As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I hate redneck neighbors

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wasn't there another one too, Rank?

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Need more stories.

Sheep on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i used to live 3 feet away from a crackhouse

a couple of years ago 4 kids were shot and the next day these guys were loading guns into the back of a cadillac

it was an upstairs and downstairs apartment, you had to go through a hallway of the downstairs to get to the upstairs

well they sold and lived out of the upstairs and kept 3 big ass roided out pit bulls downstairs

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You live in West Virginia.

At any given moment, you're 3 feet from a meth lab.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The doctor has a point.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DrZiplock wrote: »

no that's florida chief

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »

no that's florida chief

i thought that was sacramento?

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    there are so many methheads here it is ridiculous

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

actually in Huntington there isnt a meth problem

all the crack dealers police it themselves and keep it out of the city because they know it would take all their business

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It appears that each region of the country has a manufacturing center of its very own.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i need to merge them all together and be a Meth baron

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

no that's florida chief

Butte County

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    hehehe

Butt County

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Methopoly

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

no that's florida chief

Close! You are thinking of south Georgia.

Seriously on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Butters wrote: »

Methopoly

DO NOT PASS GO

DO NOT SLEEP FOR 3 DAYS

CrackedLens on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hehehe

Butt County

I went to college in Chico, in Butte County.

Fun fact: on several signs indicating your entrance into Butte County, someone painted over the "e." They were all done in the exact same color of spray paint, indicating that they were all done by the same guy(s). They were on some kind of crusade.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Methopoly

DO NOT PASS GO

DO NOT SLEEP FOR 3 DAYS

DO NOT HAVE TEETH

DO NOT HAVE THE CAPACITY TO WORK A STEADY JOB

Hunter on
  • Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Methopoly

"Why don't I own THIS METH?!"

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    DefaultuserDefaultuser Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    Good thing the Northeast has enough well established drug syndicates dealing in other things and a high enough median income that other drugs are favored.

Defaultuser on
  • Options
    ackack Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    bergy 4 mod

ack on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ah cocaine

so bad

yet so bad

no that's florida chief

it's almost any city in the united states

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bergy for Bogey

Seriously on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    Wasn't there another one too, Rank?
    a couple, actually

another time, in class now

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    skinny87skinny87 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    First year at uni was okay. Dorms, Halo, two corridors full of friends.

Second year...no so much. To sum up: myself and two friends look for house. One spends rent money on 360 day of launch. And then there were two.

We merry band of brothers find a house after desperate searching, individual rooms in a house. Three other occupants, although only two paid. One was effiminate french guy whop never paid bills, the other a Serbian with a Sicilian girlfriend he beat constantly. Very uncomfortable, yet she never had any (visible bruises) and could never persuade her to call the police.

Fast forward: fuckwad boyfriend continues beatings, hear her sobbing at night. After he copies key and gives it to random homless people, I decide to flee (not leave, just flee after clearing my stuff out) to my girlffriends place, pay extra rent to share her room. Money go down very quickly. Yet despite awkward situation there (living with her ex-bf, whole 'nother story) far better than the house. Go back at intervals to pay bills. Find stoner friend still living there, but is close to failing as is constantly stoned, can't keep deadlines (7 essays to do in 7 days).

End of the year: return to find house a mess, garden looking like the amazon, half-expect to find 19th Century exploring party come through the grass and proclaim the house for the Empire. Serbian is gone, as is girlfriend; am informed by Frenchman that she left months ago, skipping the bills remaining, and he is now wanted by the police for attempted murder.

Sigh, start to clean up with parentsa help. Frenchman runs off without paying bills, fortunately we only pay for our own rooms and communcal areas, so landlord pursues him with about £500 bill. Knock on door on second cleaning day. Appears to be sicilian girl's father. Demands to know where Serbian is. When informed that his location is unknown, informs us that if he is found he will be killed. Wave goodbye, fairly sure he isn't joking.

Thank god I'm clear of that place.

skinny87 on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man

The only roommate I've ever had was awesome. I mean, I think the worst thing that happened was the day I moved in, she had a cross hanging by her desk and later asked if I wanted to go to church with her on Sunday. I politely declined. By the end of the first semester, she hardly went to church either.

We had the same taste in music, for the most part, and both liked to watch old Warner Bros. cartoons over lunch time. She let me use her computer that first year, until I had my own the next year.

The only bad thing was that boyfriend she had for a while, Kent. God what a moron. If you ever said a joke or something around, he would explain why the joke was funny. Something Ben and I later referred to as "Kenting a joke."

After that I moved in with Ben, and haven't had a roommate since.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sicillian vs Serbian D:

it's fair to assume that confrontation will leave at least one corpse.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So we continued moving things in yesterday, and for the second day in a row this one particular car was parked all fucked up and crooked right in front of our building. They don't have a parking decal so I'm assuming they don't actually live there. Left them one of these babies this morning, since I have no idea who's car it is.

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Way to be a passive agressive ninny SH.

What are you even trying to accomplish by that? Said individual is most likely fully aware of the way they park and choose not to give a fuck.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    bwanie wrote: »
    Sicillian vs Serbian D:

it's fair to assume that confrontation will leave at least one corpse.

