As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[F2P] Runes of Magic (Chapter 2 coming Sept 2009)

• citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    eatmosushi wrote: »
    i think my gf just earned her engagement ring.

you know what she said, without being prompted?

"I think this would be more fun if I could kill those other players"

That is outstanding.

citizen059 on
  • kharvelankharvelan Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    citizen059 wrote: »

That is outstanding.

I don't know, I think she deserves a basket full of puppies in addition to the ring.

kharvelan on
    go fuck yourself PA forums
  • citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    kharvelan wrote: »

That is outstanding.

I don't know, I think she deserves a basket full of puppies in addition to the ring.

...and each puppy has flowers. And chocolate.

citizen059 on
  • Dr. FaceDr. Face King of Pants Registered User regular
    edited June 2009

That is outstanding.

...and each puppy has flowers. And chocolate.

The puppies will eat the flowers and chocolate, get sick and then die if he's not quick. Basket full of vomit and dead puppies is every girls dream. :)

Dr. Face on
    jswidget.php?username=DrFace&numitems=10&text=none&images=small&show=top10&imagepos=left&inline=1&imagewidget=1.png
    edited June 2009
    the thread has officially been derailed. . . .

so I've got my P/K up to 16 on priest side, is it best to level both up at once, or better to swap out once you level up full?

kharvelan on
  • spookymuffinspookymuffin ( ° ʖ ° ) Puyallup WA Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I usually change it up fairly often. Every couple levels or so.

spookymuffin on
    PSN: MegaSpooky // 3DS: 3797-6276-7138
    Wii U NNID: MegaSpooky
    edited June 2009
    OP updated again with info on the upcoming Chapter 2: The Elven Prophecy.

citizen059 on
  • ButtcleftButtcleft Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    If memory serves, it was considered best to take dailies [that are in the level range of your second class], do them fast and easy with your main class, go back and change classes, then turn them all in on your lower level class.

Buttcleft on
    edited June 2009
    That's the way to do all quests for your secondary. I grabbed like 10 quests, did them with my main Priest and then turned them in on my Knight.

spookymuffin on
  • fastsnailfastsnail __BANNED USERS new member
    edited June 2009
    Welcome to Runes of the Magic Bot free Open Beta! We hope you enjoy the botting!
    Please post your feedback and discussion on our forum:www.botsmall.com/forum
    We are awaiting your participation and thank you for your attention.

Rombot Version 1.0
    features:
    1.auto potion
    2.auto target mobs
    3.auto use skill
    4.auto picking

Willkommen zum Runes of Magic bot zum kostenlosen Beta test (RoMbot). Wir hoffen ihr genie?t das botten. Bittet postet eure Feedbacks und Diskussionen in unserem BotsMall forum. Wir erwarten eure Teilnahme und bedanken uns für ihre Aufmerksamkeit.

fastsnail on
  • DisDis Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Gold Seller and Bots spoils an MMO experience.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Buttcleft wrote: »
    If memory serves, it was considered best to take dailies [that are in the level range of your second class], do them fast and easy with your main class, go back and change classes, then turn them all in on your lower level class.

k so what you do is go to secondary (mine would be knight as I'm P/K) get quests, then switch back to priest and do quests, then switch back to knight to turn in?

kharvelan on
    edited June 2009
    I just started multi boxing with this game, I figured it was a good way to learn how as it's free and all. I can currently run 3 instances of the game with about a 80% cpu load and a 90% ram load. Has anyone else multiboxed this game? If so, what are your system specs?

kharvelan on
  • omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    People are still playing this correct?

I have about 2 hours before the download is done, and then I get to install and probably patch up.

Is there a list of players or a specific server everyone is playing on? I would like to play on a PvE server, but if everyone is on PvP I can hop on that instead.

omega71 on
    edited June 2009
    omega71 wrote: »

I have about 2 hours before the download is done, and then I get to install and probably patch up.

Is there a list of players or a specific server everyone is playing on? I would like to play on a PvE server, but if everyone is on PvP I can hop on that instead.

I have not met 1 PA member in this game, however I am on Artemis and my toons names are cookes cooker and cookem, I normally 3 box them, but feel free to say hello to cookes (I think that's my main) and I'll say hello.

all three are level 15 atm and need to pick a second class, but I'm not sure what to pick yet so they are in the class hall in varamass right now.

edit:

oh yeah this is a pve server

kharvelan on
  • omega71omega71 Too old for a title, too ornery to care. Sacramento, CaliRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    omega71 wrote: »

I have not met 1 PA member in this game, however I am on Artemis and my toons names are cookes cooker and cookem, I normally 3 box them, but feel free to say hello to cookes (I think that's my main) and I'll say hello.

all three are level 15 atm and need to pick a second class, but I'm not sure what to pick yet so they are in the class hall in varamass right now.

edit:

oh yeah this is a pve server

Ok cool, I am still downloading it so it should be a bit till I still get online with it.

I will go Artemis as well and probably make my home on that server.

omega71 on
    edited June 2009
    I play every now and then, it's more a casual thing for me. Most of the time here lately I've been in TF2.

citizen059 on
    edited June 2009
    Ok I gave this a good try, but it just doesnt seem to run too well on my laptop.

I mean it runs, I just get some horrible mouse lag, and that is somewhat annoying.

