As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nazi tank girls invade Xbox 360 in Japan (NSFW!)

12346»

• EliminationElimination Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This thread is going horridly off topic.

Elimination on
    PSN: PA_Elimination 3DS: 4399-2012-1711 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheElimination/
  • SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This thread is going horridly off topic.

You have no idea. I tried, but gave up. I still think it's the Akagi.

At least it's not horribly on-topic.

Synthesis on
  • elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This thread is horridly off topic.

There, fixed that right up for you, buddy

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • The Reverend Dr GalactusThe Reverend Dr Galactus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    We're discussing* the sociological implications of the game described in the OP. How is this not on-topic?

*sometimes not quite

The Reverend Dr Galactus on
    valar-moreshellus.png
    PSN:RevDrGalactus/NN:RevDrGalactus/Steam
  • ShaquarShaquar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wasn't Counter-Strike recently banned from lan-houses or tournaments in Germany, though?

That's a whole different story. Some city governments have revoked a bunch of big LAN parties and e-sports events the licence to hold their event in town-owned places. This has nothing to do with federal German law and it probably could even be contested in court but nobody bothered to. As I said, we don't have a well-funded lobby that could take care of that.

Don't get me wrong, that's as fucked up as it gets and is so ass-backwards it's not even funny. It pretty symptomatic of what's wrong with this country.

Shaquar on
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know what would rock? If the nations of the world built gigantic robotic death machines, then duked it out on the moon to see who will host the Olympics.

Yeah. . . .

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • MadBlackGentMadBlackGent Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Since you mentioned it the Olympics was another example of racists double think. Racists whites couldn't decide between demeaning Chinese people or cowering from them. See the about face from demeaning to fear mongering when they saw the Chinese paratroopers marching around during the whole torch fiasco.

Racists can hold two contradictory ideas in their head at the same time. That was my point what's insane about it?

MadBlackGent on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    you know what would be fun? olympics in north korea

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Axen wrote: »
    You know what would rock? If the nations of the world built gigantic robotic death machines, then duked it out on the moon to see who will host the Olympics.

Yeah. . . .

Skip the moon, and just make the olympics the giant robot fights on a war torn earth surface/hellscape, and make the winner of the fight rulers of the earth and all colonies for the next few years....

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Since you mentioned it the Olympics was another example of racists double think. Racists whites couldn't decide between demeaning Chinese people or cowering from them. See the about face from demeaning to fear mongering when they saw the Chinese paratroopers marching around during the whole torch fiasco.

Racists can hold two contradictory ideas in their head at the same time. That was my point what's insane about it?

Must...not....take....bait....

Xtarath on
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You know, I always thought the Advance Wars games could have used larger breasts. Replace all the male characters with DD pink-haired models with big ol' chibi eyes while they're at it.

emnmnme on
  • MadBlackGentMadBlackGent Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's not bait. It's an example that proves my point. People here bounced around from saying Japan is both undersexed and oversexed and some of it came from the same people. Then after claiming that Japan is so racist they post up that Gaijinsmash idiot who's racist out the ass. That's like saying "minorities are racist" and then linking to Stormfront.

MadBlackGent on
    edited July 2009
    emnmnme wrote: »
    You know, I always thought the Advance Wars games could have used larger breasts. Replace all the male characters with DD pink-haired models with big ol' chibi eyes while they're at it.

That's not a bad idea at all.

More Advance wars.

The last one did have a goth-loli in it, so they are halfway there!

Xenogears of Bore on
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah. . . .

Skip the moon, and just make the olympics the giant robot fights on a war torn earth surface/hellscape, and make the winner of the fight rulers of the earth and all colonies for the next few years....

Can we make a rule that prevents them from hiring people from other countries to fight for them? I don't want to see any German ninjas who are actually Japanese.

Couscous on
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    you know what would be fun? olympics in north korea

Hey, just a few short decades ago, the rest of the world (okay, not the whole world, but the countries that mattered) promised that there wouldn't be an Olympic game in that godforsaken communist festering sore of a city that technically did not exist, not while decency and civilization remained.

