As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]Romance of the Two Kingdoms: Final Act. The Day of the Dead

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    What is it with you guys and kill-voting thorgot? What does that accomplish? Does it really matter whether or not he's willing to kill himself?

Anyway, is this kill decision made in the morning or tomorrow night? Either way:

I !vote for precisionk
    I !vote for precisionk

This guy is getting on my nerves. He's only interested in bringing chaos to the game, and if thorgot gets replaced I'd rather it be with somebody else.
    titmouse wrote: »
    Pata wrote: »
    I'm a member of the Dong family.

Or are you.

I am. Vote for me. I admit my bias. If you vote for me, I promise to take out a member of the Dong family if thorgot kills a member of the Johnson family.

What is this? What are you doing? This makes no sense no matter which family you're in. You're a Dong member, and thus if you're elected you'll kill a Dong member if thorgot kills a Johnson member? Buh?

Zek on
  • precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    precisionk wrote: »
    Alright, I will play in this silly democracy.

I !vote for Zek

Seriously, this guy is all hate when he speaks. I understand he is trying to win the game just like anyone else, but really he is a bit of a wild cannon and can't be trusted for EITHER family.

And you aren't the exact same?

Tell me when I have been a wild cannon this game? I ran for office here and was narrowly beat. Obviously a lot people felt I would be a better leader, then our current one.

precisionk on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for the execution of precisionk twice. He is a fool that praises instability and yearns for chaos.
    BOOOOOOOOO! Chaos is not bad. We were born from chaos. To hate chaos is to hate our ancestors. To hate our ancestors is to invite death.

Confucius took them out of that chaos and turned them into the greatest nation EVAR.

Confucius came after people had been born out of the beauty of Chaos.

Couscous on
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Interesting. Could we have a tally?

I will hold off on my votes until my massive headache ceases to be.

Hylianbunny on
  • Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I !vote for Zek

Seriously, this guy is all hate when he speaks. I understand he is trying to win the game just like anyone else, but really he is a bit of a wild cannon and can't be trusted for EITHER family.

Tell me when I have been a wild cannon this game? I ran for office here and was narrowly beat. Obviously a lot people felt I would be a better leader, then our current one.

It was a popularity contest with nothing based on meritous actions but mostly in who had the least creepy av.

Elbonian Man on
    edited March 2007
    Zek wrote: »
    What is it with you guys and kill-voting thorgot? What does that accomplish? Does it really matter whether or not he's willing to kill himself?

Anyway, is this kill decision made in the morning or tomorrow night? Either way:

I !vote for precisionk
    I !vote for precisionk

This guy is getting on my nerves. He's only interested in bringing chaos to the game, and if thorgot gets replaced I'd rather it be with somebody else.

Or are you.

I am. Vote for me. I admit my bias. If you vote for me, I promise to take out a member of the Dong family if thorgot kills a member of the Johnson family.

What is this? What are you doing? This makes no sense no matter which family you're in. You're a Dong member, and thus if you're elected you'll kill a Dong member if thorgot kills a Johnson member? Buh?

Please tell me and quote me where I said I would bring chaos to this game. How is the rulership under one leadership chaos? The real chaos is having everyone in the god damn game vote for someone to die.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007

I !vote for Zek

It was a popularity contest with nothing based on meritous actions but mostly in who had the least creepy av.

I am sorry that you fear my avatar.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007

Yes. Balance must be kept in order to prevent a family from taking over the empire. If the families are kept equal, the empire will fall and a noncompulsory form of government will rise like a phoenix.

Couscous on
  • AroducAroduc regular
    edited March 2007
    I am so not tallying these crazy red voting things. I go by whatever thorgot tells me his decision is.

Aroduc on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    election
    precisionk - 1
    thorgot - 2
    Digger Dude - 1
    titmouse - 1

execution
    precisionk - 4
    titmouse - 2
    thorgot - 2
    Zek - 1

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Tally by whomever feels like making it, I mean. I understand that this voting system is not covered by you. =P

That said, I will vote Thorgot for office.

Hylianbunny on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited March 2007
    I !vote for Thorgot because we arent in the same house.

Unknown User on
    edited March 2007
    thorgot wrote: »
    election
    precisionk - 1
    thorgot - 2
    Digger Dude - 1
    How dare you not count my vote, fiend.

Couscous on
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited March 2007
    election
    precisionk - 1
    thorgot - 2
    Digger Dude - 1
    How dare you not count my vote, fiend.

Sorry, my mistake. I just missed it. I have fixed it.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Rygar wrote: »

I don't see how you could know this.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    I also !vote for Digger Dude for the Imperial Seal.

Unknown User on
  • Elbonian ManElbonian Man Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

He's the historian. Duh.

Elbonian Man on
    edited March 2007
    So that makes four proclaimed ones? :P

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    In that case, I retract my execution vote for titmouse and I vote twice for Digger Dude. I'm fairly certain he is up to no good.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited March 2007

I !vote for precisionk
    I !vote for precisionk

Or are you.

Please tell me and quote me where I said I would bring chaos to this game. How is the rulership under one leadership chaos? The real chaos is having everyone in the god damn game vote for someone to die.

You never said that, but that's what you're doing. Now that you lost you're not contributing anything but naysaying and stirring up conflict for no reason. More importantly, I don't want you as leader(for reasons I brought up earlier) and it's possible that you're still the runner-up should thorgot lose his place.

He's the historian. Duh.

We've already had 3 historian claims. Obviously at least 2 of them are full of shit, but I won't make that call yet since for all I know they could both be on my team.

