As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

• cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thorgot's got way too many tricks up his sleeve. No one knows what he's planning until he's planned it. I'd rather go with someone who's already made it clear what he's got planned, rather than leaving it in the hands of the masses who could do anything at anytime to anyone.

Tl;dr: empire > democracy.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Thorgot you are completely bypassing the question.

Will you put the blade to your neck, if all those people that you let vote, vote for you?

Or will you back down? its s imple yes or no question

Actually, the way you phrased it, it wasn't a simple yes/no. I thought I already answered the question, but the answer is yes, I would have myself executed.

I don't see why so many people would vote for me today would want me dead tomorrow, but if everybody decides to make me kill myself, I see no reason not to. The vigilantes would get me if I didn't, anyways.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Thorgot's got way too many tricks up his sleeve. No one knows what he's planning until he's planned it. I'd rather go with someone who's already made it clear what he's got planned, rather than leaving it in the hands of the masses who could do anything at anytime to anyone.

Ah, but unless you are part of precisionk's "network", it is more likely he is against you than for you.

Your knowledge of precisionk's plans (which he has not made public) makes me rather uneasy...

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    While we might have heard thorgot's plans for the first day, I'm very interested in seeing what you propose, precisionk. What do you have in mind, should you be elected?

My plans are simple:

Democracy is for the weak. I will rule this as an Empire. What I feel is the best for the empire, shall be. Whomever votes against me, votes against the Empire.

I plan to pave the way for a VERY interesting game, with or without some of your help. If you would like to see what would happen if everyone voted for me....well...lets just say it would be a first in Phalla history.

So, let me get this straight, from the perspective of a voter.

*precisionk will do anything it takes to make his family win, whether or not he's in my family.

*Thorgot will allow me to vote in the interests of my own family, even if he turns out to be my enemy.

Is that the gist of it?
    Let's all bear in mind, Deep down, Thorgot plans to do the same thing. Those who vote with him, if they are of the other family, will die. Loyalty matters only among family members.

Thorgot said himself he'll kill as his supporters tell him to. We'll know right away if he goes back on that and can vote him out of office the next day. precisionk makes no guarantee in the first place, so I think it's clear which deal is better.

Zek on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    Thorgot you are completely bypassing the question.

Will you put the blade to your neck, if all those people that you let vote, vote for you?

Or will you back down? its s imple yes or no question

Actually, the way you phrased it, it wasn't a simple yes/no. I thought I already answered the question, but the answer is yes, I would have myself executed.

I don't see why so many people would vote for me today would want me dead tomorrow, but if everybody decides to make me kill myself, I see no reason not to. The vigilantes would get me if I didn't, anyways.

It is the life of the bold. Only the most fearless will ask to be the leader. Despite the outcome, I give props to Thorgot and to a lesser extent Digger for having the balls to step forward to challenge for the Throne.

Give the Throne of an Empire to an Emperor, not a Democracy that will go nowhere.

precisionk on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007

Ah, but unless you are part of precisionk's "network", it is more likely he is against you than for you.

Your knowledge of precisionk's plans (which he has not made public) makes me rather uneasy...

He clearly just said what he would do: act as an empire.

I'm siding with him primarily because I don't trust you.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2007
    I am not a skunk.

I am instead burning with the flame and passion of democracy!!
    firecatje3.jpg

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Cowboybot67Cowboybot67 Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Man am I gonna laugh my ass off when thorgot summarily executes everyone who voted for him..

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007

He clearly just said what he would do: act as an empire.

I'm siding with him primarily because I don't trust you.

That's my point. He said he will act as an emperor. Which basically means his whim will be law. Is that what you trust? precisionk's whim?
    Man am I gonna laugh my ass off when thorgot summarily executes everyone who voted for him..

That will not happen. Democracy will happen. My reign will not be a very short one if I ignore the people, eh?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Likewise for precisionk, cowboybot.

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    You know, I think we are at an empasse...the people would benefit from Thorgot and Precision saying which family they come from...Give the people a reason to trust them...familial ties and all that.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    While we might have heard thorgot's plans for the first day, I'm very interested in seeing what you propose, precisionk. What do you have in mind, should you be elected?

