coming up with super rad characters as I do with actually playing a character consistently. My marker in my current game of D&D for the initiative board is just Greg 8.0 because they haven't even been learning the names of my characters half the time.

Not that I have a deathwish or anything, it's just a series of unfortunate circumstances. Also generally if I'm joining an existing party I play nicer and more virtuous characters, who also tend to be pretty willing to, well, martyr it up.

Straightzi on
    edited July 2009
    That's the thing.

My best characters are the ones I spend a lot of time developing. Plus, immortality is a concept that fascinates me.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DE?AD wrote: »
    So, have any of the various supplemental materials for 4e had a magic carpet in them yet?

My pygmy needs a astral surfboard.

I think it put in an appearance in the Adventurers Vault, but was kinda mundane. Check with the Compendium, I guess.

Fishman on
    X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Grell and Tsochari are pretty damn rad monsters. I really loved Lords of Madness, it was such a good book. Libris Mortis wasn't half bad either, I should pick both of them up from my parent's house next time I visit.

Marshmallow on
    edited July 2009
    That's the thing.

My best characters are the ones I spend a lot of time developing. Plus, immortality is a concept that fascinates me.

Personally I'd love to be immortal

And for some of my characters, it is a desirable thing

For a good deal of them though, nah, not so much. I've had characters refuse resurrection even.

Straightzi on
    edited July 2009

WU-TANG KILLA BEES
    WESS-SIYYYIIIIIIIDE

wu_tang_clan_16_wenn1504967.jpg

WU TANG

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
    edited July 2009
    gotta finish my sheet eventually

looking for a new job at present

it seems i just got fired

Calamity Jane on
    edited July 2009
    Okay, so it turns out there's actually a magic caret in the Player's Handbook. However, it is 11 levels higher than the Ebony Fly from Adventurer's Vault, and yet it is inferior in every way.

Hmmmm.

DE?AD on
This discussion has been closed.