As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

I hate redneck neighbors

14567810»

• Josiah_9Josiah_9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    or pay online

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • JordynJordyn Really, Commander? Probing Uranus. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Or break in and steal the key

Jordyn on
    thumbsupguy-1.jpg
    JordynNolz.com <- All my blogs (Shepard, Wasted, J'onn, DCAU) are here now!
    edited July 2009
    foolproof

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ANTVGM64 wrote: »
    I'm living in an apartment for the first time and there appears to be elephants living upstairs.

I don't really care, but it's just odd how it sounds like at all times they're knocking over furniture or running up there. It's weird.

Also I've called my landlord twice for my mailbox key so I can pay things like bills, and gotten no response. I left him a note with the rent check (that I paid a day early) and still no APT key.

My electricity is going to get shut off, I know it.

3 Months it took for my girlfriend and I to get the key to our mailbox. It's been three weeks since I've called (multiple times) about the drain in my bathroom sink. I can't wait to get the fuck outta this shithole. Actually, the unit is nice, the people around it suck though. And the management.

FF on
    Huh...
  • Darkness MundusDarkness Mundus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    FF wrote: »
    I'm living in an apartment for the first time and there appears to be elephants living upstairs.

I don't really care, but it's just odd how it sounds like at all times they're knocking over furniture or running up there. It's weird.

Also I've called my landlord twice for my mailbox key so I can pay things like bills, and gotten no response. I left him a note with the rent check (that I paid a day early) and still no APT key.

3 Months it took for my girlfriend and I to get the key to our mailbox. It's been three weeks since I've called (multiple times) about the drain in my bathroom sink. I can't wait to get the fuck outta this shithole. Actually, the unit is nice, the people around it suck though. And the management.

Maybe you didn't get the key because they don't appreciate people living in sin. Sinner.

Darkness Mundus on
    edited July 2009

Maybe you didn't get the key because they don't appreciate people living in sin. Sinner.

Hey, I know being a Jew is terrible and all but I don't see how tha --- Ohh ho ho!

FF on
    Huh...
  • edited July 2009
    KalTorak wrote: »
    I really hate college students.
    Well, ones who have the attitude of "it's summer! It is now time to party every night since we no longer have to get up in the morning for classes!"
    Fuckers.
    I actually do have to sleep at night due to having to go to work in the morning.
    I hate living in an over-priced college town, and therefore having to live near students in order to afford the rent. I stay away from the area of town near the frats, but I can only get so far away.

We discovered last week that we have these just above us. Or rather, they are of the mindset, "Let's party and get fucked-up-drunk because it's THURSDAY!" I never understood that logic. Yeah, Thursday's the day before Friday. Is Friday part of the weekend now? Do we give every new baby chocolate eclair too?

pages and pages late but well done, sir.

Richard M. Nixon on
    chevy.jpgsteve.jpgmartin.jpg
    edited July 2009
    Also, my former downstairs neighbor whom harassed my girlfriend and I for 5 months is possibly getting disbarred. She also got the shit beaten out of her last month.

Far be it for me to take pleasure in another persons misery, um, something something...she deserved it.

FF on
    Huh...
  • T. J. Nutty Nub T. J. Nutty Nub Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also, my former downstairs neighbor who harassed my girlfriend and I for 5 months is possibly getting disbarred. She also got the shit beaten out of her last month.

Far be it for me to take pleasure in another persons misery, um, something something...she deserved it.

No offense, but the whole whom/who thing always gets to me.

Is this the crazy lady who would bang on your ceiling?

T. J. Nutty Nub on
    edited July 2009
    Also, my former downstairs neighbor who harassed my girlfriend and I for 5 months is possibly getting disbarred. She also got the shit beaten out of her last month.

No offense, but the whole whom/who thing always gets to me.

Is this the crazy lady who would bang on your ceiling?

I don't know the difference, I had a 50/50 chance.

Yep. Er, her ceiling. I've noticed that she's been ignoring letters from the state bar association as well as the property management company.

Tee hee.

FF on
    Huh...
  • TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    For some reason I can't complain about my neighbors.

Oh my god, I'm the bad one.

Tonkka on
    Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • LoomdunLoomdun Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    bad neighbors complain a lot, therefore you are a good neighbor

Loomdun on
    splat
  • edited July 2009
    Our downstairs neighbour at our last apartment but 3 invited us for a 'Bob Marley party' which we declined. Turns out it was him and one other dude smoking weed from about 2:00pm to about 3:00pm the next day. We opened up all of our windows (in February) but all of our things still smelt of weed for days afterward.

On Valentine's Day he bought us heart-shaped cookies and hung them on our doorknob.

In our last apartment but 2 the woman who lived downstairs from us was strung out on something terrible 24/7. On the night before we moved out she came into our house at 12:30am, nearly incoherent but apparently very upset that we were leaving and "I never really got to know you". My wife managed to get her to leave without violence. The next day she brought us up some homemade cookies in a filthy margarine container. We were as polite as possible under the circumstances.

Our fridge in that apartment smelt of rotten beets and it was like pulling teeth to get the landlord to replace it.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    How far does weed travel in your typical apartment setting? My hallway smells pretty strongly of cigarettes, and I typically put a towel under the door, but the last thing I need is a hassle due to my smoking habits.

ANTVGM64 on
    edited July 2009
    If you aren't pulling a 24 hour cheifathon like Nixon's neighbour your should be fine.

Josiah_9 on
    Saturate.jpg
  • ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I spray apartments for bugs. Got a complaint that I went and took care of today.

Walked in and looked at the beige countertop in the kitchen. Looked like someone spilled a huge bag of coffee grinds.

NOPE. They were ants. Thousands, upon thousands of ants just gobbed up. Half were dead already, some were lingering around. It looked like someone brought huge antbed into the apartment and just stomped on it.

That was not fun. It was more ants than I've ever seen in such a small area.

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • edited July 2009
    How far does weed travel in your typical apartment setting? My hallway smells pretty strongly of cigarettes, and I typically put a towel under the door, but the last thing I need is a hassle due to my smoking habits.

Our apartment was in a converted bunch of townhouses. They took 4 townhouses and made them into about 6 apartments through some kind of architectural alchemy.

I used to inspect window replacements in Toronto low-rent high-rises. One place we went to had roughly 3,000 square feet worth of furniture packed into a 15'x15' bachelor apartment. It was terrifying but not as bad as the place where the 70 year old woman answered the door in her bra and Depends.

Richard M. Nixon on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    One of our neighbors told my wife that the bum downstairs has been going through the everyone's mailboxes; and that one of the other neighbors had mysterious charges on her credit card.

DouglasDanger on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh hai. Rednecks move out in one day and all of my laptops and x box is gone. Fuckers. Called cops. Usin blackberry.

Sheep on
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rednecks are not to be trusted.

EDIT: With anything.

EDIT 2: Ever.

Hacksaw on
  • marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tonkka wrote: »
    For some reason I can't complain about my neighbors.

Oh my god, I'm the bad one.

I think this is me too.

marty_0001 on
  • Fort1tudeFort1tude Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hes never getting his stuff back

Fort1tude on
    Steam ID - Fort1tude