As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Anime Thread] ITT, we saw Thetheroo become a broken husk of a man. [via School Days]

• ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Chen wrote: »
    You could spend your time watching Canaan or the new Spice and Wolf or a thousand other series. Hell, Queen's Blade might arguably be less offensive than School Days.

Wait, the new Spice and Wolf is out? Score.

Things are getting pretty weird and messed up on the School Days front, but I'm probably going to wait another episode before I post another reaction.

Thetheroo on
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That settles it; I'm watching School Days, too.

Hexmage-PA on
  • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm incredibly tempted, but instead of making myself vomit I think I'll go watch Macross Plus instead

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The sad thing about School Days is that, while the end result is perhaps a bit overdone, the entire circumstances these teenagers get into is sadly believable, and it's not hard to see it happening in the real world.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Out of sheer curiosity,
    Someone checks if someone else is pregnant? Dare I ask, how?

I have a feeling I'm going to regret asking that

Niceguyeddie616 on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What did I just say?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm so sorry so many people are watching School Days now.

Well, kinda sorry. It is absolutely worth watching, I suppose. As a lesson.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
    edited July 2009
    I mean, there's no other way she could do that unless...

Oh.

Oh god D:

Niceguyeddie616 on
    edited July 2009
    OH MY GOD

Edit- Full reactions to come, I'm only partway through episode 10.

Thetheroo on
  • darksteeldarksteel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    OH MY GOD

Hahahahahahaha. Yesssssssssssssss.

darksteel on
    shikisig6-1.jpg
  • BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I mean, there's no other way she could do that unless...

Oh.

Oh god D:
    It involves a saw.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru
    edited July 2009
    What the fuck is up with this high school?

I mean WHAT THE FUCK?

Thetheroo on
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    For the full final episode experience, just search the internet for pictures of boats.

Der Waffle Mous on
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'll never see school days unless some bizarre situation comes up, but some guy had his american friends unfamiliar with the... uh, genre watch the whole series as he recorded their commentary. It's nsfw.

If for whatever reason you don't want to be spoiled, you can just listen to the audio, it doesn't give anything away.

This is a summary (NSFW)

The best part is the "WHAT...[silence] ...totally serious" reaction.

kaleedity on
  • ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    goddamn weeaboo sadists

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    darksteel wrote: »
    The sad thing about School Days is that, while the end result is perhaps a bit overdone, the entire circumstances these teenagers get into is sadly believable, and it's not hard to see it happening in the real world.

I've never heard of it happening with teenagers, but the whole (real spoilers here don't read unless you want the ending spoiled)
    sawing a pregnant woman open thing does happen from time to time.
    12_nice_boat.jpg

juice for jesus on
    edited July 2009
    School Days Episodes 5-10
    WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THIS SCHOOL? Makoto is the biggest jerk as ever, yet everyone is having sex with him. He damn nearly rapes Setsuna, is agressive, is a jerk, and is probably the worst person ever. Kotonoha is freaking me out, something is about to go down there cause she is not right in the head.

The scary thing is, I can see almost of all of this potentially happening at the school I went to, and it is FREAKING ME THE FUCK OUT.

Thetheroo on
    edited July 2009
    School Days Episodes 5-10
    WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH THIS SCHOOL? Makoto is the biggest jerk as ever, yet everyone is having sex with him. He damn nearly rapes Setsuna, is agressive, is a jerk, and is probably the worst person ever. Kotonoha is freaking me out, something is about to go down there cause she is not right in the head.

The scary thing is, I can see almost of all of this potentially happening at the school I went to, and it is FREAKING ME THE FUCK OUT.

But wait...there's more!

Barrakketh on
  • setrajonassetrajonas Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    What's with the sudden mass viewing of School Days? Not that I don't approve.

setrajonas on
    edited July 2009
    just saw the first episode, didn't see anything too bad yet, but then again it is just the first episode, I'm not gonna read thetheroo's spoilers.

@barraketh: oh GOD D:

Niceguyeddie616 on
    edited July 2009
    setrajonas wrote: »

Was talking about shows that only PikaPuff watches and likes (School Days and Strike Witches), someone's like "it can't be all that bad", watches some and is still all "I still don't see what's vomiting blood bad", and is now:
    OH MY GOD

What the fuck is up with this high school?

I mean WHAT THE FUCK?

Barrakketh on
    edited July 2009
    I blame myself.

