As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game Onduit] The Conduit - Get on to it!

• Options
    Green DestinyGreen Destiny Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The game is only $39.99 on Amazon right now, and has been in the top 100 for 30 days now.

Green Destiny on
  • Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is that good or bad or good and bad?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    ImperiousImperious Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If anybody is around, I'm on and doing public matches. So join up, or something.

Imperious on
    3DS FC: 2964-9386-0643
    NNID: NotImpervious
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I see nothing but video edited lies!

delphinus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    delphinus wrote: »
    I see nothing but video edited lies!

So it's a conspiracy?

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Glenn and I are online, if anyone else is available...JOIN US!

Imperious on
  • Options
    psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Coming on now. Hard day at work, MCAT can suck it.

psyck0 on
    Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    spiderpat01spiderpat01 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hey, I've got internet for the night and I'm on so if anyone wants to play let me know. Agoaj I've misplaced my wii speak, i'll see if i can find it later.

spiderpat01 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Are you mr. clark? I couldn't get back into the game after the explosives round ended, it was just endlessly authenticating.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, I'm Mr.Clark. I had to turn it off and reboot after that match as well.

spiderpat01 on
  • Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Finally got my game back. I'll update my friends codes and try to get some time to play soon. I'm ready to start disintegrating peeps again after that forced break.

Mars on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Got this from Gamefly and played through the first level.

Holy shit it's pretty cool so far. The controls are stellar.

urahonky on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So how accurate was the Eurogamer review that savaged this?

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well, the single player is pretty short and not very imaginative so it's pretty spot on in that aspect. The controls are fantastic and the customization is unparalleled. I'm having a blast playing multiplayer so much so that I haven't even finished single player yet. In my opinion the thing that gets people excited about this game is the controls so to say that it would sink in to obscurity on any other system is true, but if it were on any other system it wouldn't be the same since it was built for the wii from the ground up.

The talk of few multiplayer modes is kinda misleading as in each of those categories there are several variations on game type that keep it fresh. Really though how many ways can you change up pointing guns and shooting each other.

In short if you only have a wii you should pick it up. If you have other consoles that you've played a million other fps on then you won't see or do anything new here but the way you do it is very different.

spiderpat01 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Eurogamer doesn' know what they are talking about. This is evident from their basic grammar mistake: Name THINE enemy, name thyself.

Well, they are right that single player is a bit blah. Once again, however, a review site COMPLETELY MISSES THE POINT. This wasn't about the single player, and it is no more blah than any other recent shooter that I've played. The multiplayer is where the action is, there's quite a bit of variety, and the game is absolutely worth buying.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    No internet at home atm, trying to bum some off of friends for the night. If I end up playing I'll post, my trigger finger is itching.

spiderpat01 on
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just finished the single player: Definitely a B game, not an A. Good though, just lacks some key polish. After I got all of the controls and HUD and such tweaked how I like it it became a breeze to control and felt basically like a PC shooter. My only real complaint about the game is the inconsistent quality of the art assets and the fact that enemies spawn behind you often (which is incredibly cheap and hateful). Oh, also that your weapons never carry over between missions, even if the missions are sequential (like at the end). I am actually curious to find all of the messages/discs if only because I'm a sucker for art galleries and the like. Fingers crossed on an improved sequel. What would be nice for a sequel too is if they imported your config from your save file on the first.

Haven't tried multiplayer yet though.

Mblackwell on
    Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    edited July 2009
    multiplayer is a blast, definitely the meat of the game is found there.

spiderpat01 on
  • Options
    XagarathXagarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Sadly the multiplayer alone can't sell me on the game without a local option.
    Oh, well.

Xagarath on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Xagarath wrote: »
    Sadly the multiplayer alone can't sell me on the game without a local option.
    Oh, well.

