As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sarah Palin LOL

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm all for not liking a politician or his policies, but at least criticize him correctly. Call him a commy, comrade, the Black Marx, or Barrack HUSSEIN Ilich Lenin.

Hunter on
  • Options
    DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    What about the one where bush is a vampire about to bite the statue of liberty.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I wish I never would have given Hitler that time machine. He's stealing Obama's campaign!

His exploits were detailed in comic book form:
    deathdictator3.jpg

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Bush = a chimp is the best

It's kind of funny that the guy who doesn't believe in evolution looks a lot like a chimp.

Hunter on
  • Options
    augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Someone check the translation on that Klingon.

august on
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    man no wonder the germans lost the war, with those kind of calculations

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That's a lot of wasted resources.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    man no wonder the germans lost the war, with those kind of calculations

There has been no error!

JoeUser on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys remember when Obama was running and made a huge deal about Bush losing 1 million jobs.

Obama's lost 2 million more already.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    WASHINGTON — When U.S. House Minority Leader John Boehner told a newscaster Sunday that not a single stimulus-funded road contract in his home state of Ohio had been let, he was wrong.

The Ohio Department of Transportation has OK'd 52 stimulus-funded road and bridge projects at a cost of nearly $84 million.

Boehner told Fox News Sunday host Chris Wallace that in Ohio, "the infrastructure dollars that were sent there months ago," as part of the economic recovery package, "there hasn't been a contract let, to my knowledge."

Karl Frisch, senior fellow for Media Matters, a media watchdog group that monitors news reports, said it seemed that Boehner, a Republician from West Chester in southwestern Ohio, might want to be more aware of what's going on in his home state.

Frisch said he also wanted Wallace to have some basic facts on the stimulus spending in Ohio if he's going to interview Boehner on the topic.

"This is something pretty basic," said Karl Frisch, senior fellow at Media Matters. "If you're going to interview someone on stimulus funding, you should know something about it." Media Matters, a nonprofit "progressive research and information center," monitors daily newspapers, Sunday news talk shows, and other media outlets looking for and correcting conservative misinformation.

The aim is to put the spotlight on the media to smarten up to stop politicians from "twisting the facts to serve their own talking points," Frisch said.

Boehner spokeswoman Jessica Towhey did not return phone calls. Wallace did not respond to an email.

An ODOT spokesman called Boehner's statement "disappointing."

And Scott Varner noted that ODOT had just OK'd six more stimulus road projects which will cost about $43 million.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hunter wrote: »
    It's kind of funny that the guy who doesn't believe in evolution looks a lot like a chimp.

Why is that funny.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Why is that funny.

Well, his distant relative loves him for who he is even if George won't acknowledge him.

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Because chimps are dirty heathens

really they don't even bath or go to church

Weaver on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys remember when Obama was running and made a huge deal about Bush losing 1 million jobs.

Coming out of a George Bush economy. Your point will be relevant in 7 and a half years.

Tube on
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

There's a slight difference between someone being in charge for 8 years and helping set up (or allow to be set up) an economic collapse and someone who hasn't been in charge for even a year and is trying to stem the tide.

If you think that those 2 million jobs lost aren't a direct result of the economic policies of Bush and his ilk then you're a fucking retard.

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    CalliusCallius Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tube, why you gotta say what I say but way better?

Callius on
    tonksigblack.png
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Causation doesn't exist in politics

Only ZUUL

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    (Reuters) - A rogue trader has left a London-based oil brokerage with losses of almost $10 million following a series of unauthorised trades two days ago believed to have caused a spike in global crude prices.
    PVM Oil Futures Ltd issued a statement on Thursday after rumours of irregular trading swept through London and Asian oil markets the previous day.
    "PVM can confirm that it was the victim of unauthorised trading on Tuesday 30th June," the statement said.
    "As a result of a series of unauthorised trades, substantial volumes of futures contracts were held by PVM. When this was discovered, the positions were closed in an orderly fashion. PVM suffered a loss totalling a little under $10 million."
    The unauthorised trades on Tuesday are widely believed to have caused global crude oil prices to spike to their highest level in more than 8 months, in a move traders and analysts had previously struggled to explain.
    PVM said it was conducting a full investigation and that it had informed the UK Financial Services Authority (FSA) regulatory body, and the InterContinental Exchange (ICE) where the majority of North Sea Brent crude oil futures trade.
    The company did not name the person responsible for the trades. It said in its statement: "PVM expects the highest standards of conduct from its people and takes any contraventions of those standards extremely seriously."
    ICE declined to comment on the PVM situation, beyond saying its market surveillance team would investigate any unusual trading patterns. The FSA would not comment.
    In May, the FSA banned a former Morgan Stanley trader who built up a hefty unauthorised oil futures position following a long liquid lunch, before hiding the deals overnight.
    OIL PRICE SPIKE
    London Brent crude rose as high as $73.50 a barrel on Tuesday before reversing sharply. Brent crude oil is currently trading around $66.50 a barrel.
    A $2 price spike would have cost the world an extra $175 million on oil that day.
    Trade sources said PVM started contacting clients on Wednesday saying it was investigating unauthorised trades by a rogue broker.
    "I heard it from a PVM broker this morning. They called one of their own 'rogue' and said the broker lost money," said a Singapore-based trading source, who asked not to be named.
    Trading activity in Brent crude oil surged suddenly just before 0200 GMT on Tuesday, surprising traders accustomed to very small price moves during the relatively quiet Asian hours.
    More than 16 million barrels of Brent crude oil traded in the space of just over an hour, Reuters exchange data showed, unprecedented for a market that typically trades less than 1 million barrels before Europe opens.
    Barrels trade in 'lots' of 1,000 barrels a time.
    While the action occurred in the paper market, with no barrels of crude physically changing hands, the volume of crude traded during Asian trading was almost double the current daily output of Saudi Arabia, the world's largest oil exporter.
    For a graphic on five-minute activity from 0000 GMT click:
    http://graphics.thomsonreuters.com/079/AS_BRNTCR0709.jpg
    At the time, oil traders said the activity could have been related to end-of-quarter hedge fund positioning.
    But traders noted that bidding for large volumes of crude at a time of day when there were few traders in the market appeared illogical and would have unnecessarily inflated the purchase price for the buyer, suggesting either erroneous or ill-advised activity.
    PVM has a long history in the Brent market and is one of the biggest brokers, with daily turnover averaging more than 100 million barrels of over-the-counter (OTC) and oil futures, according to its website. http://www.pvmoil.co.uk/
    The group employs some 160 people worldwide, including 65 OTC brokers, 16 futures brokers, and 15 consultants.

