As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pony wrote: »
    anyway, i beat the game

the Tremere ending is pretty fucking hilarious
    it's basically the ending from Raiders of the Lost Ark

the ending isn't based off clan

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    You mean Camarilla?

L|ama on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    what disappoints me so much about troika folding is that they set up the comeback of cain

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    anyway, i beat the game

well i mean i only got that ending because i was loyal to both the Tremere and the Camarilla as a whole, instead of the Prince

in fact, the only way to get that ending available at all is
    you have to get the plaguebringer quest from Strauss, or involve Strauss after you get it from Damsel, finish it, and then later do the Gargoyle quest, talking to Strauss before you destroy the Gargoyle. You then destroy it, and tell Isaac it is destroyed, but you don't tell Isaac that Strauss created it. If you are a Tremere, this is when you get the Tremere haven.

i am going to do another playthrough where i get the Anarch ending.

Pony on
  • Options
    gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i was hoping i could acquire party members in a way that wasn't horrifyingly undertoned with sexual slavery

but oh well

Leave it to modders to make ghouling your servants even creepier than it is already.

gtrmp on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    anyway, i beat the game

well i mean i only got that ending because i was loyal to both the Tremere and the Camarilla as a whole, instead of the Prince

you have to get the plaguebringer quest from Strauss, or involve Strauss after you get it from Damsel, finish it, and then later do the Gargoyle quest, talking to Strauss before you destroy the Gargoyle. You then destroy it, and tell Isaac it is destroyed, but you don't tell Isaac that Strauss created it. If you are a Tremere, this is when you get the Tremere haven.

Uh, the Camarilla ending has little to do with your clan.

All of the Tremere stuff you do, including the bit with teh Gargoyle, is mostly just for getting the new Haven. I got the raiders ending on my first playthrough, as a Toreador, and it plays out no differently than if you're a Tremere. Strauss and Gary are the only regents you ever really meet in the game, and I think you only go to Gary for the camarilla ending if you're a Nosferatu. Maybe.

Otherwise, siding with the Camarilla automatically defaults to Strauss, who will side with you at this point no matter how your relationship has been with him up to that point as far as I know.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    God damn you, go to new post function! Every time!

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Now look, I think those mods are as disturbing as the next Pony.

But come on, vampires are all about rape. Drinking someone's blood -- almost always without their permission, and when the mortal does give permission to the vampire, we think there's something weird with the mortal -- attaching no emotion to the person, only to the act.

So either vampires are really dirty hookup artists, or really suave rapists. Depending on the level of participation of the mortal.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    anyway, i beat the game

Just get the loner ending.

It has everything from the Anarch ending, with some extra awesome. Literally.

The solo ending is exactly the same, except for one additional scene that makes it even better.

Goatmon on

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I wish my game had all of it's textures.

I have yet to see a fucking map.

Blake T on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man the hand textures on everyone are pretty fucking atrocious.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Now look, I think those mods are as disturbing as the next Pony.

But come on, vampires are all about rape. Drinking someone's blood -- almost always without their permission, and when the mortal does give permission to the vampire, we think there's something weird with the mortal -- attaching no emotion to the person, only to the act.

So either vampires are really dirty hookup artists, or really suave rapists. Depending on the level of participation of the mortal.

watch the video for how you get Damsel or Therese as companions on their mod's site

it's extra fucked up, even by vampire comparisons

Pony on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Well, by Vampire standards I wouldn't really say it's so out of character to ocassionally force that sort of thing onto others.

But, after watching a video about it, the way it's implemented seems to be entirely fanservice; Adding the ability to recruit a bunch of tag along girls, demanding them to change outfits, do poses, etc. It's ridiculous.

Goatmon on

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    anyway, i beat the game

Just get the loner ending.

It has everything from the Anarch ending, with some extra awesome. Literally.

The solo ending is exactly the same, except for one additional scene that makes it even better.

Except for the part where it isn't. In the loner ending, you never go to the Luckee Star to talk with the Anarchs, and never see the
    Werewolf head
    As awesome as the various endings are, my favorite will always be the one where you slaughter the two major threats and basically tell everyone else to go fuck themselves.

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Except for the part where it isn't. In the loner ending, you never go to the Luckee Star to talk with the Anarchs, and never see the
    Werewolf head
    As awesome as the various endings are, my favorite will always be the one where you slaughter the two major threats and basically tell everyone else to go fuck themselves.
    You don't do that in the anarch ending, you do that beforehand.

Events that occur in regular conversation, before you even confront the two big bads, does not count as part of the ending.

edit: and while getting to meet Nines again is cool, it doesn't top giving him the finger.

Goatmon on

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Werewolf head
    You don't do that in the anarch ending, you do that beforehand.

Events that occur in regular conversation, before you even confront the two big bads, does not count as part of the ending.
    It happens after you make the irrevocable decision of who to side with, so eh...

WhiteZinfandel on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Oh my god I looked at that Companion Mod website.

Jesus Christ, and if the videos they linked to are any indication, female players like it.

Well, this explains the why Twilight is so popular even with the vampire rape.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    scarlet blvd.scarlet blvd. Bebop Cola Goooood!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Oh my god I looked at that Companion Mod website.

Jesus Christ, and if the videos they linked to are any indication, female players like it.

Well, this explains the why T******* is so popular even with the vampire rape.

Fixed

Stop defiling this thread

scarlet blvd. on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It's already been soiled with these fan rape-mods everyone is talking about.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    including a rather disturbing scene where you essentially rape Damsel in a back alley and then enslave her

hey suddenly i think fan patches are a great idea!

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fallout wrote: »
    including a rather disturbing scene where you essentially rape Damsel in a back alley and then enslave her

hey suddenly i think fan patches are a great idea!

Poor Fallout.

Can't even get a woman to willingly have intercourse with him in video games.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    i am kidding of course

fan content is worse than rape

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    i am kidding of course

fan content is worse than rape

Is that what you told the little girl when she started whimpering?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    don't be ridiculous, i can't talk with my gas mask on

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Hey, I know you can talk just fine in a gas mask - everything you say just sounds like "Are you my mommy?"

Which I'm sure did nothing to help the girl's mood at all.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    it puts the lotion on its skin

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Hey, I know you can talk just fine in a gas mask - everything you say just sounds like HUDDA HUDDA HUDDA

Which I'm sure did nothing to help the girl's mood at all.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I swear 'Put a teleporter here' and the 'HUDDA HUDDA HUDDA' battle cry are the same sound file.

L|ama on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BRA BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am racing through this game

also Tremere are kickass
    Bishop Vick was a pushover with Blood Purge

Yes while you vomit I will be beating you over the head with an axe

Moriveth on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I need to get this game

Fan patch or no

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2009
    Personally I would say no on your first time. The official patch is mandatory though.

Tube on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    yes, get the basic version of the fan patch.
    too bad you've already made up your mind though!

Fuga on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    No, I agree with Tube

Mori is racing so fast through this game it isn't even funny :x

Janson on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Mori is just better than you

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Fuga wrote: »
    yes, get the basic version of the fan patch.

you're a bad person

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Janson wrote: »

Do you often have to tell him to slow down and take his time?

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Just got to Chinatown. Well, I got the option to go there, I'm done for the night.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Janson wrote: »

Do you often have to tell him to slow down and take his time?

No but I moan

Also he breezes through the more difficult parts of the game and then asks me questions on the easy-peasy parts, like how to find something in plain sight (just like real life!)

Janson on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I guess your wits are higher, Janson.

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)