As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

HDTV antenna suggestions

matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off'Points to 'on'Registered User regular
edited July 2009 in Help / Advice Forum
I've had a nice DLP set for a while, but had DirecTV so I never picked up an antenna for it, or even looked into them. I know it has an internal tuner, but I know next to nothing about which antennas for it are decent. The last time any TV I used had an antenna was... 1989, so I'm a bit out of the loop. Anyone have any suggestions?

nibXTE7.png
matt has a problem on

• Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just (like 3 hours ago) upgraded my shitty $16 Philips antenna with a powered Terk indoor antenna, and it's like night and day.

I used to have to dick around with the old one to switch between network and PBS, and this new one gets everything without fail. I've also picked up about 5 more OTA channels. Would absolutely recommend it. Bonus points because it doesn't look that stupid.

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    saltinesssaltiness Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I get 38 channels on my alu-foil-attached-to-a-coax-cable antenna, 32 of which are HD. So you could give that a shot before spending any money.

saltiness on
    XBL: heavenkils
  • Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I ended up buying the Terk. It picks up just about everything on the list of over-air channels where I live, except for two stations: ABC and CBS. Turns out, they're at 4.75kw and 8kw respectively, and 36 miles away being broadcast from the mast on the Sears Tower. Oddly enough, I can pick up another channel that's at 4.4kw being broadcast from the same place. Looks like I may have to invest in an outdoor antenna.

matt has a problem on
    nibXTE7.png