As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New Pixar movie out: Up

1202122232426»

• TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    It says "Dug" in the credits.

Tertiee on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tertiee wrote: »
    It says "Dug" in the credits.

mynameisdug.jpg

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • SQUIRREL!SQUIRREL! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Dug was the most realistic dog character ever. The way he wouldn't always look at people when he was talking to them, it was just so perfect. And the eyebrow thing. Love the eyebrow thing.

SQUIRREL! on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SQUIRREL! wrote: »
    Dug was the most realistic dog character ever. The way he wouldn't always look at people when he was talking to them, it was just so perfect. And the eyebrow thing. Love the eyebrow thing.
    Point!

Fencingsax on
  • SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ^^^Oh man, I have to have that kids story book. Everything Dug did/said was pure joy to me.

SaraLuna on
  • FaynorFaynor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was hiding under your porch because I love you.

Faynor on
    do you wanna see me eat a hotdog
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I'm going to have count myself in the myriad people who must have said this, but it is so true in my case, but Dug WAS my brother's dog Kirby. I mean, it was just so note perfect to his personality, the only difference was Dug was Golden Retriever and Kirby is a Golden Labrador of freakish size and athleticism.

His dopey, dense lovableness was just exactly like that dog, it was amazing, but that is just a testament to Pixar's ability to Get It Right. They just do.

DHS on
    "Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I thought the movie was OK. Definitely not my favorite Pixar film, but I still enjoyed it. Maybe I didn't enjoy it as much as the others since they used real people in this one as opposed to a rat, robot, monster, or toy.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    As far as Dug goes, we've only ever had labs and lab mixes, and almost no experience with golden retrievers (Long hair, ugh) and they have a distinctly different behavior pattern, so the whole Dug experience must have just gone over my head.

Incenjucar on
  • UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Muntz already knew the bird had babies. Otherwise how would Dug have known?

I assumed in that kid movie sort of way that Dug could understand other animals. Of course this would mean Muntz would also know since his dogs would tell him what the cries meant.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    All of the plot analysis aside, I think this is my favorite Pixar movie for one reason alone: it made me feel like a kid again. There aren't many new movies (by new I mean movies I didn't grow up with) that can do that.

joshofalltrades on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yar wrote: »
    Actually, either phrase is ok.

"I could care less" is saying, "It's conceivable that I could care less about something than I do about this, but I don't think I've actually ever cared less about anything."

When someone says I really could care less, that makes it a little less sensical, though.
    "I could care less" also comes from Yiddish. Or maybe comes from Yiddish. It is at least similar to many Yiddish sayings.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png