I ended up getting to around level 6, and the other thing that just flat out annoyed me was the crazy amount of gold farmer spam in the trade, not just one or two here and there, I am talking eight or nine different people all spouting the same thing over and over. No other conversation, no other people chatting in global, nothing..just spam, and that is a HUGE turn off in a game.

Sure I totally realize that gold farm spam is in most games, but I honestly have never seen it this bad. Which is sad, because if it wasnt for that and the horrible lag and the way my shitty laptop runs this, I would love to play this.

omega71 on
  • FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I played this game for about an hour last night. got up to lvl 7, early lvls seem to fly by, which worries me that the later lvls will crawl like a drunk.

i'm on the osha server if anyone else is over there, i knew a guy who had already rolled there, so thought i'd try it.

combat was laggy, but other than that, the game seemed fairly smooth, graphics are meh, but the characters aren't ugly, so it doesn't bother me much. not sure if i'll really keep playing, but i think it will tide me over and keep me from thinking more about the WoW.

WTB FFXIV PST

Feldorn on
    edited June 2009
    Free to Play MMO
    1) Endless Gold Spamming
    2) Botting
    3) Extremely Poor or no GM support

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dis wrote: »
    Free to Play MMO
    1) Endless Gold Spamming
    2) Botting
    3) Extremely Poor or no GM support
    And how is the actual game?

Aldo on
    edited July 2009
    maybe you don't see the spam in the newbie areas, cause i don't remember seeing any gold-spam when i was doing the intro quests. but perhaps i just didn't look hard enough. also, if you know of a game with no gold spamming or botting let me know, cause i'd probably play that.

GM support... well, this is a F2P game, so i suppose you get what you're paying for there.

also, the game = WoW-lite.

Feldorn on
  • SulSeekerSulSeeker Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Definitely WOW-lite, I have my UI setup damn near the way I have it in wow.

EDIT: Didn't know what server we were playing on till I got 2 toons past 10 :( Rerolled on the server posted, Toon is Acealeigh - Mage

SulSeeker on
  • LostLost Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    back when I played, the GM's where really active.
    The guild I was in used to hold PVP dueling tourny's on the bridge and the GM's would come watch and eventually gave us prizes to give out and broadcasted for us.

Lost on
    edited July 2009
    Game deserves a bunp, GF joined in too.

SulSeeker on
    edited July 2009
    are you guys all on artemis still?

Feldorn on
    edited July 2009
    The poor or too cheapskate to pay people's WoW.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Naked elves on the way: http://kotaku.com/5309249/elves-add-classes-to-runes-of-magic

The Warden looks interesting, I'll totally make one when this hits.

spookymuffin on
    edited July 2009

It's not always that people are too poor/cheap to play WoW. For some of us, our wife has made it clear that we'll be single if we ever touch WoW again...

Feldorn on
    edited July 2009
    Feldorn wrote: »

It's not always that people are too poor/cheap to play WoW. For some of us, our wife has made it clear that we'll be single if we ever touch WoW again...

Usually it's the wife who got stuck on WoW. o_O

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    See with WoW there's an obligation to play it since we're paying $15 a month for it. With RoM there is no such obligation.

SulSeeker on
    edited July 2009
    SulSeeker wrote: »
    See with WoW there's an obligation to play it since we're paying $15 a month for it. With RoM there is no such obligation.

That's what made me quit WoW.
    Paying and feeling the Obligation to play.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Usually it's the wife who got stuck on WoW. o_O

My wife doesn't have the attention span for such endeavors.

Feldorn on
  • WolferaWolfera Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm gonna download and give this game a try tonight, I think. Sounds like Artemis the place to be? I can't play MMO's without guild chat, so I'll roll wherever someone has a good guild I can get into...
    Which class is best for DPS? I assume mages, but how are Scouts and Rogues?

Wolfera on
    edited July 2009
    Wolfera wrote: »
    I'm gonna download and give this game a try tonight, I think. Sounds like Artemis the place to be? I can't play MMO's without guild chat, so I'll roll wherever someone has a good guild I can get into...
    Which class is best for DPS? I assume mages, but how are Scouts and Rogues?
    PA doesnt have an active guild for as far as I am aware, you might want to check out the official forums and see if you can find a server with some normal guilds on it.

Aldo on
    edited July 2009
    That's really the only reason I don't play as often as I want to, no PA guild. I don't think there will be, because half of the discussion is "olol free to play sucks" or "olol WoW clone".

spookymuffin on
    edited July 2009
    That's really the only reason I don't play as often as I want to, no PA guild. I don't think there will be, because half of the discussion is "olol free to play sucks" or "olol WoW clone".
    Is it easy to make a guild in RoM? Otherwise make your own one and be picky with who you let in.

Aldo on
    edited July 2009
    Aldo wrote: »
    Is it easy to make a guild in RoM? Otherwise make your own one and be picky with who you let in.

I'm talking about the discussion in this thread. Everyone I've met in game has been cool, but there aren't any guilds with a shit ton of cool people like PA guilds are.

spookymuffin on
    edited July 2009
    Maybe I've just had bad experiences, but most PA guilds I have been in were riddled by inactivity after the initial 2 weeks. :? Might as well join an active guild and accept that there's some kids in it who would be banned from PA the moment they tried to post a reply.

Aldo on
    edited July 2009
    If you are looking for a game with possibly a good guild only WoW comes to mind.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]