As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fuck Gobots and Transmorphers, this thread is about Transformers [NSF56k]

• JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Were there Dinobots in this?

JoeUser on
  • NinjabearNinjabear Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Considering how good the Transformers 2 movie is doing, do you think they might un-cancel the animated series?

Ninjabear on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me!!! Friend Code: 2981-7429-8364
  • thanimationsthanimations Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    JoeUser wrote: »
    Were there Dinobots in this?

no, they had to save something for Transformers 3

thanimations on
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ninjabear wrote: »
    Considering how good the Transformers 2 movie is doing, do you think they might un-cancel the animated series?

No, the best hope we're getting is a comic adaptation/mini series to tie up the loose ends.

I don't see a new animated series starting until they debut the Hasbro Channel.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arcee, not RC. Just giving a heads up for anyone who didn't realize that's how it's spelled.

Also, have I mentioned how awesome Human Alliance Bumblebee is? (click for higher res version)

HABumblebee1sm.jpg

Let me know if doing that is worth it because it takes away too long to do that to an image.

Schide on
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ninjabear wrote: »

Cartoon Network canceled it for nebulous reasons . I've heard everything from it referenced the older shows to much to it wasn't full of high school kids and their hijinks.

Hasbro probably wanted it on Hiatus to push movie toys anyway though.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Kign Riptor whenever I see you I think of Killer Instinct

Zen Vulgarity on
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zen whenever I see you I think of a monk with tourette's

Also I thought Jetfire was pretty cool too, although maybe that was down to my disillusionment with other chunks of the film

But to hell with that riddle-solving segment to find the tomb

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I kinda am a monk with tourette's

but is King Riptor a velociraptor

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    SL11.jpg

DO WANT

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can't wait to laugh so hard at this movie

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    are there pictures for the bumblebee shoe, shoe?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so is this movie bad
    Yeah it's kind of terrible. I was pretty excited about seeing it too, it was awful though. Waste of 13 dollars.

Clint Eastwood on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's okay, but unlike the first where the good makes up for the bad, the bad in the second is so bad that you can't get your mind off it even when the good is happening.

I had a hard time suspending disbelief that everyone abandoned Optimus to fight three Decepticons at once, hardcore though it was.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Monkeyfeet wrote: »
    are there pictures for the bumblebee shoe, shoe?

SetHeader.jpg

there's all three, the one in the middle is Megatron, yesssss.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    It's okay, but unlike the first where the good makes up for the bad, the bad in the second is so bad that you can't get your mind off it even when the good is happening.

I had a hard time suspending disbelief that everyone abandoned Optimus to fight three Decepticons at once, hardcore though it was.
    Oh god, that part was so terrible.
    It irritated me so much that Optimus, a giant fucking truck, blazes to the scene, while Bumblebee and the Corvette whose name I can't remember are nowhere to be seen.

The worst part is that the whole movie was like a string of groanworthy moments.

Clint Eastwood on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Megatron-toon.jpg

august on
    edited July 2009
    august wrote: »

Megatron-toon.jpg

thank you for being there for me

the bumblebee shoe seems movie inspired, it's the least interesting looking one, too.

I'd kill a guy for those soundwave ones, though

they never sell these at any place that isn't ebay

and on ebay they're always a billion dollars

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited July 2009
    The Bumblebee one could almost pass for a shoe that isn't based on an incredibly geeky franchise

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited July 2009
    that's because it's SO BORING

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited July 2009
    Is that velcro on the megatron one?

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
    edited July 2009
    yes

and big ol straps on the soundwave one

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd wear velcro shoes if I thought I could get away with it.

august on
    edited July 2009
    I do things I can't get away with all the time

like wear a big yellow shirt with carlton banks on it

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Beast Wars Megatron is the best Megatron

Centipede Damascus on
    edited July 2009

Yesssssss.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So! What's a warrior without weapons?
    A Warrior Still!

e: what the hell it isn't embedding

Antimatter on
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yesssssss.

