As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

• Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sleep wrote: »
    Pata wrote: »
    Such difficulties in voting.

And which choice will benefit my family? I don't know. All seem attractive, but which one will slay my enemies?
    Your metroids are the true enimies and I will slay them

Can't anyone see, this is a choice between a power mad dictator, a foolish weakling and I, a protector of the land.

And still, no one else has said what they will do about the metroid invasion.

Zombie Invasion > Metroid Invasion
    But if unchecked the metroids will fuse with the zombies to create Metroid zombies, which will destroy every thing we have worked so hard to build. If we keep the attack the metroids first this will not happen

Digger Dude on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Our lives are definitly forfeit once thorgot takes the throne, so we're back at Lion or Kitten again.

Whoever called me a kitten was exaggerating. precisionk and I have almost identical platforms, except precisionk has been shown to be insane at times in previous games.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    But if unchecked the metroids will fuse with the zombies to create Metroid zombies, which will destroy every thing we have worked so hard to build. If we keep the attack the metroids first this will not happen

That is a possibility of an awesomness of epic proportions. Dear God. Don't stop it. I want to see it.

Sheep on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Here is my plan for the first day, should I be elected: There shall be a public vote, using bolded red. Whoever "wins" that vote shall be executed in the name of the Wang Dynasty, regardless of who it is. Anybody who votes for me today gets two votes in the execution vote tomorrow.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    You have made no promises either way as to if people are safe whether or not they vote for you, if I recall correctly. You have claimed you will make "every" noble happy, but we all know that's not possible as people are going to die one way or another. How will you please everyone when you have the choice of who lives and dies?

Besides, I reside in the fierce winter regions. Metroids are of no concern.

Of course I can make people happy by killing them, I happen to know precisionk is quite suicidle, even If he dose not admit it.

And even if you do live in the winter regions, The metroids will still destroy our farms and with that you won't have any food, eventualy dieing of starvation. Thier are only so many yaks up in that mountian.

I never claim to not be suicidal. I believe my actions speak louder then words in my past Phalla's. People have known me to be a great boon or a great enemy. It all depends on how our cards fall. I have certainly earned the respect of my enemies and allies, enough to be considered a leader. I believe I deserve that much.

It's okay to admit it here precisionk, I know how you feel, your need for the cold embrace of death, you don't need to hide it anymore, just vote for me and I will do what you can't do yourself.

Digger Dude on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I, !grudgingly, vote for Thorgot

Frosteey on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Our lives are definitly forfeit once thorgot takes the throne, so we're back at Lion or Kitten again.

Whoever called me a kitten was exaggerating. precisionk and I have almost identical platforms, except precisionk has been shown to be insane at times in previous games.

There is a difference, however, and that is that people will generally trust me, despite my consistent insanity. This is due to the fact, I can be a great source of networks already in progress (like the ones already up in this game) as well as by nature, most people don't like me.

I like to play the bad guy. I give the game that little extra injection of uncertainty to otherwise plain game. Like I have said before, I never play the same way twice no matter what role I have.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    Here is my plan for the first day, should I be elected: There shall be a public vote, using bolded red. Whoever "wins" that vote shall be executed in the name of the Wang Dynasty, regardless of who it is. Anybody who votes for me today gets two votes in the execution vote tomorrow.

The way to vote shall be "I vote xxxxxx for execution", or something similar. People who voted me can say "I vote xxxxxx for execution twice", or "I vote xxxxxx for execution and I vote yyyyyyy for execution".

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Frosteey, by what method do you vote for Thorgot? we can hardly debate such a simple sentence.

Precisionk, a network already? The chips will lie soon enough. Wonder what the historians will find out soon enough, and who....they will tell.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, how can I resist such an offer?

I vote for thorgot

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
    edited March 2007

There is a difference, however, and that is that people will generally trust me, despite my consistent insanity. This is due to the fact, I can be a great source of networks already in progress (like the ones already up in this game) as well as by nature, most people don't like me.

I like to play the bad guy. I give the game that little extra injection of uncertainty to otherwise plain game. Like I have said before, I never play the same way twice no matter what role I have.

Careful claiming to have a network; other people might realize that you having a network they are not in increases the chances you are in different families. And careful claiming to have a brother; the other brothers would know for certain you are against them.

So are you claiming to have a "network", or to have "cronies"?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Frosteey, by what method do you vote for Thorgot? we can hardly debate such a simple sentence.

Precisionk, a network already? The chips will lie soon enough. Wonder what the historians will find out soon enough, and who....they will tell.

Lets just say I am aware of two networks. One for each family. And no, I do not have a secret lover or a brother on the side of the network.

precisionk on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

Well, basically, both of their avatar's creep me out to the same degree, but Thorgot's sig helps to alleviate some of the creepiness of his avatar, making my choice clear.

