As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pyramid Schemes: The More People You Recruit, The More Money You Make!!

13»

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Melding wrote: »
    If someone disagrees with you on the internet it is a matter of honour that you call their family jizz guzzling cumsluts that supported hitler.

But Germany was in a depression! They had to make money somehow!

Charging money for their services would have been a start however (your family) didn't, and they hated puppies. GRR YOU ARE SO WRONG ABOUT (Item we are discussing)!!!!!11!!!1!

See like, i could write a book.

"How Not To Act in Public: A Melding Experience"

Melding on
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    My freshman year I received a letter telling me that a professor of mine had recommended me for a job interview. Since I in fact was basically fresh off of the turnip truck and curious which professor of mine would have recommended a mousy little thing like me for anything I showed up, and discovered that I would be selling textbooks directly to households in the upper midwest.

After much soul-searching I ended up turning it down. The guy in charge let me know I had let both him and the team down.

Seriously on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    -smash wrote: »
    Oh god. I had a Primerica interview in college. One of my otherwise quite brilliant friends bought their bullshit completely and I think he gave them my name. In retrospect, I should never have gone to an interview before I knew the name of the company, but in my defense I was poor.

Giving the wrong answers to every one of his leading questions was kind of fun, though.

I was so desperate for an internship after sophomore year I took a Primerica job and suggested it to 2 of my friends. Looking back, I'm embarrassed for not only doing that shit, but putting it on my resume.

Interesting fact, after I told those guys to go fuck themselves, I got a call from them 3 months later trying to recruit me. I guess their records suck as much as their business.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jordyn wrote: »
    wait what the fuck is in this "juice?"

I WANT GRAPE DRANK

WATER, SUGAR, PURPLE

Butler on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh god we had a neighbor who kept trying to sell us that Xango shit. I felt kind of bad for them really, they were obviously hurting for money and were desperate.

Didn't feel bad enough to pay $40 for juice though.

Ganluan on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I ran a pyramid scheme in grade school.

I sold sheets of stickers for one dollar.

They cost me fifteen cents a piece. I in turn sold them to my "team mates" for 50 cents. So they could sell them for a dollar.

For a 7 year old, I was like a Mecha-Jew-Pimp

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Seriously wrote: »
    My freshman year I received a letter telling me that a professor of mine had recommended me for a job interview. Since I in fact was basically fresh off of the turnip truck and curious which professor of mine would have recommended a mousy little thing like me for anything I showed up, and discovered that I would be selling textbooks directly to households in the upper midwest.

After much soul-searching I ended up turning it down. The guy in charge let me know I had let both him and the team down.

But you might have been seduced by an older woman on your door to door adventures.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Stale wrote: »
    I ran a pyramid scheme in grade school.

I sold sheets of stickers for one dollar.

They cost me fifteen cents a piece. I in turn sold them to my "team mates" for 50 cents. So they could sell them for a dollar.

For a 7 year old, I was like a Mecha-Jew-Pimp

that is awesome

like a little Bernie Madoff

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    cadmunkycadmunky One hand on the bottle, The other a shaking fist.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i had a co-worker about 6 years ago talk me into going to a "conference" about wholesale distributing. i gave it about 20 minutes, including the time it took me to get a plate of roast beef and fixins and a plastic cup of wine. he described this service that installed a fridge in your house with a door to the outside that a delivery guy would load with groceries you ordered online. i was like "fuck yeah, that's gonna be big time".

name of the outfit was quixstar or somesuch. i told my friend i had never heard of them, how long had they been in development. he said a long time but they used to be known as amway.

last thing i said, "i'm goin for a cup of coffee".

cadmunky on
    5955603848_aed2690084.jpg
    "Think of it as Evolution in Action"
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what my house needs is a fridge that services the entire neighborhood

Charles Kinbote on
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    cadmunky wrote: »
    i had a co-worker about 6 years ago talk me into going to a "conference" about wholesale distributing. i gave it about 20 minutes, including the time it took me to get a plate of roast beef and fixins and a plastic cup of wine. he described this service that installed a fridge in your house with a door to the outside that a delivery guy would load with groceries you ordered online. i was like "fuck yeah, that's gonna be big time".

name of the outfit was quixstar or somesuch. i told my friend i had never heard of them, how long had they been in development. he said a long time but they used to be known as amway.

last thing i said, "i'm goin for a cup of coffee".

Well I sure would like to open my fridge one day and see a hobo just standing there, helping himself from the other side.

Butler on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    my dad used to do amway. my mother used to to herbalife and had made fun of him for doing amway.

luckily I see the problem inherent in working for somebody for yourself employing people working for themselves

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    20041015h.jpg

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    First, he stabbed him 150 times, and then he left his axe in him.

artifexite on