As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Arcanum] We were unaware of any activity in the general vasectomy!

• Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    These Dark Elves are couthless shitjackals. I JUST WANT TO KILL YOUR ANCESTORS AND TAKE THEIR SHIT WHY YOU GOTTA BE A DICK?

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so does Magnus ever learn to make anything better then those traps and that sword? I really want the goggled helmet but the bastard won't take the 2 more points to the eye gear

Bucketman on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bucketman wrote: »
    so does Magnus ever learn to make anything better then those traps and that sword? I really want the goggled helmet but the bastard won't take the 2 more points to the eye gear

I think you just need to let him level up, since you unfortunately have no control over what he picks.

Moriveth on
  • scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What's the point of the Women's camp on the Isle of Despair, I got yelled at by Stiles when I killed one of them, but there doesn't seem to be anything important

scarlet blvd. on
  • artifexiteartifexite Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think Magnus goes up to the fourth level in mechanical and smithy. I know on a tech character, I keep him around until he can do feather weight axes and skeleton keys, but I'm pretty sure he goes a level higher than that.

artifexite on
  • KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think it is part of the gnome conspiracy.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What's the point of the Women's camp on the Isle of Despair, I got yelled at by Stiles when I killed one of them, but there doesn't seem to be anything important

You can talk to a woman in the exile camp there and help her escape to the women's camp.

Moriveth on
  • TankHammerTankHammer Atlanta Ghostbuster Atlanta, GARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moriveth wrote: »

You can talk to a woman in the exile camp there and help her escape to the women's camp.

Or you can give her a shoddy gun and tell her to bust out on her own and watch her get torn to shreds by the guards.

TankHammer on
  • scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Or you can give her a shoddy gun and tell her to bust out on her own and watch her get torn to shreds by the guards.

So fun.

scarlet ave. on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Craigopogo wrote: »
    how do i get into that quest? i'm looking or interesting shit to do in tarant

There's a half-orc standing on the little island northeast of the telegram office, he asks you if you've met Cesare. There's also a halfling there who has a high reaction to you but always attacks me if I talk to him.

You've got to keep trading insults with him until he stops to get master or expert training in something, you probably need a few points in persuasion to do that though.

L|ama on
  • EmzedohEmzedoh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Quick question, do you need to have a party spot open to get Thorvold Two-Stones off of the Isle of Despair?

Emzedoh on
  • Cosmic SombreroCosmic Sombrero Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    As a Half-Orc, is it worth it to pump Charisma so you can pick up more followers?

Cosmic Sombrero on
  • OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    i love this game. so, so much.

what do i need to do to be able to make bullets? pump my intelligence? my explosives skill?

Orikaeshigitae on
    edited July 2009
    i love this game. so, so much.

what do i need to do to be able to make bullets? pump my intelligence? my explosives skill?

its a scehmatic, fairly low grade. I had only 1 point in explosives but I think its considered a gun skill. Charcol and Saltpeter so stock up now.

Bucketman on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nah, you need 1 point in explosives or chemistry, I can't remember which. Charcoal you can get from rubbish bins, and saltpetre is fairly common from vendors. You can buy the schematic from shopkeepers in tarant, and then try and make it and it'll tell you what you're missing.

L|ama on
    edited July 2009
    Some schematics require points in both trees, when you go to the schematic you'll see the materials required and each to next material is usually a picture representing the tree needed (for example: a flask for the chemistry tree, a gun for the firearms tree, and so on)

scarlet blvd. on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    buy the schematic from a vendor in tarant, the gun one i think, he may or may not have it in stock. you need one point in explosives to make them

also, my dog died and i saved before i noticed. :(

i think he died in the
    one tomb full of skeletons, where the guy wants you to go get dragon's blood for him. there's a resurrection spell, right? can i get a scroll of that somewhere and get back to him before his body is gone?

:(

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
    edited July 2009
    Ugh fuck Seething Masses and Rock anythings. Fuck them.

Also I wish this game gave 2 points per level and 3 every 5. Theres too many things I want

Bucketman on
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well, shit.

Late-ish game spoilers:
    So, Virgil died. Left the group, then I found him in the Sobbing Onion basement, sans life. There's a nearby scroll of resurrect, but my character is 100% tech and can't cast the scroll at all. Son of a whore.

Poorochondriac on
  • ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Ugh fuck Seething Masses and Rock anythings. Fuck them.

Also I wish this game gave 2 points per level and 3 every 5. Theres too many things I want

So many broken weapons on those bastards :x

Arrath on
  • FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    no body, just a bunch of junk piles... i guess it's too late for my doggie. :cry:

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    time to play disssss

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited July 2009
    just starting out on the Thieves' Guild.

Super disappointed in virgil and jayna though. I can't wait to ditch them for proper minions.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    [
    When can you get
    the Dwarven king to join you, anyway?
    After you go to T'sen Ang and learn what happend to the Black Mountain Clan. That is, assuming you talked him out of the Dredge.

Craigopogo on
    edited July 2009
    My barbarian horde idea was foiled when it turned out Gar would only join a good character. Ugh.

artifexite on
    edited July 2009
    Trying to stay somewhat neutral by playing a character who tends only to do things that offer ample reward. Having trouble deciding who to give Bessie Toone's mind to...

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Trying to stay somewhat neutral by playing a character who tends only to do things that offer ample reward. Having trouble deciding who to give Bessie Toone's mind to...
    I'm pretty sure her son gives you more money.

Iron Weasel on
    Currently Playing:
    The Division, Warframe (XB1)
    GT: Tanith 6227
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty sure her son gives you more money.

He does, but what's 500gp?

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You get quite a bit more xp from Sarah.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
    edited July 2009
    exactly.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • CraigopogoCraigopogo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You also get
    a magic sword from Sarah, but you wouldn't know that ahead of time; I don't know how far you want to RP it.

Craigopogo on
    edited July 2009
    feeling retarded. where the hell is the fuel schematic

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • snapsnap Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    feeling retarded. where the hell is the fuel schematic

I believe I got mine from the lady just east of Doc Roberts in Shrouded Hills. The one that sells herbs and medicines and such and wants her medallion of Na'tal.

snap on
  • augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    There's one at the herbalist's shop in Shrouded Hills.

august on
    edited July 2009
    west, sorry.

snap on
    edited July 2009
    thanks!

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
    edited July 2009
    If you can't do the quest for the mayor of Ashbury because you can't convince him, then when you talk to him again, he yells at you and his reaction goes down by 5 each time until he decides to attack you

scarlet blvd. on
    edited July 2009
    This is my third play through--and i'm still finding new things. God.

This is easily on my top five favorite games of all time.

snap on
    edited July 2009
    last night i discovered the secret path in the dragons lair.

And I got a book! Too bad its just for flavor appearently

Bucketman on
    edited July 2009
    Actually, you can use that book in the end game. Too bad you can't use the one you get in
    Stonecutter Clan
    similarly.

artifexite on