As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

"We have a T-rex.." Or Games with Dinosaurs!

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Operation Genesis is fucking great if only for the fact that it's so easy to mod into a better game. Just go here and pick and basically pick and choose. The Genesis Exansion Mod is a compilation of a bunch of rad stuff people have made that is proven to work together in game, and you can still just open up one of a few hundred text files and change almost anything you want, with little to know programming knowledge required.

BloodySloth on
  • El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I miss the Jurassic Park pinball machine. The ball launcher was a gun trigger used to make your skill shot by aiming it at the dino on screen. Used to play it all the time at a convenience store across the street from my apartment. It's easily one of my top pinball machines (Addams Family is up there, too)

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Lezard ValethLezard Valeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gyral wrote: »
    Of course, how can you go wrong with Dino Crisis (1 and 2, 3 not so much).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNw58nU-p1Q

I´m happy to see than i´m not the only person in the world who liked Dino Crisis.

Lezard Valeth on
    firma1m.th.jpg
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    vrst wrote: »
    Jurassic Park on the SNES. No saves. That shit was hardcore.

video snip!

edit: It also had the shittiest ending in the history of video games.

Back when I was like 9 or 10, I played the shit out of that game. Going back to it now, I could really do without the horrible FPS sections inside buildings.

Seriously. My dad and I even called the Nintendo hotline or whatever about that one. Who does that to children??

TL DR on
  • MalaysianShrewMalaysianShrew Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I once sat down with a friend and tried to beat Jurassic Park for SNES. We "beat" it but then found out why there were those eggs you can collect: you have to collect all of them for the helicopter to come pick you up. Faced with hunting down 12 more eggs before the internet, we gave up.

MalaysianShrew on
    Never trust a big butt and a smile.
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Turok was pretty amazing. It started a huge hullabaloo of "Oh my GOD this is so VIOLENT!" and also the control scheme pretty much revolutionized FPS.

TL DR on
  • ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    also turok two multiplayer in my house was just screams of "STOP USING THE CEREBRAL BORE!!!"

Zephos on
    Xbox One/360: Penguin McCool
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Turok was pretty amazing. It started a huge hullabaloo of "Oh my GOD this is so VIOLENT!" and also the control scheme pretty much revolutionized FPS.

Turok was awesome. Turok 2 was almost awesome, but then you have "Save us, Turok!" and "Thank you, Turok!" and you just want to stab something.

Missions were not necessary in that game.

Both points are forgiven due to the inclusion of the Cerebral Bore.

My friends and I didn't shout that during the MP matches, Zephos. We just called it "The Magic".

Tamin on
  • BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Apparently one of the higher tier creatures in Supreme Commander 2 will be a giant cyborg dinosaur.

So uh, there we are.

BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • ThirithThirith Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zephos wrote: »
    Hah! holy cow look at this operation flashpoint mod...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuvbouwWDEg
    "UNKNOWN, DINOSAUR, AT, ELEVEN, O'CLOCK!" :P

Thirith on
    webp-net-resizeimage.jpg
    "Nothing is gonna save us forever but a lot of things can save us today." - Night in the Woods
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Has no one mentioned Turtles In Time, the game that not only featured pizza monsters, but also... DINOSAURS RIDDEN BY NINJA ROBOTS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0b5D2N-y1g

Plus, it has a full 3D remake coming out soon.

Edit: I have no idea how to imbed the video

Hensler on
  • MifioMifio MrrlendRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    When I saw this thread, the firstr thing that popped in my mind was a quote from JP2.

"Don't you think when the mommy sees us, shes gonna be like... grrrr... You?"

Mifio on
    steam_sig.png
  • JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sollah wrote: »

Oh my god...I...

...I thought I was the only one. That game ruled. Proof: there are dinosaurs with sunglasses and leather jackets in this game. Not quite flying an F14 but it was 1993.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• ZephosZephos Climbin in yo ski lifts, snatchin your people up. MichiganRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tamin wrote: »

Turok was awesome. Turok 2 was almost awesome, but then you have "Save us, Turok!" and "Thank you, Turok!" and you just want to stab something.

Missions were not necessary in that game.

Both points are forgiven due to the inclusion of the Cerebral Bore.

My friends and I didn't shout that during the MP matches, Zephos. We just called it "The Magic".

i mostly used it over and over and over and over on my little brother, so he probably was warranted in his complaints.

Zephos on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Whatever happened to that Far Cry Jurassic Park mod

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I once sat down with a friend and tried to beat Jurassic Park for SNES. We "beat" it but then found out why there were those eggs you can collect: you have to collect all of them for the helicopter to come pick you up. Faced with hunting down 12 more eggs before the internet, we gave up.

I did it once, but only succeeded because while mom was grocery shopping my brother and I would attempt to memorize sections of the Tips and Tricks magazine.

JPII for the SNES was rad, though, and almost as hard.

Delzhand on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    JohnHam wrote: »

Oh my god...I...

...I thought I was the only one. That game ruled. Proof: there are dinosaurs with sunglasses and leather jackets in this game. Not quite flying an F14 but it was 1993.

fuck

I fucking loved this game

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • darthmixdarthmix Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    marioonadinosaur.jpg

darthmix on
    edited July 2009
    i was curious how long it'd take someone to post yoshi.