My plans are simple:

Democracy is for the weak. I will rule this as an Empire. What I feel is the best for the empire, shall be. Whomever votes against me, votes against the Empire.

I plan to pave the way for a VERY interesting game, with or without some of your help. If you would like to see what would happen if everyone voted for me....well...lets just say it would be a first in Phalla history.

*precisionk will do anything it takes to make his family win, whether or not he's in my family.

*Thorgot will allow me to vote in the interests of my own family, even if he turns out to be my enemy.

Is that the gist of it?
    Let's all bear in mind, Deep down, Thorgot plans to do the same thing. Those who vote with him, if they are of the other family, will die. Loyalty matters only among family members.

Thorgot said himself he'll kill as his supporters tell him to. We'll know right away if he goes back on that and can vote him out of office the next day. precisionk makes no guarantee in the first place, so I think it's clear which deal is better.

Here is the funny thing:

Sure he lets you get to vote for whomever you want. Doesn't mean who you want to die, will die. Basically its a carrot on a string for you to vote for him. If you like to think you actually have some "say" in what happens, it is minute at best. At best, its going to just cause a lot of fighting on who to kill who. And despite it all, he could just simply say "Oh, well I lied, XXX you die."

I simply state: I will run this as an Empire and my sole decision will cause turbulence. Sure it will be all on my head and I am actually taking the pressure of death off of others. I simply state: People who vote for me will not die. They are rewarded with life for there respect and duty.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    Is that what you trust? precisionk's whim?

I trust it more than all this shadow-playing, yes.

Word.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2007
    Here is the funny thing:

Sure he lets you get to vote for whomever you want. Doesn't mean who you want to die, will die. Basically its a carrot on a string for you to vote for him. If you like to think you actually have some "say" in what happens, it is minute at best. At best, its going to just cause a lot of fighting on who to kill who. And despite it all, he could just simply say "Oh, well I lied, XXX you die."

I simply state: I will run this as an Empire and my sole decision will cause turbulence. Sure it will be all on my head and I am actually taking the pressure of death off of others. I simply state: People who vote for me will not die. They are rewarded with life for there respect and duty.

Perhaps you misunderstood, which you often seem to do. I will kill exactly who the people vote for every day until I leave office. This isn't "some say," this is "all the say."

If I don't follow through on my promise (and I swear, I will), obviously I won't be reelected, and will be killed by my successor. Precisionk's promise is that he will kill you and your family.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I would rather have the illusion of choice than none at all.

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »

My plans are simple:

Is that the gist of it?

Here is the funny thing:

Listen, it's very simple. We're all voting without any knowledge of who is in what family. Either of you could be my enemy. I'll assume that in either case it's a 50/50 chance. I want a leader that will not work against my family. If I vote for you, there's a 50% chance you'll be actively trying to make me lose. If I vote for thorgot, his workings are out in the open no matter what side he's on. The decision is pretty obvious to me.

Zek on
    edited March 2007
    Maybe you dont understand sir, Your words, are as hollow as anyone elses, he is pointing that out.

this is so much fun
    Man...ardouc is prolly cracking up right now...

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007
    Here is the funny thing:

Perhaps you misunderstood, which you often seem to do. I will kill exactly who the people vote for every day until I leave office. This isn't "some say," this is "all the say."

If I don't follow through on my promise (and I swear, I will), obviously I won't be reelected, and will be killed by my successor. Precisionk's promise is that he will kill you and your family.

So basically you are giving up your duty as leader, to all others to do the dirty work so you sound clean? So you will stand back and watch as random people vote randomly off your own family members? Sounds to me like you care not for your family to win, but your own survival.

And to add, yes I am in it to WIN for my family. That is the point of the game after all. Not "Hey Gayz, Letz all protend we r congruss and vote liek a democracy"

precisionk on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Besides

cat.jpg

Explain yourself kitten!

actioncatkd0.jpg

Not voting for Thorgot embolden's the terrorists.

