As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Michele Bachmann: too crazy even for the wingier nuts.

• monikermoniker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I honestly have no idea what the hell she is saying or even trying to say. Something about dead fish and not being a quitter...while she announces her resignation in order to have Alaska progress.

...o_O

moniker on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    mxmarks wrote: »
    SHE JUST MADE SOME SORT OF COMMENT ABOUT HOW SHE HATES QUITTERS.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON.

Mxmarks, you're dealing with party Republicans here. Just realize that nothing they say makes sense, is based in reality, or is logically consistent and you'll be fine.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The entire speech becomes increasingly incoherent. She should just crawl into a hole and hope no one remembers her in a year.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
    edited July 2009
    And CNN just lost the feed.

Dear god, I feel sorry for whoever has to transcribe that.

moniker on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    moniker wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    So wait, if she resigns, who takes over in Alaska? And will it become a better place?

Lt. Governor Parnell.

I can't imagine how it could become worse.

Tell me about this guy in more detail. I've got friends living in Alaska and I want to know how boned / free they are.

Henroid on
  • ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think her mind may have finally cracked. She looked and sounded anxious as fuck.

She looked like she could hardly breathe, and just watching it made me feel short of breath.

Clevinger on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    TPM suspects a scandal is incoming.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Now taking bets on when Former Governor Palin will say that she was so disgusted by the government forcing the stimulus money on the states that she saw no other option and had to leave as to not be personally involved in "spreading the wealth."

iTunesIsEvil on
    edited July 2009
    So wait, if she resigns, who takes over in Alaska? And will it become a better place?

Lt. Governor Parnell.

I can't imagine how it could become worse.

Tell me about this guy in more detail. I've got friends living in Alaska and I want to know how boned / free they are.

All I know is his name, but he can doubtless perform a better job of effectively running the State since it doesn't seem like she ever took things off autopilot with her staff doing everything.

moniker on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Okay, I think I've figured out why she's quitting being governor 2 years before a Presidential run: Speaking lessons.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • DevoutlyApatheticDevoutlyApathetic Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Oh please, please. I do not want to listen to a presidential cycle where that is the face of the opposition.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    Nod. Get treat. PSN: Quippish
    edited July 2009
    Now taking bets on when Former Governor Palin will say that she was so disgusted by the government forcing the stimulus money on the states that she saw no other option and had to leave as to not be personally involved in "spreading the wealth."

She spent some time blaming the liberal east coast media elites for...something. Supposedly WaPo and NYT cost Alaska $2m, but I'll be damnded if I can figure out how.

moniker on
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I'm hoping people on the left don't hop on making this out to be what it was all about. I don't want to jump to conclusions, nor should anyone else, because then we all look bad.

Henroid on
  • Recoil42Recoil42 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Oh, that's easy:

I personally believe, that U.S. Americans, are basketball to do so because uh,
    some people out there, in our nation don’t have maps to advance Alaska
    and point guard, to advance Alaska
    I believe that our education like such as in Alaska, and the quitters,
    everywhere like such as… and, I believe they should uh, our education over here,
    in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help Alaska outside of Government,
    and should help the Alaska so we will be able to build up our future for us.

Presto.

Recoil42 on
    edited July 2009
    So Parnell launched a primary challenge against Don Young and lost by 304 votes. This is a good sign. Of course, in that race he was endorsed by Palin, so that's a bad sign.

enlightenedbum on
    edited July 2009
    Recoil42 wrote: »

I personally believe, that U.S. Americans, are basketball to do so because uh,
    some people out there, in our nation don’t have maps to advance Alaska
    and uh…
    I believe that our education like such as in Alaska, and the quitters,
    everywhere like such as…
    and, I believe they should uh, our education over here,
    in the U.S. should help the U.S. or should help Alaska outside of Government,
    and should help the Alaska so we will be able to build up our future
    for us.

He shoots, he scores!

Henroid on
    edited July 2009

Oh please, please. I do not want to listen to a presidential cycle where that is the face of the opposition.

I am just honestly frightened of the notion that she would have a non-zero chance of becoming President of the United States. Both tickets need to have competent people on them, because shit happens.

moniker on
    edited July 2009

I am just honestly frightened of the notion that she would have a non-zero chance of becoming President of the United States. Both tickets need to have competent people on them, because shit happens.