Zephos on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Zephos wrote: »
    i never played trespasser... shame its probably impossible to find these days.
    It is not a shame. If I own the only copy in existence, it might actually be worth something. A man can dream...

Also: Tap, tap, tap. If I can have everyone's attention, I have a brief announcement to make.

SNES JP was so much better than Genesis JP.

That is all.

Monger on
  • That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    aspa wrote: »

I have been waiting for someone to bring that game up. It was good fun.

That_Guy on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    JohnHam wrote: »

Oh my god...I...

fuck

I fucking loved this game

Holy shit I almost thought I imagined this game

Jesus it was rad

Olivaw on
    signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
  • VistiVisti Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Trespasser

I love this game. I wish they'd release an uptodate version of this idea.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WulfWulf Disciple of Tzeentch The Void... (New Jersey)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Malkor wrote: »
    video snip!
    Back when I was like 9 or 10, I played the shit out of that game. Going back to it now, I could really do without the horrible FPS sections inside buildings.
    Why were the dinos exploding?!
    Dinosaurs are naturally explosive, thats why they make great gasoline!:lol:

Wulf on
    Everyone needs a little Chaos!
  • BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Trespasser's been getting a lot of "love" on these boards recently. It's kind of a shame that its crazy innovations were kind of overshadowed by how shitty and bug-ridden the gameplay was back in the day. A modern remake would still, a decade later, be seen as inventive compared to pretty much every other FPS release. They just need to make sure it plays like an actual game rather than the failed experiment that it is.

BloodySloth on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyone remember the JP PC game, Chaos Island or something it. It was kinda like and RTS, but had a bonus mission where you played as the T-Rex in California. You had to find your baby and got health back by eating hot dog carts. I played the heck out of it as a kid, well before I wrapped my head around the skills required of a RTS game.

YamiNoSenshi on
    edited July 2009
    Trespasser's been getting a lot of "love" on these boards recently. It's kind of a shame that its crazy innovations were kind of overshadowed by how shitty and bug-ridden the gameplay was back in the day. A modern remake would still, a decade later, be seen as inventive compared to pretty much every other FPS release. They just need to make sure it plays like an actual game rather than the failed experiment that it is.

Exactly. Ideas were awesome, game was completely and utterly broken. I just want a game where I can control my PC's hands - That idea in itself is awesome and would be with a modern execution.

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dehumanized on
  • corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I can't believe I'm the only one here who played/remembered this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt_aXsbWlow

corky842 on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Anyone remember the JP PC game, Chaos Island or something it. It was kinda like and RTS, but had a bonus mission where you played as the T-Rex in California. You had to find your baby and got health back by eating hot dog carts. I played the heck out of it as a kid, well before I wrapped my head around the skills required of a RTS game.
    Chaosisland-gamecover.jpg

This is the other JP game I still own.

Monger on
  • LaPuzzaLaPuzza Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wow, all my choices were taken:

Dino Park Tycoon - I think it was the best tycoon game. My strategy was to buy seeds and keep away from meat eaters. I would, inevitably, buy a T-Rex to up ticket sales, forget to buy meat, and have him eat a neighboring dino.

E.V.O. - I loved this game. I'm still disappointed that you have the best chance of beating the game not as a dino, but as a half-goat thing.

Jurassic Park SNES - Yeah, I beat it. when I was 12. Without hints. Who wants to touch me?

LaPuzza on
  • GunstarGunstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I recently beat the Genesis Jurassic Park on Grant mode, as the raft section game me a lot of trouble. I could do it on any day of the week on raptor, assuming i don't mess up some of those bullshit megaman jumps.

I mean jumps like this:

____

____

and you're in the middle, and have to get on top, and if you clip the side of the top one you go straight down into a pit.

I also beat the Jurassic Park on SNES by playing it a lot with my friends, drawing out the fps sections on graph paper, and taking notes. hXc kids.

Gunstar on
    greencall.gifredfist.gif
    Xbox : gunst4r
  • DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Carnivores was such a great game, for its time the atmosphere was great. I loved hunting those dino's :P

Dixon on
  • BurtletoyBurtletoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wulf wrote: »
    Malkor wrote: »
    video snip!
    Why were the dinos exploding?!
    Dinosaurs are naturally explosive, thats why they make great gasoline!:lol:

Ah yes, my documentary.
    I made this for public television, but they told me it was stupid and grossly inaccurate.

spaceghost2.jpg

Also: Jarrassic Park 2: The Chaos Continues for SNES was badass, but the anti-dinosaur guns were worthless and pointless since I don't think there was a single level where you needed to kill 100 dinosaurs with regular guns, even if you wanted to.

Burtletoy on
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Scribblenauts.

lzhbtrnzqon8xlxqta9fjnr.png

Zerokku on
  • darthmixdarthmix Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    c64001229.png

darthmix on
  • GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nobody's mentioned Star Fox Adventures: Dinosaur Planet so... I will.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGzFAKu9FAY

GreasyKidsStuff on
  • ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Did anyone mention WoW yet?

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    WOOO DINORUN

QUICKLY BEFORE THE ASTEROIDS GET HERE

MrMonroe on
    edited July 2009
    Anybody remember Bermuda Syndrome? My local library had it on a PC when I was a kid and I played it a lot.. Can't remember if it's any good, but dinosaurs! And Flashback ripping off!

86857.jpeg

696-1.jpg

Bermuda_syndrome.png

Visti on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]