Zek on
    edited March 2007
    election
    thorgot - 2
    Digger Dude - 2
    titmouse - 1
    precisionk - 1

execution
    precisionk - 4
    Digger Dude - 2
    thorgot - 2
    titmouse - 1
    Zek - 1

Remember, if you voted for me yesterday you get two votes.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Well thorgot isn't even recording his own votes, and it stretches the imagination to say he will condemn himself to death.

I !vote twice for titmouse.

Unknown User on
    edited March 2007
    Well thorgot isn't even recording his own votes, and it stretches the imagination to say he will condemn himself to death.

I !vote twice for titmouse.

I don't quite understand what you mean by the first part. I have recorded both votes for my death. If I missed one, sorry. Perhaps you could keep a running tally?

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    Once again, I will state what will happen if I am voted for office:

-All who vote for me will be guaranteed protection, unlike thorgots, which his own people who voted for him, could die.

-I will take in consideration, suggestions from people who they think needs to die that voted against me, not for me.

-It will be unorthodox and merciless.

precisionk on
  • Digger DudeDigger Dude Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    Who am I kidding, I'm not going to win anyway
    I !vote for precisionk

Digger Dude on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    So Archonex, Avaritia, Cantide, Elbonia Man, Hylianbunny, Malkor, Pata, PsychoLarry, Rygar, thorgot, and Zek

get two votes. Everybody else is left with one. I suggest you should vote for me if you want more of a say tomorrow.
    "The true free living human-being is the one that achieves his dream without depending on someone. -Lao Tse

I find it ironic that Thorgot's proponents proclaim 'democracy' while accepting the bribe of an extra execution vote. Then, is it truly democratic? I wonder...

In any case, I shall have to consider the election vote at a later time. For now, though, I do not believe that precisionk should be executed for the 'treasonous' act of standing against Thorgot.

As for the executory vote...I apologize, titmouse. There is no personal reason behind this, but I believe precisionk is a more valuable player in this game of death, and a vote for you now will be a vote closer to saving him.

I !vote titmouse for execution.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited March 2007
    I !remove my vote for Zek

As much as Zek hates me and he is starting to grown an unlikeness inside me, I feel thorgot needs to die.

I !vote for thorgot

Please stab yourself in the heart.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    I am at your command, my friends. ;)
    election
    thorgot - 2
    precisionk - 2
    Digger Dude - 1
    titmouse - 1

execution
    precisionk - 4
    Digger Dude - 2
    thorgot - 3
    titmouse - 2

I have a midterm in 9 hours, so I'm going to turn in. Good luck, citizens!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    B:L wrote: »
    So Archonex, Avaritia, Cantide, Elbonia Man, Hylianbunny, Malkor, Pata, PsychoLarry, Rygar, thorgot, and Zek

get two votes. Everybody else is left with one. I suggest you should vote for me if you want more of a say tomorrow.

I find it ironic that Thorgot's proponents proclaim 'democracy' while accepting the bribe of an extra execution vote. Then, is it truly democratic? I wonder...

Thank you for your claim, but I made my choice well before I learned of this extra execution vote.

Hylianbunny on
  • PataPata Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote for Digger Dude Twice

Because I don't like his name.

Pata on
    SRWWSig.pngEpisode 5: Mecha-World, Mecha-nisim, Mecha-beasts
    edited March 2007
    Before I go to bed, I would like to reiterate my request that you vote for Digger Dude.

But that is just a request; you are all free men. Vote as you please.

edit: vote for him for execution, that is.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited March 2007
    B:L wrote: »

"The true free living human-being is the one that achieves his dream without depending on someone. -Lao Tse

In any case, I shall have to consider the election vote at a later time. For now, though, I do not believe that precisionk should be executed for the 'treasonous' act of standing against Thorgot.

As for the executory vote...I apologize, titmouse. There is no personal reason behind this, but I believe precisionk is a more valuable player in this game of death, and a vote for you now will be a vote closer to saving him.

I !vote titmouse for execution.

Finally someone who sees it my way. This isn't "Democracy" it is favoritism. At least my claim to leadership, I tell out front that is is solely me, however, I will protect my vote givers.

precisionk on
    edited March 2007
    I vote for Digger Dude Twice

Because I don't like his name.

Oh come on, thats a terrible reason

Digger Dude on
  • Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote to execute thorgot

Gorilla Salad on
  • B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I am at your command, my friends. ;)
    election
    thorgot - 2
    precisionk - 2
    Digger Dude - 1
    titmouse - 1

execution
    precisionk - 4
    Digger Dude - 2
    thorgot - 3
    titmouse - 2

I have a midterm in 9 hours, so I'm going to turn in. Good luck, citizens!
    That tally somehow feels off for me, for some reason I can't put my finger on...

There are also severe misgivings about the double vote, especially with thorgot holding on to one of his TWO votes. Why else would one withhold their hand, unless there is a scheme that is waiting to hatch? Listening to the people is a good platform, but that trust is cut when the leader has the final say.

I retract my vote for titmouse, and instead place a vote for thorgot.

This snake must be cut at the head, before it has a chance to grow. The double vote offer is too tempting a path, and that can only lead to deadly tyranny of a mob led by a manipulative director.

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
    edited March 2007
    Ooops, I messed up the vote, and I was adding to the wrong section. I will recount from the beginning tomorrow. Or if somebody wants to be a good, patriotic, democratic citizen, they can be a third party and count for me! That would probably be the most democratic.

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Dee KaeDee Kae Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I !vote thorgot for execution.

And, I vote for Digger Dude for election.

Dee Kae on
    edited March 2007
    Retracting my vote for leadership at the moment. Wasn't thinking earlier and still have a bad headache, so I'm going to wait and see where this goes.

Hylianbunny on
    edited March 2007
    It's gotten very quite all of a sudden

Digger Dude on
  • TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited March 2007
    I vote our glorious leader Precisionk into office.

I want Thorgot to die by his own hand.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg