As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Big smelly head [DOODLE] face with words that make me go ARAHAHREIAHRIA

• NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    IS there a good way to choose skin tones? This doodle sucks, but i'm just trying to explore the best way to get skin tones...like do you go midtone first? if so how would you select the highlight and shadow color? i Should add that i'm speaking more about comic type art and not necessarily realistic...though both would be nice. I guess i'm also assuming there's no crazy lighting effecting the skin color...
    doodle.jpg

NakedZergling on
  • worstcaseworstcase Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't know if this belongs here, but here is a 2 hour little teensie tiny oil painting. I know its not the greatest thing ever, but i still like it.

Sorry the lighting sucks. But any crits would be lovely

FarAwayRidingHood.jpg
    HereRidingHood.jpg

worstcase on
  • TamTam Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tam wrote: »
    beavotron wrote: »
    hahah prox, i love that.

i also like how wak uses different face shapes
    one thing that i think wak does really well is make his women look different facially.
    a lot of people get sort of stuck on one look and keep to it, but he experiments and i like that.

i giggle a little when people are like "no! perfect female facial proportions look like this! her chin is too boxy! her nose is too big/crooked!"
    the fact is, real people don't necessarily have perfect facial proportions.
    so long as you're placing things in the right place, some people have crooked noses, one lazy eye, droopy jowls, weak chins... that's what makes people interesting to look at.

Apparently, Elizabeth Hurley has nearly-perfect golden ratio proportions.

Which makes Hugh Grant's dalliance with hookers all the more baffling.

Well, I mean, that's because he's a dithering moron

Tam on
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    environments.jpg

TheBog on
    edited July 2009
    I really like that top right one. What are these for?

worstcase on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Thats looking awesome bog. I can't wait to see them inked/colored.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh they're not for anything in particular. I just thought I'd practice some nature-related environments since I never seem to.

TheBog on
  • winter_combat_knightwinter_combat_knight Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    worstcase wrote: »
    I don't know if this belongs here, but here is a 2 hour little teensie tiny oil painting. I know its not the greatest thing ever, but i still like it.

Sorry the lighting sucks. But any crits would be lovely

FarAwayRidingHood.jpg
    HereRidingHood.jpg

Ummm, how bout you post some paintings from 2009? :P
    Yeah the photos lighting is poor and they are too small to see what exactly is going on. For your next progress shot post a larger pic. Looks like a personal take on Red Ridiing Hood? Those are fun to do.

winter_combat_knight on
  • MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    He's obviously from the past, all I can say is move all your money from shares into gold, you'll thank me by early 2009.

Mustang on
    edited July 2009
    You've found me out! Curses!

I'll post a bigger version later, and yes it is little red riding hood! Everybody loves her. Except the wolf.

He never gets invited to parties.

worstcase on
  • HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hahah prox, i love that.

one thing that i think wak does really well is make his women look different facially.
    a lot of people get sort of stuck on one look and keep to it, but he experiments and i like that.

i giggle a little when people are like "no! perfect female facial proportions look like this! her chin is too boxy! her nose is too big/crooked!"
    so long as you're placing things in the right place, some people have crooked noses, one lazy eye, droopy jowls, weak chins... that's what makes people interesting to look at.

But I thought all women looked like female WoW characters!

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    sketch1.jpg
    sketch2.jpg
    sketch3.jpg
    sketch4.jpg
    sketch5.jpg
    sketch6.jpg

NakedZergling on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hahah prox, i love that.

gah, I remember when people kept complaining that I always draw the same faces over and over.

You people are messing with my mind.

Also, sweet doodles there zerg.

wakkawa on
    edited July 2009
    wakkawa wrote: »
    hahah prox, i love that.

gah, I remember when people kept complaining that I always draw the same faces over and over.

don't worry, beavo's wrong, you still draw the same faces over and over

Tam on
  • wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Thank you.

wakkawa on
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    hahah prox, i love that.

