As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SUCCESSION GAME ON] Civilization IV: Yes, you too can rule Pisswater

123457»

• Options
    FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Huzzah!

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Archery is only worth it if you want Horse Archers, which I sometimes do. Eventually I get in as a throw in from an AI in a trade.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    AntithesisAntithesis Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I just had a quick question about Civ IV in general:

Installing Civ IV and both expansions, will the content from both expansions be there if I load from the original game's .exe/CD? Or do I have to use the Beyond the Sword .exe/CD?

Also- Colonization is a completely separate game?

... I am about to spend a lot of time playing this.

Antithesis on
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I think you have to use the BTS .exe and CD to get expansion content. Note that BTS includes everything from Warlords except the scenarios, so you don't really need Warlords. Colonization is a completely separate game.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    RBachRBach Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    I think you have to use the BTS .exe and CD to get expansion content. Note that BTS includes everything from Warlords except the scenarios, so you don't really need Warlords. Colonization is a completely separate game.

Yep, you need the BTS disc for the BTS content (and likewise with Warlords), and Colonization is completely separate. I'm not even sure why it has Civ 4 in the title...they're pretty different game, really.

RBach on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Your succession game is glorious to read, I must say.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    RBach wrote: »

Yep, you need the BTS disc for the BTS content (and likewise with Warlords), and Colonization is completely separate. I'm not even sure why it has Civ 4 in the title...they're pretty different game, really.

I think it's for copyright reasons. I thought I heard Sid had gotten all his old license back, but I'm not sure where the various old Microprose strategy game licenses are.

Also Colonization has some...curious design decisions. Mostly the rate at which the King increases the REF is silly and discourages big sprawling colonies in favor of very small heavily armed colonies. Which sucks for us builders.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    RBachRBach Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    There are mods that tweak that, though. Yay, mods. :)

RBach on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Basil wrote: »
    Your succession game is glorious to read, I must say.

That's because these are the best free forums in existence.

In existence, I say.

joshofalltrades on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited March 2009
    So... what's happening with the game? who has it, whose turn is it, and all that stuff?

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2009
    I was just wondering that myself.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Options
    a5ehrena5ehren AtlantaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2009
    Not sure, but I'm going to be away for the next week, so skip me if it gets back around.

a5ehren on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just want to bump this thread to say that I love this game, and I am pretty awful, and Caeser(both of them) are tools.

But that won't stop me!

Xtarath on
  • Options
    Quake MattQuake Matt Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd like to contribute to Xtarath's bumping and say it's a damn shame we let this die.

Does anybody still have hold of the latest save?

Quake Matt on
  • Options
    XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Even if we don't get the succession game going again, it'd still be cool to play some games with you guys. I tire of Gandhi always being a douche.

Xtarath on
  • Options
    StreltsyStreltsy Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Quake Matt wrote: »
    Does anybody still have hold of the latest save?

joshofalltrades should have the last save, I remember emailing it to him. I don't have it myself since I reinstalled my PC a while ago and didn't bother backing up Civilization saves.

Streltsy on
    410239-1.png