As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

I hate redneck neighbors

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Man

The only roommate I've ever had was awesome. I mean, I think the worst thing that happened was the day I moved in, she had a cross hanging by her desk and later asked if I wanted to go to church with her on Sunday. I politely declined. By the end of the first semester, she hardly went to church either.

We had the same taste in music, for the most part, and both liked to watch old Warner Bros. cartoons over lunch time. She let me use her computer that first year, until I had my own the next year.

The only bad thing was that boyfriend she had for a while, Kent. God what a moron. If you ever said a joke or something around, he would explain why the joke was funny. Something Ben and I later referred to as "Kenting a joke."

After that I moved in with Ben, and haven't had a roommate since.

okay that's a little weird

I have a friend named Simon who does the exact same thing as this Kent

to the extent that we started referring to it as "Simoning a joke"

are these people all related or what

YaYa on
  • Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    Mysst wrote: »
    bwanie wrote: »
    Way to be a passive agressive ninny SH.

What are you even trying to accomplish by that? Said individual is most likely fully aware of the way they park and choose not to give a fuck.
    what's he gonna do, wait in the bushes with a hammer for the driver to come back?

I dunno?

It just seems so counterproductive. Most assholes actually get all riled up when you call them on their bullshit antics. So unless SH wants get engaged in some fisticuffs he'd leave well enough alone.
    if the guy assaults him then he can get him arrested and his car towed from inactivity because the guy is in jail.

not bad...maybe crack open a window and leave some surprises in there, before calling the towservice...

bwanie on
    Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My first college rommate was a coke dealer. He was usually nice enough to me in his own way, but still a total douchebag in general, stealing stuff from people, total sleeze. I came back to my room to find random dudes sleeping in my bed sometimes.

It is more interesting than I'm making it sound.

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Artreus wrote: »
    My first college rommate was a coke dealer. He was usually nice enough to me in his own way, but still a total douchebag in general, stealing stuff from people, total sleeze. I came back to my room to find random dudes sleeping in my bed sometimes.

It is more interesting than I'm making it sound.

Dude, Tofu still posts here!
    8-)

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    One night when I was outside she came back I saw her being dropped off by her pimp and she was still wearing her outfit from the strip club and I asked "sooooo how was ralphs"

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    loomdun why were you living with a whore

FAQ on
  • Options
    LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I didn't know till after she moved innnn

edit: her cat was a complete slut to, it was horny like 80% of the time

edit again: She was a nice hoe thoughh, she just yah know. Smelled of multiple men

Loomdun on
    splat
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited July 2009
    I used to live on the most redneck street in philadelphia. Like, there were only 7 houses on this street (all basically connected rowhomes), but every single car was a pickup truck (one of which was on cinder blocks), there were discarded car parts all over the place. Always dudes chillin out on the stoop talkin about the things they see. And to top it all off, fucking gigantic nascar flag draped across the one houses awning.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My neighbors are pretty okay. Theres this really friendly and well mannered drug dealer that used to babysit me and a family with 3 girls that are complete sluts.

I'm scared to meet my Florida neighbors though

Dadouw on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    A buddy of mine used to live next to this wacked out family. Dad was having a homosexual affair, mom pretty much blocked it out all and put on this cheery front, two amazingly hot daughters of the ripe ages of 16 and 17. Who then got caught smoking crack in the back yard and constantly "dated" 30 and 35 year old men.

Sheep on
  • Options
    DefaultuserDefaultuser Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    Right now I have the loudest neighbors ever next door and someone who has a crying baby in the apartment below me. Being woken up at 3 AM by the combination of kerfuffles next door and a crying humanspawn downstairs has me contemplating infanticide and homicide.

Defaultuser on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My only neighbors are cows.

It's pretty nice.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    DadouwDadouw Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

It's pretty nice.

but then you are the redneck

Dadouw on
  • Options
    DefaultuserDefaultuser Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    And then the cows hate you.

Defaultuser on
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dadouw wrote: »

It's pretty nice.