Sheep on
    edited March 2007
    Here is the funny thing:

So basically you are giving up your duty as leader, to all others to do the dirty work so you sound clean? So you will stand back and watch as random people vote randomly off your own family members? Sounds to me like you care not for your family to win, but your own survival.

That's a mighty good point. It seems no matter who you are, you will be under the axe, if the man who ENCOURAGES mob mentality holds sway.

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007
    I just get the impression that thorgot knows more than he's letting on, and is deliberately setting up something.

I could be totally off base, and maybe even suspect of someone I shouldn't be, but that's the feeling I'm getting and I'm staying with it.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2007
    its still early in too. I believe its 8 more hours to the vote? And I gotta go home...

none of you kill each other till I get there plz!

Cowboybot67 on
    Cowboybot.png
    Yar!
    edited March 2007
    I just get the impression that thorgot knows more than he's letting on, and is deliberately setting up something.

I could be totally off base, and maybe even suspect of someone I shouldn't be, but that's the feeling I'm getting and I'm staying with it.

You have the wrong impression. In fact, I believe the best way to help my family is to have this open government.
    its still early in too. I believe its 8 more hours to the vote? And I gotta go home...

none of you kill each other till I get there plz!

It closes in 6 hours, I believe.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote for thorgot[/QUOTE]
    'cause bandwagons are easy, and I've been hella busy today.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I simply state: People who vote for me will not die. They are rewarded with life for there respect and duty.

Even if they're from another family? If so, that's...intriguing...

Dizzen on
  • SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2007
    Dizzen wrote: »
    I simply state: People who vote for me will not die. They are rewarded with life for there respect and duty.

It's also a lie. The end game of these two politicians is to slaughter their adversaries. PrecisionK simply can not promise to spare anyone. It's political conjecture.

Sheep on
    edited March 2007
    It's a lie that both sides have made already.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2007
    Sleep wrote: »

It's also a lie. The end game of these two politicians is to slaughter their adversaries. PrecisionK simply can not promise to spare anyone. It's political conjecture.

It is a common sense that we both want to slaughter the other sides families. Who wouldn't? Absolutely I can promise to spare people and I will. Had this been day 7, obviously all bets are off. I am direct and to the point. I may kill someone against my family and I may kill someone who is my family. There is no doubt about that. I am direct and to the point. I don't screw around with this "Lets vote because its the America way". This is an Empire, not a knitting circle.

precisionk on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Sleep wrote: »

It is a common sense that we both want to slaughter the other sides families. Who wouldn't? Absolutely I can promise to spare people and I will. Had this been day 7, obviously all bets are off. I am direct and to the point. I may kill someone against my family and I may kill someone who is my family. There is no doubt about that. I am direct and to the point. I don't screw around with this "Lets vote because its the America way". This is an Empire, not a knitting circle.

Do you have to kill someone?

Couscous on
    edited March 2007
    Here is the funny thing:

And to add, yes I am in it to WIN for my family. That is the point of the game after all. Not "Hey Gayz, Letz all protend we r congruss and vote liek a democracy"

I don't think you understand. Let me break it down for you, once again in the perspective of someone who has to choose between you two and not a politician:

I don't give a damn about thorgot's motives. I want my family to win. I will vote for the candidate that best enables my family to win. That candidate is not you, at least until I see evidence that you're on my side. Voting for thorgot guarantees that I can influence the outcome in my family's favor. Voting for you is taking a gamble with a strong chance of putting someone in power who will work to kill my family. You admit that eventually you will kill for your family regardless of who votes for you. Thorgot has tied his hands such that he can't do that without being gone in a day.

Zek on
    edited March 2007
    Vote for me! I promise to not kill anybody for the first two days. This will allow both families time to get into gear and start killing each other. If I have to kill somebody, I will kill myself. If you choose somebody else, there is a 50/50 chance of your family getting hurt. If you vote for me, you have a chance of preparing yourself to make an informed decision of who to give the scroll to.
    I! vote for titmouse!