So you want the local?
    While you're playing the local a mad game designer diddles your peener.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    bigwillchbigwillch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is it me or does the matchmaking on this suck? Spent 20 minutes the other day trying to get into a game before giving up and tuning on my 360 instead. It's very frustrating watching a 4 minute timer count down while the game 'authenticates' the other players, then having the game tell you it's lost connection.
    Maybe it's just my connection?

bigwillch on
    fss.png
    xbox GT: Big Will C H
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Never had trouble getting into a game before.

I'm almost gold-ranked!

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Hey guys here are some lil tricks that might help.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9IJhfau6IQ&feature=related

spiderpat01 on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's like the exorcist except you're vomiting grenades and shotgun shells.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I'm going on now, would be nice to see some of you!

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So is anyone else sad that there is no way to do a custom weapon set, like even if it were only to be used when playing private games?

Really I just wish that the power weapons spawned more, it seems like you never see the carbonizer, or shrieker.

Finally people that cheat online suck, ran into a guy who was using infinite ammo(and I'd assume health) to machine gun rockets at everyone. He also had the golden eye rank just fyi.

spiderpat01 on
  • Options
    ShukaoShukao Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Hmm, this game is sounding much better than I'd think an fps on the wii would be. Definitely giving it a try.

Edit: I'm wishing Nintendo would put in a universal friend code system.

Shukao on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Jesus fucking christ. Three rounds of explosives in a ROW, two of them on streets, with one more streetsplosive fest to end the night. I fucking hate streets and explosives because of the amount they are chosen. We had everyone but 1 pick drudge or near/far and it still went explosives. Bah.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So, some people should definitely come on in an hour or so and play with me.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    psyck0 wrote: »
    So, some people should definitely come on in an hour or so and play with me.

I'll join you since XBL is down. Also, yes, explosives fucking suck and everyone picks them. I really hate them for team objective matches and having them picked multiple times in a row. I don't mind them when they're picked every once in a while but not all the time, fuck.

Imperious on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Explosives are fine if it's bounty hunter. Stops the spam.

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sorry not to be on guys, GF called.

psyck0 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Sunday the 9th 8cst i plan on jumping on line and shooting things. Hope to see you guys there.

spiderpat01 on
  • Options
    CZroeCZroe Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Wait, did this game just pronounce "cache" as "cash-aye?" WTF?! Cache = "Cash" How does an error like that make it through every level of development without someone correcting it?

CZroe on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009
    CZroe wrote: »
    Wait, did this game just pronounce "cache" as "cash-aye?" WTF?! Cache = "Cash" How does an error like that make it through every level of development without someone correcting it?

I pronounce cache as cash-aye.. both pronounciations are correct.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I had a friend growing up that would pronounce it, I shit you not, "cock".

As a kid i thought it was funny. As an adult I cannot for the life of me figure out where the hell he got that pronunciation; except that he had some...odd...parenting.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    edited September 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

Nope. That would be "cachet," a completely different word. Believe me... I researched it when I ran into someone mispronouncing it almost 15 years ago. Due to it somehow making it through all levels of development with assumedly tech-savvy programmers I researched it AGAIN recently, asking if it were EVER OK to pronounce it that way, and came to the same conclusion: Not in English. "Cacher" or "caché" in French, yes, but never in English.

CZroe on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2009

Nope. That would be "cachet," a completely different word. Believe me... I researched it when I ran into someone mispronouncing it almost 15 years ago. Due to it somehow making it through all levels of development with assumedly tech-savvy programmers I researched it AGAIN recently, asking if it were EVER OK to pronounce it that way, and came to the same conclusion: Not in English. "Cacher" or "caché" in French, yes, but never in English.

Get over it, because I don't fucking care, and neither do other people that pronounce it the same way.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited September 2009

Get over it, because I don't fucking care, and neither do other people that pronounce it the same way.
    Neither do I but thanks for "correcting" us and speaking for all others who may or may not want to lern to speek gud. ;) You cared enough to reply. That's good enough for me.

CZroe on