Far from it. My roommates and I found a house relatively on the cheap, it's just kind of on its own. The cow pasture isn't next door, it's just kind of down our (very long) driveway and across the street. Plus it's on a lake, which is nice. We don't have any neighbors, another plus.

UnbreakableVow on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dadouw wrote: »

It's pretty nice.

Far from it. My roommates and I found a house relatively on the cheap, it's just kind of on its own. The cow pasture isn't next door, it's just kind of down our (very long) driveway and across the street. Plus it's on a lake, which is nice. We don't have any neighbors, another plus.

Uh, what about the cows?

God, you can't even keep your story straight.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    YaYa wrote: »
    Jordyn wrote: »
    Man

The only roommate I've ever had was awesome. I mean, I think the worst thing that happened was the day I moved in, she had a cross hanging by her desk and later asked if I wanted to go to church with her on Sunday. I politely declined. By the end of the first semester, she hardly went to church either.

We had the same taste in music, for the most part, and both liked to watch old Warner Bros. cartoons over lunch time. She let me use her computer that first year, until I had my own the next year.

The only bad thing was that boyfriend she had for a while, Kent. God what a moron. If you ever said a joke or something around, he would explain why the joke was funny. Something Ben and I later referred to as "Kenting a joke."

After that I moved in with Ben, and haven't had a roommate since.

okay that's a little weird

I have a friend named Simon who does the exact same thing as this Kent

to the extent that we started referring to it as "Simoning a joke"

are these people all related or what

The Buckley brothers

Ten on
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh man, I remembered a bad roommate story.

So, it’s my sophomore year of college. Some of my friends all rent a big house together a little ways out of the student ghetto in Kalamazoo. Summer rolls around and two of the guys decide that they’re going out of the country.

"But it's cool," one of them says, "I found a couple who are going to sublease."

They turn out to be freshmen. On their first night, my friends throw a party, where the freshmen meet a swinger and proceed to retreat into their new bedroom and have a threesome. Only the door is open and the window in that bedroom has no shade and is essentially a pass-through onto patio. Everyone sees everything, and when asked to oh god not show us that, the girl screams something incoherent and throws a bottle at the door. It turns out that she is crazy and abusive. She beats the guy up routinely, and gets in a screaming match on the front steps when the guy's parents show up to beg him to move home. She actually hits her boyfriend with her car on one memorable occasion.

Fast forward a month or so. One of the guys has guests in from out of town. We make dinner in the kitchen and take it into the sitting room to eat. Unfortunately, the new roommates get home as everyone is eating and decide to have some kinky screaming sex, again with the door partially open. Awkward! Later that night we're watching Red Dawn in the same sitting room, and the guy comes to the door and asks us to please be quieter, because his girlfriend is trying to sleep. One of the guests from out of town says, "Oh, like you guys kept the sex down while we were trying to eat?"

At which point the girl busts out of the bedroom, ass-naked except for her nipple rings, hopping up and down, boobs flying everywhere, screaming about how she lived there too and paid rent, so if she wanted to walk around naked and have loud sex with the door open, she would damned well do it.

It was... memorable.

Lost Salient on
    RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh man.

A buddy threw a big party once. Wasn't bad. Had fun. Free booze.

But this one chick, who everyone knew and didn't really like, because she dated this weird as hell guy who occasionally lived in an abandoned water tower, wanted everyone to hear his falsetto singing voice, never bathed, and wore your typical Hot Topic crap, and because she tried to sleep around but wasn't very good at it (meaning she wasn't very attractive in any capacity). Well, her and her boyfriend made things uncomfortable.

The party was kicking, everyone was having a good time, talking.

Suddenly she asks "HEY WHO WANTS TO SEE MY NIPPLE PIERCING!?"

The room falls silent and awkward and even though my friend only owned a CD player I could have sworn that I heard a needle scraping across a vinyl record.

Sheep on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I live in the real Deep South and can confirm that that is how most of the main streets in the random towns round here look.

Type in 108 Main St, Bude, MS and take a look.

