As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Fuck Gobots and Transmorphers, this thread is about Transformers [NSF56k]

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So once the third one comes out then we will see her combination? That's kinda cool.

Blake T on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Also, why the hell didn't Jetfire just fly the gang to Egypt? Seriously.

who cares

seriously

august on
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    So once the third one comes out then we will see her combination? That's kinda cool.

Well, once someone gets a third one from China months before it hits retail and they figure out the combination, yeah.

Schide on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    He would not have been able to fly bumblebee and the other robots.

That and a blackbird can only fit two I am pretty sure.

Blake T on
  • MonkeyfeetMonkeyfeet Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bumblebee and the other robots weren't even around to be transported in the first place. The teleporting was stupid but I wouldn't want to watch a longer flight to Egypt

Monkeyfeet on
    sig1.jpg
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    1246254601_LFCC_2009_Exclusive_Print_by_Caliber316.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, teleporting really had no point.

They could have found alternate propulsion.
    I found it silly that Jetfire and the Fallen had it and no one else did. I thought when Jetfire ripped out his lung or whatever it was going to be a magic lung that allowed Prime to teleport, but no it was just to look silly.

Blake T on
    edited July 2009
    Good golly gosh the RotF Prime and Jetfire combined mode is frickin huge. Around the same size as RID Omega Prime if you have that. Which makes sense since those are also two leaders that combine.

Schide on
  • FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Watch G1 again guys, they were teleporting all the time

Franko on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cloudman wrote: »
    Pretty much all the new transformers either sucked big time (the twins, the fallen, wheelie, grindor) or didn't get enough screen time to make an impression (sideswipe, arcee, jolt)

It's a shame. Jolt and Sideswipe were both cool designs, it would have been nice to see them do...anything.

The Arcee Triplets really were pretty awesome.

I would have much preferred if they had been the ones tagging along with Sam and Mikaela instead of the Tom Kenny twins. The movie really didn't need characters put into the film entirely for comic relief. Jetfire filled that role just fine in of himself, for so many reasons. I cringed and laughed when I saw he was using a cane to get around.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited July 2009
    Yeah I would have loved it if the twins were thrown away and the acree girls took their place.

I mean there were three motorbikes and three people on the run, it would have made sense.

Blake T on
    edited July 2009
    When watching this, I remember when it was brought up that Micheal Bay had begun writing the script for Transformers 2, since the writers's strike was in full swing at the time.

It would certainly explain the difference in storytelling between this one and the last. I mean, the film is nothing but action and then more action, and it's even sillier and more baffling than the first one.

Goatmon on

edited July 2009
    Also, they tried WAY too hard to make the comic relief characters silly. They went as far as to give them pointy ears and buck teeth, like something out of Tex Avery.

Also, for all the expectations surrounding Devastator, I was a little disappointed that he was really just a gargantuan vaccum.

Goatmon on

edited July 2009
    That and the military took him out in one shot.

Blake T on
  • NechriahNechriah Chookity!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I saw Tranformers 2 yesterday, and I can say that it kept me occupied for two and a half hours. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but elements of it could have been significantly improved or ommitted altogether. More screen time/character development for the robots, less "Sam Witwicky Goes to College" bullshit, no stupid and forced attempts at humour, and no US military would have made this a much better movie, I think.

Also, last night I had a dream: I was on a train with Beth - a nice young lady I know, and our train was attacked by giant robots. I turned around to see that Beth was now wearing a spangled leather jumpsuit and a pair of aviator sunglasses; and that she was playing an awesome solo on her guitar. As she played, green and blue laser beams shot out the end of her guitar and obliterated the robots...

My first thought upon waking up was "That would have made a much better movie."
    My second thought was "Beth looked really hot in that outfit."

Nechriah on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Who's Beth?

DarkPrimus on
  • GenericFanGenericFan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    a nice young lady he knows

GenericFan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    about jetfire flying to egypt. would all of the bots fit inside his jet mode?

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »

hell no, the Blackbird can only fit in two people at best

Antimatter on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Antimatter wrote: »

ok, making sure. as the posts saying he could just fly there make me post emotes O_o

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    just got back from seeing this!

I had an excellent time!
    okay, so plot and dialogue were lousy, but it was no worse than an episode of the G1 cartoon

and the robot violence was fucking fantastic

basically this movie does nothing but look good and provide cheap thrills with no substance and I was perfectly fine with that

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
    edited July 2009
    Paramount's U.S. exit polling revealed several intriguing facts: While the 2007 Transformers movie viewership skewed 60-40% toward men over women, the split for the new film was more even at 54% male, 46% female. More than 90% of those surveyed stated that Revenge of the Fallen was as good as or better than the first Transformers movie. Surprisingly, about 67% said the film was "excellent", an even better score than for the critically acclaimed 2009 Star Trek movie.

Antimatter on
  • PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Paramount's U.S. exit polling revealed several intriguing facts: While the 2007 Transformers movie viewership skewed 60-40% toward men over women, the split for the new film was more even at 54% male, 46% female. More than 90% of those surveyed stated that Revenge of the Fallen was as good as or better than the first Transformers movie. Surprisingly, about 67% said the film was "excellent", an even better score than for the critically acclaimed 2009 Star Trek movie.

Awesome.

Pharezon on
    jkZziGc.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah to bad they weren't at an air and space museum and that transformers can't get new alternate modes within seconds.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

That's about as accurate as a republican exit poll and you know it.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pharezon wrote: »

Awesome.

God

damn it

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited July 2009
    If anyone was wondering what the combination of the Optimus and Jetfire toys looked like.
    PowerPrime1.jpg

PowerPrime2.jpg

You can adjust the kibble every which way to get a configuration that you like the best.

Schide on
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I swear, Bay's Transfomers look like nothing but kibble

Centipede Damascus on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

perception is reality! choke on it!

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

fucking united states of america

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah to bad they weren't at an air and space museum and that transformers can't get new alternate modes within seconds.

Man the guy had pieces falling off just walking around, what's going to happen if he tries a complete refiguration

Green on
  • Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i just saw that

and that was really ummm, not good

and i was hoping it would be good and i thought the first was entertaining

alas

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009

perception is reality! choke on it!

Perceptor_Animated.jpg

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
    edited July 2009
    I wish they'd make a toy of him

I need more autobots, my transformers collection is a wave of evil

the only good guys I own are Superion and Dinobot

and even dinobot can be turned into a pred

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited July 2009
    shit, I just realized that most of the Animated character models are from Headmasters

Kuribo I have the opposite problem

Antimatter on
    edited July 2009
    it's not my fault the decepticons turn into cool shit like wasps and spiders and nuclear bombers and the autobots turn into car, other car, and truck

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited July 2009
    plus they have soundwave

and soundwave is the only transformer on either side with any goddamn sense

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
    edited July 2009
    I am slightly ticked that they missed the opportunity in ROTF to use "Soundwave superior, Constructions inferior" when
    Devastator dies

does it really matter if I spoil the movie by this point?

Antimatter on
    edited July 2009
    it doesn't but the minute you stop someone will inevitably complain

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well I guess there might be someone out there who was destined to love the movie if not for one of us spoiling it

So... yeah playing it safe is probably wisest

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
This discussion has been closed.