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    CT I realize you are welsh or something so I will explain how it works here.

Congress controls the purse strings and oversees the financial system.

Congress has not even been uniformly republican since 2006.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Rogue trader, huh

Sounds neat

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    This is ... something.

Palin's Plan
    It was 1962. Richard Nixon had had enough. Enough of being called "Tricky Dick, the man no one would buy a used car from." Enough of the elitist derision that had come his way since the Hiss case. He had had enough of the liberal media who consistently held him to a higher standard than his Democratic opponents and poked fun at his lack of sophistication - he being the son of a grocer. So Nixon blew. He announced the end of his career in seeking elective office; "You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference." Six years later he was inaugurated as President of the United States.

And this:
    In fact, resignation as Governor was necessary to preserve any prospect that Palin could be nominated and elected in 2012 or beyond.

JoeUser on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    tl,dr... but what's $10M to an oil company? Isn't that like, if you had a nickel fall out of your pocket?

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Regardless though, all of Obama's economic recovery predictions turned out to be birdshit - as noted by most economists and the OMB at the time (who probably hate HOPE).

So now we're really up shit's creek and we supposedly need another economic stimulus package.

No.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    jwalk wrote: »
    tl,dr... but what's $10M to an oil company? Isn't that like, if you had a nickel fall out of your pocket?

They're profit last year was around 5.6m, they aren't one of the major companies

Weaver on
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2009
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Curse that elitist media we hath so carelessly wrought

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

So if Bush didn't do anything because congress controls the finances, how is Obama somehow worse for 2 million jobs lost to Bush's 1 million?

Hunter on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm just judging him by his own terms!

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Right and you specifically blamed Obama. Presumably he was the king of Congress during that time? I like Bush and am at best ambivalent about Obama but you're going to have to try harder than that.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Cite where he used said terms

Hunter on
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I read that article it's fucking stupid. Nixon was no country bumpkin. He was awkward but he was definitely an intellectual.
    Palin's stunning move guarantees an outsider strategy in which Palin is a "movement" but not a "party" candidate. No decision on running should be made until 2011 and focus must be on image repair. This is a woman who held off 36 year Senate vet Joe Biden in a 90 minute debate. She may just be up to the task.

Yeah because Joe Biden hasn't turned out to be a loose mouthed moron since he's got back into the spotlight. No not at all.

Butters on
    PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    FYI guys this is the end for Palin, she *might* win Iowa but that's it.

Unless it's revealed that she has cancer or something.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DislexicDislexic Creepy Uncle Bad Touch Your local playgroundRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow DeaconBlues you're an idiot.

Please stop posting.

Dislexic on
    batsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    JoeUser wrote: »
    This is ... something.

Palin's Plan
    It was 1962. Richard Nixon had had enough. Enough of being called "Tricky Dick, the man no one would buy a used car from." Enough of the elitist derision that had come his way since the Hiss case. He had had enough of the liberal media who consistently held him to a higher standard than his Democratic opponents and poked fun at his lack of sophistication - he being the son of a grocer. So Nixon blew. He announced the end of his career in seeking elective office; "You won't have Dick Nixon to kick around anymore because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference." Six years later he was inaugurated as President of the United States.
    And this:
    In fact, resignation as Governor was necessary to preserve any prospect that Palin could be nominated and elected in 2012 or beyond.
    Nixon was shrewd as fuck

Palin not so much, though.

If Watergate hadn't happened Nixon would probably have been remembered as one of the most succesful and certainly one of the most liberal Republican presidents in history.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty sure Biden has been a douche since he learned to speak

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Cite where he used said terms

Are you asking me to cite a campaign speech where he bemoans the jobs lost under Bush?

Because that would be, like... laughably easy to produce.

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

So if Bush didn't do anything because congress controls the finances, how is Obama somehow worse for 2 million jobs lost to Bush's 1 million?

because he's dirty liberal scum

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Did Deacon just compare Palin to Roslin?

Weaver on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    JoeUser wrote: »
    This is ... something.

Palin's Plan
    And this:
    Nixon was shrewd as fuck

Palin not so much, though.

If Watergate hadn't happened Nixon would probably have been remembered as one of the most succesful and certainly one of the most liberal Republican presidents in history.

I was always under the impression that the actual policies Nixon pushed through were what you'd expect from a an evil, lying, Republican

By my recollection, he was hardly liberal, though I'd be curious to see why you think that

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
This discussion has been closed.