Ive been watching old BW episodes, and he is the greatest thing. He's got a backup for damn near everything. The only reason he doesn't win is becuase Primal is so badass I am tempted to call him the most bad ass of the optimi.

Coming from the unicron trilogy as my first TF exposure, it is just so awesome. Goddamn it i love BW so friggin' much.

masterofmetroid on
    edited July 2009

Yesssssss.

Ive been watching old BW episodes, and he is the greatest thing. He's got a backup for damn near everything. The only reason he doesn't win is becuase Primal is so badass I am tempted to call him the most bad ass of the optimi.

Coming from the unicron trilogy as my first TF exposure, it is just so awesome. Goddamn it i love BW so friggin' much.

He is easily the best Optimus. He allowed the other Optimus to do all the badass things he did. I don't want to explain how because I'd ruin it for you.

But it's great.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man there was a Japanese Gameboy Color game with Beastwars/Transformers and it's badass

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited July 2009
    it wasn't based on actual Japanese Beast Wars was it

because that stuff was horrible and insane

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • masterofmetroidmasterofmetroid Have you ever looked at a world and seen it as a kind of challenge?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yesssssss.

He is easily the best Optimus. He allowed the other Optimus to do all the badass things he did. I don't want to explain how because I'd ruin it for you.

But it's great.

Oh I know. Now there is a hoverboard, and goddamn your right he IS the most badass, becuase if you do something he doesn't like he will not hesitate to get in your FACE. And then comes the 3-headed dragon and OH GOD i would have bought so many toys. This needs to come back. What happened to kids shows i could enjoy?

masterofmetroid on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    it wasn't based on actual Japanese Beast Wars was it

because that stuff was horrible and insane

it was just a fighting game that had a couple of Transformers but mostly Beast Wars characters

Optimus is a gorilla, and Megatron is a T-Rex but also a weird drill/tank thing, and one other guy is a green tank. Everyone else is an animal.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited July 2009

Yesssssss.

But it's great.

Oh I know. Now there is a hoverboard, and goddamn your right he IS the most badass, becuase if you do something he doesn't like he will not hesitate to get in your FACE. And then comes the 3-headed dragon and OH GOD i would have bought so many toys. This needs to come back. What happened to kids shows i could enjoy?

you have no idea how much I kick my own ass for not buying any of the toys when they were out.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited July 2009
    I would have bough 3-headed dragon megatron so HARD. Then i would have bought waspinator, and found a way to make 3-headed megatron his underling, leading the predacons to a victory with uncomparable military prowess.

This would probably have ranked with getting metroid fusion as far as wondrous childhood experiences go. All i can do now is have protoform starscream stab cyberton optimus(powerlinked with wing saber) in the face with a DS stylus sword. Which is awesome, but still. :(

masterofmetroid on
  • StrayDogStrayDog Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I had so many of the Beast Wars toys and so many epic battles with them. I bought them all with allowance money and extra cash I got for doing jobs around the neighborhood. But when I turned 12 my mom thought I was grown up plenty and gave them all away while I was at school. :(

StrayDog on
    Let me go down in the mud, where the rivers all run dry.
    edited July 2009
    StrayDog wrote: »
    I had so many of the Beast Wars toys and so many epic battles with them. I bought them all with allowance money and extra cash I got for doing jobs around the neighborhood. But when I turned 12 my mom thought I was grown up plenty and gave them all away while I was at school. :(

Wow. Even if you where "too old for them" those would be worth alot. That sucks man. I don't think your ever too old for something, as long as that something is high quality.

masterofmetroid on
  • BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Speaking of Beast Wars, I'm watching the series finale and I have a question.

How did Dinobot create that mini autobot shuttle inside the Ark? Was it always there and Dinobot just uploaded the info the the Maximals? Besides Dinobot II having the original's memories, this plot hole just made no sense to me.

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
This discussion has been closed.