Couscous on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    Do you have to kill someone?

Yes, the official must always kill someone. If an executor provides a really REALLY good reason as to why he doesn't want to kill someone, and it better be damn good with cited references and an annotated bibliography, I might be persuaded to let them off without killing someone, but more likely, I'll just kill one of the people who hasn't posted yet in his name. :P

Aroduc on
    edited March 2007
    Vote for me and I will kill myself! If I am a member of your family, I won't be much of a waste because I am a minor noble with no special powers.

Couscous on
  • DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Is it? Maybe I just missed it, but I haven't see thorgot say that he wouldn't use his authority against his own family, should he become elected. Meanwhile, precisionk has flip flopped on the issue.
    The same person who said
    [...] I will guarantee safety to those who vote for me.
    has also said
    [...]yes I am in it to WIN for my family. That is the point of the game after all. Not "Hey Gayz, Letz all protend we r congruss and vote liek a democracy"

Who should we trust? Someone who has committed himself to carrying out his elected duty, even at risk to his own life, or someone who changes positions more times than a Kama Sutra enthusiast?

Of course, one can always vote for Digger Dude, the guy too concerned with defending the land from outside threats to commence with much in the way of power plays, only pausing long enough to describe himself and explain his platform (and make the occasional euthanasia offer). But eh, I guess not many like to go with the third party.

Godspeed, Digger Dude, and good hunting.

Dizzen on
  • FrostozunaFrostozuna Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I'd just like to say I love watching these thread games even without actually participating in them

Frostozuna on
    edited March 2007
    I am better than both of them. I can promise that nobody other than me will be executed by me if you vote for me.

Couscous on
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    titmouse wrote: »
    I am better than both of them. I can promise that nobody other than me will be executed by me if you vote for me.
    You can tell this guy is lying.

Digger Dude on
    edited March 2007
    Is it? Maybe I just missed it, but I haven't see thorgot say that he wouldn't use his authority against his own family, should he become elected. Meanwhile, precisionk has flip flopped on the issue.
    The same person who said
    [...] I will guarantee safety to those who vote for me.
    has also said
    [...]yes I am in it to WIN for my family. That is the point of the game after all. Not "Hey Gayz, Letz all protend we r congruss and vote liek a democracy"

Who should we trust? Someone who has committed himself to carrying out his elected duty, even at risk to his own life, or someone who changes positions more times than a Kama Sutra enthusiast?

Of course, one can always vote for Digger Dude, the guy too concerned with defending the land from outside threats to commence with much in the way of power plays, only pausing long enough to describe himself and explain his platform (and make the occasional euthanasia offer). But eh, I guess not many like to go with the third party.

Godspeed, Digger Dude, and good hunting.

There is absolutely no reason to trust anyone, unless they are part of your family. Obviously I am in it to win for the family, who isn't. I am sorry, but if you believe the self killing act as a way to "tie his hands" you are extremely gullable and foolish. Its simply a tactic to stay in office. What if he is infact the seer of a rival family, yeah, you just fucked yourselves good without even knowing.

So you want to vote to have a "part" in deciding who dies for the good of your family. Funny thing is, you still have no clue who is and who isn't a part of your family. I choose to have some balls and go a different way. I don't hide behind "you can kill me if I am wrong". What is wrong? It is different for everyone. If you opt to keep voting him into office because he makes you feel special with your "daily vote" then go for it. I will just joyously laugh when he turns on you when it benefits him the greatest. Perhaps he is part of my family, if so, then its a win-win.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    Why are you attacking Digger Dude and his small (2 people) group of roving minstrels and D lovers?

edit: I'll be back in a few hours.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I left last night afraid that Thorgot, I , and maybe one other person were the only ones still playing, and I come back to this. I don't know whether to be pleased or annoyed.

For those that haven't played before it is pretty common for the first day to be giberrish and nonsense, but after that people start directing plans and formulating thoughts in a congruous manner.

Remember, a vote for thorgot is a vote for logic, reason, truth, and the American Way.

Elbonian Man on