As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Maybe you can try the fan patch.

Sometimes I just say things that annoy tube.

Blake T on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2009
    I think you actually have to restart for that. If not yeah, use the fan patch

Tube on
  • IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I remember someone having the same bug. It was fixed a long time ago in the fan patch I believe.

Isorn on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You can't play old saves with the fan patch, you have to start fresh.

Or so I've read, I'm still using 1.2.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i fixed it, it's cool

also

i just got mass suicide, right before
    i had to go to the house of hunters. there's a room on the top floor with like five hunters in it. single cast of mass suicide killed all of them before they knew what happened.

Pony on
    edited July 2009
    how did you fix it?

Tube on
    edited July 2009
    What the fuck is the house of hunters?

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    edited July 2009
    moocow wrote: »
    What the fuck is the house of hunters?
    the part where you gotta rescue the doctor guy

he's in a house full of society of leopold shitbags

mass suicide and suicide is letting me ninja my way through this entire thing with barely a scratch on me

Pony on
    edited July 2009
    Ah, ok...I thought you meant an actual house of some sort, not a giant cave system with a house inside it. :D

moocow on
    imttnk.png
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    in all honesty though, does anyone have any tips for killing tzimice as a firearms-specialty character? I would kinda like to finish off my tremere game (although brujah is fun), but I just get mauled by the handrunners every time

There is a table in the corner of the room. Jump onto it. The handrunners won't be able to get you there, and if you don't kill them more will not spawn. Then you can just spend your time shooting at Andrei when he manifests close enough to you.

Just remember that the runners are still there. :P

DarkPrimus on
  • Canada_jezusCanada_jezus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I kind of want to start a malk , but the lack of physical disciplines/thaumaturgy kind of puts me off.

Canada_jezus on
    edited July 2009
    I kind of want to start a malk , but the lack of physical disciplines/thaumaturgy kind of puts me off.

They get Dementation, which is effectively a "magic" discipline, obfuscate which borders on the overpowered, and Auspex which is a very, very good physical discipline at level 5. All the clans are good in their own way.

Tube on
    edited July 2009
    Yeah you mentioned auspex was really good, but thats just for firearms though right? I should check a guide or something, last time i played i kept buying skills two minutes before i found books containing them. Or the nines thing.

Canada_jezus on
    edited July 2009
    3 free points of wits is pretty rocking no matter what, especially if you already have wits 5 and dodge 5, because an overall defense score of 13 means nothing other than bosses can hit you.

Tube on
    edited July 2009
    Cool right, so for combat, melee and a dash of firearms? Shit no, i need brawl for sucking blood too right? Do you need stealth with obsfucate or does that supercede it?

Canada_jezus on
    edited July 2009
    Here's a basic rundown
    scholarship is the best skill in the game
    you can buy one point of brawl, get one free from nines and then read a book (empire hotel) on it twice (sell it to fat larry and then buy it back, he'll order in other copies) for brawl 4
    buy two points of melee, get two points from a book in the skyline apartments and one free from nines BEFORE you go to grout's mansion for melee 5

and you're pretty much set. going all firearms is pretty much a challenge route

Tube on
    edited July 2009
    oh and you don't need stealth if you have obfuscate, you can get 2 free points in stealth and firearms from trip and dexterity is useless.

Tube on
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Here's a basic rundown
    scholarship is the best skill in the game
    you can buy one point of brawl, get one free from nines and then read a book (empire hotel) on it twice (sell it to fat larry and then buy it back, he'll order in other copies) for brawl 4
    buy two points of melee, get two points from a book in the skyline apartments and one free from nines BEFORE you go to grout's mansion for melee 5

and you're pretty much set. going all firearms is pretty much a challenge route
    You can do it for even cheaper if you're willing to wait a while. Buy the first point of melee with XP or your starting points. Get a free point from Nines. Double read the melee book. In Chinatown, you'll find the melee 5 book in the Fu Syndicate building. It takes research level 9 to use. Granted, it will only save you 3 XP, but still.

WhiteZinfandel on
    edited July 2009
    I've never really seen the melee 5 book as worth it. When you say you save 3 xp, are you including the cost of getting to research level 9? Research 6 gets you pretty much all the good shit, it's diminishing returns from there on.