Also me and Thetheroo are at exactly the same place, and I've decided that this insanity must end now. I'm finishing this show tonight.

Xenogears of Bore on
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, someone was talking about Pikapuff, mentioned School Days. I heard about it in the context of "psychological horror" and thought it sounded interesting.

Now...... almost done with 11 and OH MY GODDDDDDDD!

Thetheroo on
  • bisondollarsbisondollars Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This sort of makes me wish that Narutaru didn't have that short prologue with the fighter jets fighting a flying beast. It just gives it away!

bisondollars on
    edited July 2009
    I think the big part of the unassuming nature of School Day's Horror is how the main character is drawn.

He looks like your typical hopeless but loveable romance show main lead.

Most of the time, he acts like one too.

However when he isn't he's a freaking asshole. Maybe even a real life (animated) sociopath.

Xenogears of Bore on
    edited July 2009
    School Days episode 11
    There are no words about how big a train wreck this has been. It started off so innocent, yet now it has descended into a place of madness. The girl is pregnant, Mokoto continues his asshole behavior, and apparantly no girl has learned their fucking lesson because they keep sleeping with this ASSHOLE! I actually cheered when no girl would respond in his phone. I have no idea where this is going to go, but I feel an indescrible urge to continue. I've never seen a show where the term "train wreck" is so apt. It's horrible, but deadly fascinating at the same time.

Once more, for the last time, into the abyss.

Edit- Episode 12 starts about now. Will post live impressions.

Thetheroo on
    edited July 2009
    School Days episode 11
    There are no words about how big a train wreck this has been. It started off so innocent, yet now it has descended into a place of madness. The girl is pregnant, Mokoto continues his asshole behavior, and apparantly no girl has learned their fucking lesson because they keep sleeping with this ASSHOLE! I actually cheered when no girl would respond in his phone. I have no idea where this is going to go, but I feel an indescrible urge to continue. I've never seen a show where the term "train wreck" is so apt. It's horrible, but deadly fascinating at the same time.

Good luck, brave soldier.

Barrakketh on
    edited July 2009
    30 seconds in, and no one has learned their lesson yet. Which is to STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM.

Thetheroo on
  • juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You have to watch this before episode 12 to get the true experience:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIUQ7nwCl1o&feature=related

juice for jesus on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    setrajonas wrote: »
    These last couple pages have been glorious.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2009
    School Days episode 11

It's mostly a deconstruction of the whole harem dynamic. Realistically anyone who got involved in that kind of relationship clusterfuck would have to be sick in the head, going doubly for the protagonist. This just takes that to a logical conclusion.

Well not exactly logical but you know what I mean.

Rust on
    edited July 2009
    WHY HAS NO ONE LEARNED THEIR LESSON?

WHHHHYYYYYYYY?

Thetheroo on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    WHY HAS NO ONE LEARNED THEIR LESSON?

WHHHHYYYYYYYY?

I could say the same to you, you're still watching

Antimatter on
    edited July 2009
    just got done with ep. 2, Makoto seems kinda stupid but not as psycho as people are making him out to be. Thetheroo's descent into madness is starting to scare me though...

Niceguyeddie616 on
    edited July 2009
    Rust wrote: »
    School Days episode 11

It's mostly a deconstruction of the whole harem dynamic. Realistically anyone who got involved in that kind of relationship clusterfuck would have to be sick in the head, going doubly for the protagonist. This just takes that to a logical conclusion.

Well not exactly logical but you know what I mean.

That's why it's so damaging. It's too real. Sure, the ending is seemingly going off the dramatic deep end, but still, I've heard of real events just about as ridiculous.

Xenogears of Bore on
    edited July 2009
    YOU SON OF A BITCH!
    Good lord, he just shut down the fucking mother of his child. What the fuck is this?

Thetheroo on
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    just got done with ep. 2, Makoto seems kinda stupid but not as psycho as people are making him out to be. Thetheroo's descent into madness is starting to scare me though...

lord.jpg
    "Just walk away."

Antimatter on
    edited July 2009
    YOU SON OF A BITCH!
    Good lord, he just shut down the fucking mother of his child. What the fuck is this?

It gets better. Or worse.

Barrakketh on
    edited July 2009
    Ohhhhh shitttttt.
    Sekai just showed up, shit is about to get real.

Thetheroo on
  • SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    YOU SON OF A BITCH!

It gets better. Or worse.
    Better.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
This discussion has been closed.