Then came 1980. Suck on that, First World.

In other words, I think it'll just take time. A long time. Besides, the Olympics seem to inspire more hatred and animosity nowadays then cooperation and tolerance in countries.

Way more hatred. If you'll excuse me, I need to hang myself for comparing the USSR and the DPRK.

Synthesis on
    edited July 2009
    Couscous wrote: »

Yeah. . . .

Can we make a rule that prevents them from hiring people from other countries to fight for them? I don't want to see any German ninjas who are actually Japanese.

He got around that by being a zombie robot.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah. . . .

G Gundam was awesome but some of the mech designs made me want to punch myself. The Mexican gundam has a fucking sombrero , the Holland gundam is a windmill etc. It was good mindless fun though, hell I liked it more then the serious gundams .

EspantaPajaro on
  • ShaquarShaquar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah. . . .

I don't know, sounds good to me.

Shaquar on
  • Omega2112Omega2112 GW2 AKA: Robocow, Veristia Reaven Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Shaquar wrote: »

Yeah. . . .

Just watch out for any masked characters working for Neo Japan.

Omega2112 on
  • The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Omega2112 wrote: »

Yeah. . . .

You forgot the rule that each country's giant robot has to be based on blatant stereotypes of that country. Well, except maybe Nepal. The Mexican giant robot has to wear a giant robo-sombrero though.

The Lord of Hats on
    edited July 2009

Yeah. . . .

You forgot the rule that each country's giant robot has to be based on blatant stereotypes of that country. Well, except maybe Nepal. The Mexican giant robot has to wear a giant robo-sombrero though.

I thought that went without saying.

Axen on
  • akesoakeso Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah. . . .

The American Robot has to be Lady Liberty with a boob showing and an attack that sucks the life out of other robots.

akeso on
    primeval-warrior-sig.jpg
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah. . . .

I thought that went without saying.

Does this count?

gf13-049nm.jpg

EDIT: Here's Napal:

gf11-033nnp.jpg

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
  • emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tee hee. I just noticed the mouse in the third picture is waving a tiny Italian flag.

Wasn't the Italian flag read, white, and blue during WW2?

emnmnme on
    edited July 2009
    akeso wrote: »

Yeah. . . .

The American Robot has to be Lady Liberty with a boob showing and an attack that sucks the life out of other robots.

Try surfing with a football helmet, boxing gloves, and two six shooters.

Yep, The American robot is a surfing retarded cowboy Mike Tyson.

Xenogears of Bore on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yeah. . . .

I would much rather the American robot be Big Tex, but I may be rather biased.

This is unless we secede, of course. In that case, bring it you pointy, massive, green bitch.

Monger on
    edited July 2009
    Monger wrote: »

Yeah. . . .

I would much rather the American robot be Big Tex, but I may be rather biased.

This is unless we secede, of course. In that case, bring it you pointy, massive, green bitch.

Is it normal not to know what the hell Big Tex is?

I mean, I knew about the Liberty Statue before I came to the US, but six years later, and I never heard of Big Tex. Is it strictly a local thing?

Synthesis on
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ive lived in america (in the south no less) my entire life and i have never heard of big tex. i guess its a texas thing i dunno.

Ah_Pook on
    edited July 2009

Yeah. . . .

Try surfing with a football helmet, boxing gloves, and two six shooters.

Yep, The American robot is a surfing retarded cowboy Mike Tyson.

Lewis Black's description of the atypical American comes to mind.

"He's a fat guy in a windbreaker and a baseball cap. What's more American than that? Nothing!"

So yes, it'd have to be overweight surfing retarded cowboy Mike Tyson. White too, in all fairness.

Synthesis on
    edited July 2009
    Yeah it is more of a Texas thing. Even though I am a Yankee, I was aware of Big Tex, but only because I used to spend my summer in Texas.

