As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Arcanum] We were unaware of any activity in the general vasectomy!

• Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Emzedoh wrote: »
    How do I uninstall the arcanum mods? The high res UI mod is giving me trouble.

Go into your Arcanum directory and run the file HighRes (The file you installed into the Arcanum directory when you first installed the high res mod). From there, you can uninstall the mod with the MS-DOSy interface.

Drew-B on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Okay whoever mentioned the dragon cave didn't mention that there is a level 30 dragon there who summons a level 35 fire elemental.

Reading that made me laugh, there was a horrible death I imagine?

Arrath on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arrath wrote: »
    L|ama wrote: »
    Okay whoever mentioned the dragon cave didn't mention that there is a level 30 dragon there who summons a level 35 fire elemental.

Reading that made me laugh, there was a horrible death I imagine?

Yep. Then the douche dragon passed out from fatigue. SO HELPFUL NOW.

L|ama on
  • Options
    EmzedohEmzedoh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Drew-B wrote: »
    Emzedoh wrote: »
    How do I uninstall the arcanum mods? The high res UI mod is giving me trouble.

Go into your Arcanum directory and run the file HighRes (The file you installed into the Arcanum directory when you first installed the high res mod). From there, you can uninstall the mod with the MS-DOSy interface.

Thanks.

Emzedoh on
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I was doing the Lethe Wyvern quest, and the dude giving it is all "After you take the picture, make sure you RUN AWAY! That thing is scary!"

Psh, that chump went down in ten seconds flat.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Why does it seem like Dog, though having an 18 speed rating, goes slower than everyone in my group?

Weapons speed is also a factor, in addition to natural speed.

Dog is an unarmed attack which is like 8 or 10 speed.

Meanwhile, something like a balanced sword is 16 or 18 speed... big difference.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I accidentally walked into The Boil at level 8. The guards here are dickwads.

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Those fucking thieves always ruined my shit. I made a point of going back there and bringing the pain after I'd cleared the sewers.

Arrath on
  • Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Are the sewers below Tarant the same ones that are connected below the two Boil bosses' houses?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No, the Boil-accessed ones are different.

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    Why does it seem like Dog, though having an 18 speed rating, goes slower than everyone in my group?

I mean running speed, not in combat speed. He seems to lag behind when I run from place to place.

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Craigopogo wrote: »

Oh my, I'll need to run through those other sewers then.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

I mean running speed, not in combat speed. He seems to lag behind when I run from place to place.

Short legs, like the dwarves and whatnot who always tend to lag behind because Troika's retarded with the little things.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    just got to ashbury and got my dawg

next time when i do an evil run i'm gonna skin that fuckin' gnome

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Time to go get me some tomes of knowledge

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Craigopogo wrote: »

Oh my, I'll need to run through those other sewers then.

It's actually the same sewer that runs under Tarant. It has four entrances, Water/Power building, both bosses in the Boil and near the gypsy.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    okay i figured
    cause damn the boil sewers were pretty big too, I was thinkin

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is there a good tech healer if Jayna refuses to hang with you on account of you're too awesome?

What I'm trying to say is a dude needs an evil tech healer, where does he go?

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Some of those fucking creatures in the Delve or whatever are total assholes

I need to gain a level

also I should probably buy my dudes some new weapons, they're kinda just hitting things with the kite daggers they so love to pick up all the damn time

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well yeah, because they always crit fail and drop any other weapon in the game.

Good thing they picked up those kite daggers!

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I just finished the quest for Sir Matt Cesare and
    I love how ambiguous it is. You got from being SURE you're going to be saving damsels in distress from twisted monstrosities to doubting if any of it's real, and what, if anything, is actually going on. Did you uncover the secret to the gnomes power in Tarant, or simply further the cover-up they concocted to hide what they're really up to? Great stuff.

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    how do i get into that quest? i'm looking or interesting shit to do in tarant

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so the manuals you buy from the university, how do I use it? like I bought the chemestry one and read it but it still lists my skill for it at 0.

Bucketman on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    it just needs to be sitting in your inventory

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    you keep them in your inventory

t orikae have you done the ren'ar siamese twins yet

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    how do tech healers work

do hey just make salves and stuff for you?

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Pretty much.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Their only use is preventing you from wasting points on the herbalism tech tree.

Oh, also carrying your stuff.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's never really a good idea to let NPC's carry tech healing items.. they tend to waste them.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    ah, well, virgil's major healing spell still works on me, so i guess i'll just keep him and sogg tagging along with me for now

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's going to start getting pretty bad at around 45-50 tech aura.

Really, that one measly point in Herbalism is going to buy you a lot, considering you won't have to tote Jayna around. Not that she's a bad follower, it's just that, especially later on in the game, you'll feel the impulse to replace her anyway for some of the cooler late-game followers.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    how do i get into that quest? i'm looking or interesting shit to do in tarant

There's a half-orc standing on the little island northeast of the telegram office, he asks you if you've met Cesare. There's also a halfling there who has a high reaction to you but always attacks me if I talk to him.

Craigopogo on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I may ditch Jayna and Virgil eventually. Maybe I'll get Magnus back with me.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    it's also a pretty efficient want to make some petty cash, since the herbs are sold by vendors for next to nothing (and you can find them all over), but the salvs can be sold for like 30 gold or something

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The problem is they stay at the same level, so if you do decide to go back and get them, they'll be level 2 or something

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Also it's funny that the orc companion (I forget his damn name already) is more deadly with his fists than with any weapon I try to give him.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The problem is they stay at the same level, so if you do decide to go back and get them, they'll be level 2 or something

Oh, seriously? Son of a bitch, I left him at level 10 or so and now I'm level 31. Fuck. Guess I'll just tote Jayna and Virgil around till I get someone better.

When can you get
    the Dwarven king to join you, anyway?

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    I haven't ran into him, so I can't say, sorry.

I know they stay the same level, because when I went back to see if I could get Sogg, he was level two...

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's going to start getting pretty bad at around 45-50 tech aura.

Really, that one measly point in Herbalism is going to buy you a lot, considering you won't have to tote Jayna around. Not that she's a bad follower, it's just that, especially later on in the game, you'll feel the impulse to replace her anyway for some of the cooler late-game followers.

i'll keep it in mind :)

although, i don't need that much healing, i've got a few salves on me and i abuse quicksaves :oops:

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    why do i click spoilers

:|

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png