After pondering, I don't think the father would have it all his own way if he found the guy. I mean, this is aan alleged student who stabbed someone with a broken bottle outside a pub over an argument of some kind, and beat his alleged girlfriend.

skinny87 on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

What are you even trying to accomplish by that? Said individual is most likely fully aware of the way they park and choose not to give a fuck.
    what's he gonna do, wait in the bushes with a hammer for the driver to come back?

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Our neighbors next door are a longstanding family of gangsters. Whenever they organize parties, the cops show up and on a couple of occasions, a helicopter has been called in to circle above their house, to make sure nothing happened. I remember one man explaining the whole kerfluffle to me the last time (a funeral wake, I will mention), "Well, we are the ____ gang, and everyone that isn't in prison is here, that's why there are so many cops."

The most memorable there was known simply by the title of Don Menyo. I can only think of one other person who has lived in our town/city as long as he; in his youth only the main street was paved, and people still grew their own food and took water from the river (the LA river ran free at the time). I never really talked to him, when I knew him he was elderly and sickly, and he enjoyed solitude. I wish I could have befriended him, my mother knew him better and from what she has said, he was a real cool cat in his prime. A hoodlum in his time, he made a game of riling up the police and starting chases. He began the chase in what were more developed areas, with paved streets. He would lead them over to our neighborhood and drive off the paved streets and build up a cloud of dust, which he would use as a cover to get away.

He died two Christmases ago.

That said, they have never actually given us problems.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Like i said, at least one corpse, and my money is on a sicillia corpse as well.
    We have a lot of serbians in holland. Most of them sporting a rightious thousand yard-stare.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Mysst wrote: »

what's he gonna do, wait in the bushes with a hammer for the driver to come back?

I dunno?

It just seems so counterproductive. Most assholes actually get all riled up when you call them on their bullshit antics. So unless SH wants get engaged in some fisticuffs he'd leave well enough alone.

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    SlagmireSlagmire Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    skinny87 wrote: »

Second year...no so much. To sum up: myself and two friends look for house. One spends rent money on 360 day of launch. And then there were two.

We merry band of brothers find a house after desperate searching, individual rooms in a house. Three other occupants, although only two paid. One was effiminate french guy whop never paid bills, the other a Serbian with a Sicilian girlfriend he beat constantly. Very uncomfortable, yet she never had any (visible bruises) and could never persuade her to call the police.

Fast forward: fuckwad boyfriend continues beatings, hear her sobbing at night. After he copies key and gives it to random homless people, I decide to flee (not leave, just flee after clearing my stuff out) to my girlffriends place, pay extra rent to share her room. Money go down very quickly. Yet despite awkward situation there (living with her ex-bf, whole 'nother story) far better than the house. Go back at intervals to pay bills. Find stoner friend still living there, but is close to failing as is constantly stoned, can't keep deadlines (7 essays to do in 7 days).

End of the year: return to find house a mess, garden looking like the amazon, half-expect to find 19th Century exploring party come through the grass and proclaim the house for the Empire. Serbian is gone, as is girlfriend; am informed by Frenchman that she left months ago, skipping the bills remaining, and he is now wanted by the police for attempted murder.

Sigh, start to clean up with parentsa help. Frenchman runs off without paying bills, fortunately we only pay for our own rooms and communcal areas, so landlord pursues him with about £500 bill. Knock on door on second cleaning day. Appears to be sicilian girl's father. Demands to know where Serbian is. When informed that his location is unknown, informs us that if he is found he will be killed. Wave goodbye, fairly sure he isn't joking.

That sounds like it could have been quite a sit-com.

Slagmire on
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was gonna say that!

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mysst wrote: »

I dunno?

It just seems so counterproductive. Most assholes actually get all riled up when you call them on their bullshit antics. So unless SH wants get engaged in some fisticuffs he'd leave well enough alone.
    if the guy assaults him then he can get him arrested and his car towed from inactivity because the guy is in jail.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Slagmire wrote: »
    skinny87 wrote: »

That sounds like it could have been quite a sit-com.

There were points where I expected canned laughter, I have to admit. Usually involving my stoner friend and his attempts to do his essays/complete a game/wake up prior to 2pm.

skinny87 on
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    So we continued moving things in yesterday, and for the second day in a row this one particular car was parked all fucked up and crooked right in front of our building. They don't have a parking decal so I'm assuming they don't actually live there. Left them one of these babies this morning, since I have no idea who's car it is.

Man, those street parking ones are kind of asshole-ish. Oh you're not close enough to the car in front of you? Maybe I'm not very good at parallel parking. Maybe there was a scooter or a motorcycle parked there that left. Maybe it was a tiny little smart car. You don't fuckin' know.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    Charles KinboteCharles Kinbote Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    my first roommate was a tall, skinny dude who looked like Johnny Depp, played the sitar and the guitar amazingly, sang like Tom Waits mixed with Devendra Banhart and pinned leaves and branches to our walls

he would also always turn off all the lights in our room. he also pseudo-cross-dressed a lot - he wore a green 1920's flapper hat all the time, had a woman's peacoat and his wardrobe was basically a mix between a folky hipster and The Dude.

one time I was playing TF2 and I noticed he was opening and shutting his trunk a lot. I muted the game's sound (headphooones) and listened, and I realized he was recording a song by slamming his trunk, dragging shit across the top, and basically using improvised percussion.

at first I was all "wut" and after a little while moved out, but he's a really cool dude and I am kinda bummed I didn't get to know him better because he is an otherwordly individual

Charles Kinbote on