Frosteey on
    edited March 2007

Lets just say I am aware of two networks. One for each family.

Now he just spins lies, desperate for attention. And now you know that he has a very specific plan that involves nobody but himself and his enemies, who could be your family.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007

That is a possibility of an awesomness of epic proportions. Dear God. Don't stop it. I want to see it.
    We must if we want to live.

Digger Dude on
    edited March 2007
    Hrmm 2 networks? one from each family? Wonder how that will work, for we can only have one emperor on the throne.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007

Now he just spins lies, desperate for attention. And now you know that he has a very specific plan that involves nobody but himself and his enemies, who could be your family.

You are to believe what you want to believe. There certainly are some tasty targets voting for you Thorgot. That is all I will say.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007

We must if we want to live.

Then I will die by having my life force and my brains simotaneously drained by the glorious Metrombie hybrid.

Sheep on
    edited March 2007
    I'm so glad we have insane people in this here phalla...just wouldnt be right playing a normal game!

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

You are to believe what you want to believe. There certainly are some tasty targets voting for you Thorgot. That is all I will say.

If I didn't know better I'd say you're more concerned with revenge killings than wiping out the other family.

Zek on
    edited March 2007

Now he threatens those who vote for democracy, though unable to use anything but words against the people.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    While we might have heard thorgot's plans for the first day, I'm very interested in seeing what you propose, precisionk. What do you have in mind, should you be elected?

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    Maybe he's serving both goals? killing someone who is fvoting against him AND wiping out the other family

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »

If I didn't know better I'd say you're more concerned with revenge killings than wiping out the other family.

Political power used for personal gain!

PrecisionK? More like PrecisionBush. Olo mirite?

Sheep on
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »

My only concern is to win the game for my family. However I accomplish that, will be my doing.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    And how do you intend to accomplish that, at least on your first day? thorgot has made it very clear what he intends to do; we are not in for any nasty surprises should he be voted in.

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    Let's all bear in mind, Deep down, Thorgot plans to do the same thing. Those who vote with him, if they are of the other family, will die. Loyalty matters only among family members.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007
    While we might have heard thorgot's plans for the first day, I'm very interested in seeing what you propose, precisionk. What do you have in mind, should you be elected?

My plans are simple:

Democracy is for the weak. I will rule this as an Empire. What I feel is the best for the empire, shall be. Whomever votes against me, votes against the Empire.

I plan to pave the way for a VERY interesting game, with or without some of your help. If you would like to see what would happen if everyone voted for me....well...lets just say it would be a first in Phalla history.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    My question Thorgot, is what if the people....vote for you.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007
    That's not a question for me, that's a question for Aroduc.

And he said: yes, barring them being re-elected that day.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007

As stated before, I get to double vote your ass into the guillotine.

:-D

Sheep on
    edited March 2007
    Also, do you really want something like this as your leader?

tigertongue.jpg

I promise I will not stick out my tongue like that; I doubt precisionk can make any such promise.

This would be called "an extra incentive to elect thorgot today." :)

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    How plainly stated, precisionk. You must be a fan of the works of Shan Yu. =P

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    No guys, what if thorgot gets the seal, then everyone votes for thorgot... will he stand to his laws? or be judged as a heathen. i say, if thorgot wins this, everyone vote to execute him. we shall see if he is true to his word.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    Well, the final decision is still the person in office, but barring them being elected again (and thus immune to death for that night), I'll say that they can order themselves to death.

And also, since that put me into thinking other ways the elected person can die. If they're one of the lovers, and on the night they're elected (immune to death), their lover dies, then they will commit suicide to join them. That's the only way the elected person can die on the night of their election. That's the only way the person elected can die.

Of course, on their way out of office, they're fair game.

Aroduc on
    edited March 2007
    No guys, what if thorgot gets the seal, then everyone votes for thorgot... will he stand to his laws? or be judged as a heathen. i say, if thorgot wins this, everyone vote to execute him. we shall see if he is true to his word.

Coming from somebody who isn't voting for me, this looks like one vote to execute myself. Sorry, I can't hear you very well. Maybe you should vote for me today if you want to influence my decision tomorrow?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Thorgot you are completely bypassing the question.

Will you put the blade to your neck, if all those people that you let vote, vote for you?

Or will you back down? its s imple yes or no question

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007

I promise I will not stick out my tongue like that; I doubt precisionk can make any such promise.

This would be called "an extra incentive to elect thorgot today." :)

I actually like the picture. Because it imposes that I am indeed a tiger, which I am. I am fearless, cunning and will kill people to get the job done that needs to be done.

If you want this as a leader:

skunk.jpg

Vote Thorgot.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    Besides

cat.jpg

Explain yourself kitten!

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!