Also I think America's death robot should be Abe Lincoln. Or maybe the entirety of Mt. Rushmore.

edit- Hah, that Lewis Black description sounds more like an Eastern European dude to me.

Axen on
    edited July 2009
    Yeah it is more of a Texas thing. Even though I am a Yankee, I was aware of Big Tex, but only because I used to spend my summer in Texas.

Also I think America's death robot should be Abe Lincoln. Or maybe the entirety of Mt. Rushmore.

edit- Hah, that Lewis Black description sounds more like an Eastern European dude to me.

Abe Lincoln would tie in with the American Protestant angle, which is good. He's also tall, which is true about Americans (versus a lot of other people). Also rural, which is very much American Heartland blah blah etc.

Make him fat, holding a football, and you've got it, I think. And one of those beer-can hats. Seriously, I have never seen one of those outside of the United States. I think they're illegal ever where else.

What you've just said suggests that you have never met someone in Eastern Europe before. Baseball is not big over there (Lapta on the other hand), and they are not as fat as us, when it comes right down to it. :P

Plus, he was describing Michael Moore, in response to charges that Moore was un-American and whatnot. Distinctly not Eastern European.

Synthesis on
  • MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Big Tex is strictly something that shows up at the Texas State Fair. I didn't expect anyone outside the state to recognize it, which is why I linked to wiki. Like I said,

<---- rather biased.

Monger on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This thread confuses me. I'm seeing anything particularly NSFW in the opening post.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited July 2009
    Big Tex is strictly something that shows up at the Texas State Fair. I didn't expect anyone outside the state to recognize it, which is why I linked to wiki. Like I said,

<---- rather biased.

Nothing wrong with being biased towards your state. It's your own home.

But, and speaking as an outsider, I think the Liberty Statue Gundam could take it on. Especially if they're both sized after their originals.

Oh, also: G Gundam--more examples of racist Japanese stereotypes, as earlier mentioned. Though at least it's directed so many ways so horribly.

Synthesis on
    edited July 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »

What you've just said suggests that you have never met someone in Eastern Europe before. Baseball is not big over there (Lapta on the other hand), and they are not as fat as us, when it comes right down to it. :P

Plus, he was describing Michael Moore, in response to charges that Moore was un-American and whatnot. Distinctly not Eastern European.

I used to spend three weeks a year in Latvia, seen my share of fat old dudes in track suits/windbreakers wearing baseball caps. Granted the baseball caps were not of any baseball team, its just a style of hat.

Seen people wearing baseball hats in Iraq and Kuwait too, but I seriously doubt they play baseball.

Just saying that was the first thing to pop into my head. Now if Lewis Black said, "Fat, wearing t-shirt and shorts, holding a hotdog" I would think American. :P

P.S. Latvian soldiers can fucking drink Vodka like nobody's business.

P.P.S. Their woman are hot.

Axen on
  • The Lord of HatsThe Lord of Hats Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Synthesis wrote: »

<---- rather biased.

Nothing wrong with being biased towards your state. It's your own home.

But, and speaking as an outsider, I think the Liberty Statue Gundam could take it on. Especially if they're both sized after their originals.

Oh, also: G Gundam--more examples of racist Japanese stereotypes, as earlier mentioned. Though at least it's directed so many ways so horribly.

I think the best part of the gundam designs is not, in fact, Windmill Gundam, but the fact that it's pretty obvious that they wrote Germany into the plot, and then when it came to designing the actual Gundam, the process was pretty much:

"Okay guys. We've got to design a giant Germany-themed robot. What do we do?"
    "Well, let's just think of things Germans do, just like we did for the others"
    "Alright... so what do Germans do?"
    "Don't they... wait, no, I think that's England."
    "I'm pretty sure they... nope, nevermind. We already used that for France."
    "Screw it, let's just make him a ninja."

The Lord of Hats on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    God bless you little thread.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
This discussion has been closed.