MOAR BLACK CHICKS

Metalbourne on
    edited July 2009
    I second that motion

Tam on
  • PROXPROX Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    foserious.jpg

PROX on
    edited July 2009
    ..... some people have crooked noses, one lazy eye, droopy jowls, weak chins...

that sounds like one hot bitch!!
    Wak- thanks!

NakedZergling on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    D-Robe wrote: »
    I have perfect facial proportions.

I have perfect hip-to-waist ratio. Or did, anyway. Don't know about now -- probably more like 0.75 as opposed to 0.7 on the dime.
    The rest of me, however, is a different story.

mully on
    edited July 2009
    Well you have purple hair for one thing

surprised you never got that pigment mutation checked out

Tam on
  • mullymully Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Maybe Grimace is my father! You don't know!

mully on
    edited July 2009
    Yes I do.

Tam on
    edited July 2009
    I saw a chick in dunkin donuts yesterday that had the craziest hourglass thing going on. Her hips and upper torso weren't large by any means (though she was rocking some solid Ds), but her waist was so small it was freaky. As a pig i was staring at her boobs at first but then as an artist i was staring at the fact her proportions didn't seem real. Her shoulders and hips both seemed to be about double that of her waist. It began to freak me out.

NakedZergling on
    edited July 2009
    Some (stupid) women still do the super-tight corset thing. Are you sure she wasn't wearing one of those underneath?

Tam on
    edited July 2009
    positive..she had a little spaghetti strap shirt on and pajama pants

NakedZergling on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    mully wrote: »
    Maybe Grimace is my father! You don't know!

Wait, wait, Grimace is supposed to be covered with fur? I always thought of him as being purple-skinned...

I mean, his eyelids are purple...are his eyelids furry?

Worlds...crashing....

mattharvest on
  • beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PROX wrote: »
    foserious.jpg

ya i no rite?

<3

beavotron on
  • D-RobeD-Robe Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    All the best lookin' ladies hang out at dunkin' donuts..

Also, those doodles are looking great, zerg.

D-Robe on
    Cheese.
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That batch of sketches is tight, Zergling.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2009
    Thanks Robe and Visti. Here's a digipainting i've been working on for half an episode of burn notice...
    WIP
    sketch28.jpg

NakedZergling on
    edited July 2009
    only if the robots have boobs.

pic129.jpg

Hey, this is shooting up the charts on DA. Bumped into in the most popular in the last 8 hours page, 3,614 views.
    I got 5 views on the last thing I posted on DA, awesome!

Mustang on
    edited July 2009
    Mustang wrote: »
    Hey, this is shooting up the charts on DA. Bumped into in the most popular in the last 8 hours page, 3,614 views.
    I got 5 views on the last thing I posted on DA, awesome!

My Michael Jackson paintings would only get about 8 views tops. Now they are well over 100! Maybe the key is to either draw hot babes, or draw people who will pass away in the next few months.

winter_combat_knight on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh shit WCK is a voodoo painter!

Flay on
    edited July 2009
    or involved in some sort of murder conspiracy to boost his DA views.

Mustang on
    edited July 2009
    :rotate::rotate::rotate:

Some sketches from last night. Getting bored with doing loads of anatomy studies, so im giving that a break and am ust going to start drawing for fun a little more.

11reur7.jpg

qs17if.jpg

winter_combat_knight on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    dude has some TIGHT pants. I'm wincing just looking at 'em.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    edited July 2009
    He's wearing Pilgrim jeans. Though tight, they are actually very comfortable. They are used by council workers because of their strength, comfort and compared to other jeans, they hardly make a dent in your bank account. 3 pairs for $40 (aus) is pretty damn good. Just dont expect them to impress ladies.

BTW, the dude is a picture of me in about 10 years :)

winter_combat_knight on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    God help your balls.

Prospicience on
    edited July 2009
    But think of the savings! You could buy bigger, more sturdy balls when you're paying $40 for 3 pair of jeans.

Mustang on
This discussion has been closed.