As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Month End Moments of the Week 06/24/09

1235»

• Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hensler wrote: »
    I liked Kaine from the Clone Saga, at least when he was true to what he'd been created as: Spider-Man with his powers amped up ten fold. Super spider sense let him see the future, super wall crawling let him pull down entire buildings, etc.

I wasn't aware spiders could see the future until I started reading comic books.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, Pete's Spidey sense is basically seeing the future - just in fractions of a second, usually. Or at least that's how I've always understood it. Which is why he's so hard to hit/shoot.

Hensler on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I always understood it as being an acute awareness of his surroundings including shifts in the wind, weaknesses in structure, body language, momentum, and all of that, but Spider-Sense really just does whatever the writers want it to do.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I always understood it as being an acute awareness of his surroundings including shifts in the wind, weaknesses in structure, body language, momentum, and all of that, but Spider-Sense really just does whatever the writers want it to do.

Per The Other (which is, strictly speaking, still in-continuity since "it all still happened", not to mention Morlun still existing) it is a form of prescience, not just awareness. However, Tony Stark and the Civil War stuff made it sound like it's what you're saying.

In other words, who the hell knows.

mattharvest on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The Other could have been good if there was time to run with the concepts. But it was that, then Iron Spider, then One More Day. No time to breathe.

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fuck, does anyone have a copy of the 6/24/2009 shipping list? I accidentally deleted mine and there were still titles that I needed to pick up.

Mai-Kero on
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Fuck, does anyone have a copy of the 6/24/2009 shipping list? I accidentally deleted mine and there were still titles that I needed to pick up.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=93487

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    DreamonDreamon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There was a What if Wolverine/Spidey storyline where Spidey left MJ and stood in Russia because of spy training & a girl that looks like MJ.

Anyway thanks to the training his honed skills moved to precognitive levels. Where he was able to foresee 5-6 seconds ahead of his timeline & even the speeches about to be made. Therefore I always thought spidey was able to foresee mere moments before a threat leads on him. But since this was a what if story it is hard to know about the true mechanism of the spideyman.

Dreamon on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    I've gotta say Sin's Past is the worst. I know people always claim so-and-so ruined Character X, but in this case, it was as close to true as you can get.

It was also five years ago. It might be time, and I'm saying this to everyone, to let it go.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sentry wrote: »
    I've gotta say Sin's Past is the worst. I know people always claim so-and-so ruined Character X, but in this case, it was as close to true as you can get.

It was also five years ago. It might be time, and I'm saying this to everyone, to let it go.

Considering there was an allusion to it in the last ASM, perhaps there's still some relevance? Regardless, people these days still complain about the Clone Saga and that was closer to 20 years ago.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I don't think anyone would have brought it up if Norman's actions this arc didn't closely resemble his actions in that arc. Kind of hard to forget a storyline when its impact is still being felt.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Dreamon wrote: »
    There was a What if Wolverine/Spidey storyline where Spidey left MJ and stood in Russia because of spy training & a girl that looks like MJ.

Anyway thanks to the training his honed skills moved to precognitive levels. Where he was able to foresee 5-6 seconds ahead of his timeline & even the speeches about to be made. Therefore I always thought spidey was able to foresee mere moments before a threat leads on him. But since this was a what if story it is hard to know about the true mechanism of the spideyman.

Everyone knows about that What-If because it was the best Spider-Man story ever, got rid of MJ and made Peter stop being a pussy.

Oh and it only teamed him with WOLVERFUCKINGINE.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2009
    Yes well the new moment of the week thread is up and this one is off-topic SO

DJ Eebs on
This discussion has been closed.