Yes, just yes.

I would love some non-insane Republicans who occasionally checked their ideas against reality and things like that. Of course, Republican has been defined in such a way that it essentially means "Belligerent Religious Ideologue" lately.

DevoutlyApathetic on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PantsB wrote: »
    Honestly, she can't think that not having an office for nearly four years before the election would be a plus in her campaign right? Could she be planning on going after Murkowski's seat?

Polls from a few months ago showed Murkowski crushing her for the Senate Seat.

Oh Sarah, Sarah, Sarah.. What are you doing? Better to be king of your little molehill than fumble with yet another political campaign.

EDIT: Also, even if she was truly being altruistic and didn't want her national ambitions to fuck up the local government, you'd at LEAST think she could wait to resign until AFTER the national hubbub starts.

A scandal would not surprise me.

Undead Scottsman on
    edited July 2009
    Okay, I found a clip of her announcement, and at the start of her basketball analogy she says "point guard" - WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

Aren't analogies traditionally used as, "Hey, if you need help understanding, here is an easy scenario to relate it to"?

Henroid on
    edited July 2009
    Haha, when she says "All I can ask is that you trust me with this decision," she's SUPER fucking hyped. Like she wants so badly to say, "This is for 2012!"

Henroid on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Okay, I found a clip of her announcement, and at the start of her basketball analogy she says "point guard" - WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?

Aren't analogies traditionally used as, "Hey, if you need help understanding, here is an easy scenario to relate it to"?
    A point guard is the guy that has the ball in his hands to bring it up the court. He is generally the best ball handler and passer on the team.

deadonthestreet on
    edited July 2009

A point guard is the guy that has the ball in his hands to bring it up the court. He is generally the best ball handler and passer on the team.

And now I know more about a sport I don't give a shit about. :^:

Henroid on
    edited July 2009

Person who handles the ball and passes to set up their teammates.

enlightenedbum on
    edited July 2009
    I would be very interested in a completely candid five minute conversation with McCain right now.

DevoutlyApathetic on
    edited July 2009
    Andrea Mitchell is apparently saying on MSNBC that she's out of politics for good. Which would basically make this the best Fourth of July (a day early, but whatever). If this is true:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A

enlightenedbum on
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Her speech was for real Americans. And real Americans know about basketball.

WotanAnubis on
    edited July 2009
    I almost forgot, the YouTube clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACKm0AwStA8

Edit - Dude, I thought real Americans knew about baseball?

Henroid on
  • AdrienAdrien Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, I hate this thing where even the opposition has to pretend like everyone is competent. Like, it should be okay for people to say, "With all due respect, that woman does not belong in national politics."

Adrien on
    tmkm.jpg
  • DuffelDuffel jacobkosh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

This is pretty much true, actually

I don't know how baseball became the American pastime

We need to get that shit changed

Duffel on
    edited July 2009
    No no, real Americans love football and hate soccer.

enlightenedbum on
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Duffel wrote: »

Keyword there is "pastime" because if you need to pass a lot of time, there's no better way than bloody baseball.

Undead Scottsman on
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

What? No.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    edited July 2009

She played basketball in high school or college or something. That's where the 'sarah barracuda' thing came from.

Of course, you'd think that would lead to a better use of basketball as an analogy rather than a drawn out and nonsensical one, but then you'd be wrong.

moniker on
  • The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This has been one really fucking odd week.

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't particularly like baseball or football.

Could we get the national pastime changed to Starcraft or something?

jothki on
    edited July 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

What? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om_yq4L3M_I

moniker on
  • DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Andrea Mitchell is apparently saying on MSNBC that she's out of politics for good. Which would basically make this the best Fourth of July (a day early, but whatever).

It is possible that logistically she is, but I don't think that Sarah Palin herself thinks she is.

And Beaker is awesome.

DoctorArch on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    And why is this in Bachmann's thread? Doesn't it deserve its own?

Clevinger on
    edited July 2009
    SyphonBlue wrote: »

What? No.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om_yq4L3M_I

You could easily make the argument about football being the new national pastime, but basketball? Bitch, you fuckin crazy.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
This discussion has been closed.