Sheep on
  • Options
    Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Long story is long:
    I would like to say that I have a few friends of middle eastern descent, and known may more who were cool individuals. I grew up in a small town with a liberal arts univeristy with a very large percentage of the student body studying abroad

All that to say when I got my first apartment with my best friend the 4 apartments on the 3rd floor were taken by middle eastern guys. We moved in during the beginning of summer and never really had any problems.

Then school started as did the parties. I should also mention that at this time in my life I was a drug addict, worked nights, pretty open to the wild life. These fuckers killed me though. It all came to a head on a Wendsday night, you see this univeristy doesn't have class on Thursdays.

FUCK'N PARTY RIGHT 'BRO?

So I get home from work around 11:30 and the parties hopping, terrable bass booming, they're out on their balcony smoking and throwing their cans in the parking lot. Par for the course so I ignore them.

I proceed to get fucked up myself, and try to go to bed at around 3:30 or so. My roommate needs to be up at 7 to go to work, and while he does pass out around 9 because he loves his downers, they wear off at some point. These fuckers still have the music so loud I can here lyrics through 3 floors of cinderblock apartment building. My roomate wakes up.

We had politly asked them to keep it down before. We had called the cops before. Not this night, he wanted blood. My roommate storms into my room and askes me to follow him, he's out of the apartment before I can get pants on.

So imagine these Greek life love'n Broshephs suprise when two emaciated white boys show up with nothing but tighty whites on.

Conversation went like this:

Roommate: "Turn that shit off or so help me God I will kill you all with my bare hands!"

Party: "pregnet pause, Sorry dude"

Roommate: "Turn it off!" slams door

Never had any more problems

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    SniperLogicSniperLogic ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Uhhh..huh. I probably would have prioritized getting some pants on, considering you were about to engage in something that could have become quite physical.
    :winky:

SniperLogic on
    Steam/PSN: StandrdDeviation
    BNet: StandrdError#1826
  • Options
    Wedge BiggsWedge Biggs Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    ah cocaine
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    DrZiplock wrote: »
    You live in West Virginia.

At any given moment, you're 3 feet from a meth lab.

no that's florida chief

i thought that was sacramento?

it's almost any city in the united states

This is one of Montana's solutions:
    montana_meth.jpg
    mother_type-425x195.jpg
    meth_poster.jpg

Wedge Biggs on
    I ain't never crossed a man who didn't deserve it. - Artis Ivey Jr.
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I wouldn't call it inaccurate.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah that whore is losing at least $35 in that deal

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    is it bad that I saw that and said "Wow, only 15$?"

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    is it bad that I saw that and said "where can I get 15$?"

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I had a roommate that was a racist piece of shit. We (my other roommate and I) kicked him out of our apartment because he kept paying late and was a dick so he stole a bunch of our DVDs when he packed up to move. We've been holding his share of the security deposit for ransom until he gives us our shit back.

I'll never have more than one roommate again.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    NargorothRiPNargorothRiP Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    How does one go about living in an abandoned water tower?

NargorothRiP on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Climb Tower
    Open Door
    ???
    Sleep

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    So elegant; so simple.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    robothero wrote: »
    is it bad that I saw that and said "Wow, only 15$?"

There was some show about hookers on HBO once, and one of the older ones just could not get work anymore, so she was gonna blow this guy for a pack of cigarettes, but then he said he wanted one of the cigarettes so she changed her mind.

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    hahaha

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    "No, you can have the whole pack!"

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    That really made me laugh. Jordyn, you've made me a terrible person!

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    shit, I'm headed to Montana

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm living in an apartment for the first time and there appears to be elephants living upstairs.

I don't really care, but it's just odd how it sounds like at all times they're knocking over furniture or running up there. It's weird.

Also I've called my landlord twice for my mailbox key so I can pay things like bills, and gotten no response. I left him a note with the rent check (that I paid a day early) and still no APT key.

My electricity is going to get shut off, I know it.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    why don't you just go to the electric company and pay your bill

also maybe get ahold of the post office and complain

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg