As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Jump Ultimate Stars

15678911»

• Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Guys, I just ordered this game. Will it be an incredible mind-blowing experience?

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Its is by far one of the best games available on the DS.

and that is saying something.

edit:

Mike, thanks for the tips.

managed to beat both of them (and the other 2 I was missing).

Story Mode COMPLETE!

Now I just have to get through the tournament mode a few dozen more times to get the gems i need.

ManetherenWolf on
  • Options
    mikecantypemikecantype Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There's 74 premade decks to unlock through that mode, well that's the most I've got out of it.

So playing some randoms online today, there was this one match that was particularly interesting. There were three of us, me and the second player were duking it out and the third player was just standing there blocking and blocking, then the second player started to block and block, so naturally I joined in. So for the rest of the match the three of us just jumped around doing random select button moves and what not till the time ran out, thrust into sudden death we continued to do nothing resulting in a three way tie for first place. We did this for the next couple of rounds before somebody left. It was a mutual understanding of sorts.

mikecantype on
    ebi_pa_banner.jpg
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Hi guys. My gf came back from hong kong and brought this back as a surprise. <3
    I got immediately lost because I've never played JSS but I found this neat ol faq which basically translates everything, including mission objectives and whatnot. It's most important part is explaining deck creation and evolutions of all characters including help and support and what they can do. My only problem is working out which character is which of the series I don't know by the icons, since my japanese is really rusty and some of the names are in kanji. :(
    I skimmed through the thread but didn't see this faq so I'm posting it. It might be new?
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/portable/ds/file/jump_ultimate_stars.txt
    It's been handy so far.

It also explains all the premade decks.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    My friend code:

I'm sure there's a GO thread somewhere else, but I'm needy.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    It would be interesting to have series-themed battles. I.e. your deck has to be made completely out of characters from a single series.

For one thing, it'll isolate all those "broken" support characters from each other, and possibly force you to use crappy battle characters if you insist on using them, or in some cases, you can't (e.g. Seiya's the only battle char from Saint Seiya, so no 3koma Seiya)

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Okay, so I need some help. I tried making a custom deck for the J-universe mode, but apparently something's not compatible or whatever, because it keeps showing an orange symbol on the top deck screen with an exclamation mark on it. Is there any way to reset it?

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Dracil wrote:

For one thing, it'll isolate all those "broken" support characters from each other, and possibly force you to use crappy battle characters if you insist on using them, or in some cases, you can't (e.g. Seiya's the only battle char from Saint Seiya, so no 3koma Seiya)

So Seiya's the only character from St. Seiya? Man, that's dissapointing. I know it isn't a big series anymore, but there's so many great characters I would have loved to have seen them put in there.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Okay, so I need some help. I tried making a custom deck for the J-universe mode, but apparently something's not compatible or whatever, because it keeps showing an orange symbol on the top deck screen with an exclamation mark on it. Is there any way to reset it?

Every deck must have at least 1 battle character (4-8 koma), 1 support character (2-3 koma), and 1 help character (1 koma), and you must set a leader among your battle characters. Press L/R while editing your deck to pull up the tabs (L/R hotkeys, leader icon). It wouldn't accept my first custom deck for a while either as I didn't know these requirments at the time.

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007

Every deck must have at least 1 battle character (4-8 koma), 1 support character (2-3 koma), and 1 help character (1 koma), and you must set a leader among your battle characters. Press L/R while editing your deck to pull up the tabs (L/R hotkeys, leader icon). It wouldn't accept my first custom deck for a while either as I didn't know these requirments at the time.

Ooh thanks, I got it now.

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Finally beat the game and unlocked all the stages. Now I just need to collect enough gems to unlock all the characters and stuff, and beat J-Arena repeatedly to unlock all the decks.

Dracil on
    3DS: 2105-8644-6304
    Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
    MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
  • Options
    AlphaTwoAlphaTwo Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Woo. Game just arrived: Question: Is there a nice and tidy PDF guide for the game like the IGN one for the original?

AlphaTwo on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    How do I unlock more playable characters?

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    Thoughtless MuseThoughtless Muse Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    How do I unlock more playable characters?

Complete missions in J-Universe, fulfill certain conditions in most to unlock new characters. Evolve those characters with jewels.

This is the FAQ to use.

And do you new guys want to try some wifi against me? I'm rather experienced, but I can pretty much guarentee I'll be a much better opponent than the random people you'll meet online, they're in large part complete bastards.

My friend code is,

0602 1641 6694

Thoughtless Muse on
    GSCGyms.jpg
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    This may be horrible horrible necromancy but I just got this game and I love it.

And I suck at it.

Can anyone give me a little advice? My main problem is actually knocking other characters out. I only have two other characters unlocked; the weird little boy who summons the train and Neuro(?). I'm using them in a deck right now because they're so bizzare. I passed the first galaxy fine but I'm stuck on D Grayman's galaxy because I can't beat everyone quickly enough. Should I be trying to just throw them off the side? If so, what's the best way to do that?

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    This may be horrible horrible necromancy but I just got this game and I love it.

And I suck at it.

Can anyone give me a little advice? My main problem is actually knocking other characters out. I only have two other characters unlocked; the weird little boy who summons the train and Neuro(?). I'm using them in a deck right now because they're so bizzare. I passed the first galaxy fine but I'm stuck on D Grayman's galaxy because I can't beat everyone quickly enough. Should I be trying to just throw them off the side? If so, what's the best way to do that?
    All you can do is constant practice in the hyperboli.. err training mode until till your skill level gets high enough.

Also every time I see your name I think, "Magic Pink, it's the only gum the breath freshening power of ham! Yeah and it pinkens your teeth as you chew."

The_Spaniard on
    Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    All you can do is constant practice in the hyperboli.. err training mode until till your skill level gets high enough.

Also every time I see your name I think, "Magic Pink, it's the only gum the breath freshening power of ham! Yeah and it pinkens your teeth as you chew."[/QUOTE]

Ham gum named after me would be + +.

I would practice but the problem is I don't even know WHAT to practice. I really do suck that much.

I think I may google up some character specific faqs and go with that. I'm sure they'll have some combos or whatever in them.

Magic Pink on