Tube on
  • WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know, you might have something there. Scholarship 4 + Charisma 4 is necessary for the Giovanni hopefuls quest, but I can't recall Scholarship 5 being necessary for anything other than that book.

E: This is assuming you get Intelligence up to 4.

WhiteZinfandel on
    edited July 2009
    Well the feats work as a combination of the two, so persuade 8 can be charisma 4+scholarship 4 or scholarship 5 + charisma 3. The research feat is scholarship + intelligence, and intelligence blows so you'll want 1 point in that at most and scholarship 5. Scholarship is the best skill in the game, both of the feats it affects are awesome

oh and from an xp efficiency point of view the giovanni quest is pointless. it's also bugged to hell.

Tube on
    edited July 2009
    That opens up a lot of opportunities, but it all hinges on Nines being able to teach you Melee 5. You're positive he'll do that?

WhiteZinfandel on
    edited July 2009
    Yeah I've done it twice.

Tube on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Dyscord wrote: »
    in all honesty though, does anyone have any tips for killing tzimice as a firearms-specialty character? I would kinda like to finish off my tremere game (although brujah is fun), but I just get mauled by the handrunners every time

There is a table in the corner of the room. Jump onto it. The handrunners won't be able to get you there, and if you don't kill them more will not spawn. Then you can just spend your time shooting at Andrei when he manifests close enough to you.

Just remember that the runners are still there. :P

hah, that is terrible

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
    edited July 2009
    Welp...

I guess it was an inevitability that I would some day go through 1.2 Bloodlines checking every trigger and necessary skill level, basically creating my own walkthrough. OCD hooooo!

WhiteZinfandel on
  • robotsunshinerobotsunshine regular
    edited July 2009
    fuck this goddamn game

i have spent forever researching various ways to make it actually run, to actually do something besides get 10 seconds into the introductory cutscene and then stutter like a malkavian

nothing works. it is a bunch of baloney

but now i guess i can go back and read all the spoilers in this thread

robotsunshine on
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I tried to not kill anyone at the museum but there were guards everywhere and the alarms went off and then everyone was shooting me.

I just said screw this, everyone dies.

Shabooty on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You guys suck at being sneaky.

For shame.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited July 2009
    i only killed two people!

and those were necessary

dammit jim, i'm a blood mage not a ninja

Pony on
    edited July 2009
    Shoulda been a malk.

They're brain mages and ninjas.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    edited July 2009
    okay so now that i have beaten the game normally

i am looking at mods and fanpatches and shit

and i am looking around and there's a "companion mod" which i figured added party members, basically, ala Fallout 3, which is cool

then i look into it more and the only companions you can have with it are the hot female characters in the game and you basically enslave them to you

i mean the people behind it obviously put a lot of work into it, they altered dialogue and stuff and added a new artifact that you make some of the vampires drink from to work for you

including a rather disturbing scene where you essentially rape Damsel in a back alley and then enslave her

that is incredibly fucked up and disturbing

i was hoping i could acquire party members in a way that wasn't horrifyingly undertoned with sexual slavery

but oh well

Pony on
    edited July 2009
    oh, looking into it further, not all the companions you get with that mod are chicks you acquire by making them drink of your weirdo tzimisce artifact

there's also people you can pick up by ghouling them and stuff

looked down the list of companions you can have, and of those only Yukie can join you willingly and knowingly without being dominated or tricked, and only after you do her quest

that is incredibly lame

although the guy has instructions on how to add your own companions and dialogue to the game so maybe i can play with that and make this whole thing less rapetoned

Pony on
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rape is the currency of vampires. I thought you had played P&P, how were you unaware?

L|ama on
    edited July 2009
    who the hell did you play with, man

Pony on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    uh, rape is not that common

it's actually really damn hard, loloollolool, for male vampires to do the deed

PiptheFair on
    edited July 2009
    It was in all the sourcebooks. You just had to read between the lines, troika got it totally wrong.

L|ama on
    edited July 2009
    llama i think you are viewing things through the horrible lense of your rapevision

Pony on
    edited July 2009
    B-but the rape doctor said the rape glasses would help

just like the rape

L|ama on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    llama, you gotta cut out the rapin' man

PiptheFair on
    edited July 2009