As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mario Marathon - Donate to Child's Play

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Don't miss that you missed SMW. That was amazingly painful to watch. They'd luck through some of the hardest stages then spend 20 minutes dying on stuff that isn't even hard. Its like when you're watching a friend play a game and you just want tot grab the controller and be all "Dude, just let me f'ing do it!".

I mean, great cause, and fun idea, but often I'd just want to pound my head against the wall watching them lol

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• XtarathXtarath Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    God, if they have this much trouble on 2D Marios I hope to god they never find I Wanna Be The Guy.

Xtarath on
  • StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2009
    I can't imagine watching them do that SMW level with your survival dependent on balloons.

Drove me nuts as a kid.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • The MantizThe Mantiz BONK! DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh my...They are never gonna get past Battlerock Purple coins :(

The Mantiz on
    3DS - 2878-9572-9277
    edited July 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I can't imagine watching them do that SMW level with your survival dependent on balloons.

Drove me nuts as a kid.

The funny thing is when they got to that stage in the final secret world, they were dying dying dying dying and uh oh, feed cuts out. When they're back stages is beaten.

Hmmm...

:lol:

The Dude With Herpes on

• DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    McAllen wrote: »
    Elaro wrote: »
    What did Simben do?

Simben and his French Friends got together and did a marathon of Resident Evil. It was a 24 hour marathon and granted they didn't get to complete some of my favorites (Just RE:CV, really), they raised a nice sum of money for their first attempt, all going to Child's Play I think.

EDIT: After seeing some footage it was exactly like what these guys did, except video quality was worse. I really wish I didn't miss all the 2D marios :(. But holy cow 17,000 is a lot of weed or drugs or presents for underprivileged children

EDIT: And oh my god these guys are total Mario fhegs!

Actually it was like a 60 hour marathon. Speaking of which, I wonder if Shadow ever did go back and finish RE:CV? He was supposed to when donations reached a certain point...

Dranyth on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Glenn565 wrote: »
    They finally got all 120 Stars in Mario 64, after taking all of two hours getting the last one. There's no way in hell they're completing Sunshine.:(

They've raised $16,300 though!

Nobody should have to complete Sunshine.

I hope they complete Galaxy though. All 242 stars!

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited July 2009
    I should go finish galaxy. I only had 9 stars left to get as luigi and stopped playing for some reason.

I wish I could make a firm decision if i want to keep/sell my wii. Every other day I change my mind. Half of me realizes I haven't turned it on in months, the other half thinks of all the good games I'd have to give up. :(

The Dude With Herpes on

• Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    They need to get $24,576 to guarantee that they 100% Sunshine. They need $49,152 to play through Luigi Galaxy.

I don't think that they will reach either, unfortunately.

Sir Platypus on
  • DeadLiarDeadLiar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    They finally got all 120 Stars in Mario 64, after taking all of two hours getting the last one. There's no way in hell they're completing Sunshine.:(

They've raised $16,300 though!

Nobody should have to complete Sunshine.

I hope they complete Galaxy though. All 242 stars!

Sunshine wasn't that bad of a game what are you talking about.

DeadLiar on
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I guess I missed them playing SMB 1 - 3 and World, huh? I think I'd have found watching them play those more fun than the 3D marios.

slash000 on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ? link no worky - spammer, nvm.

They should get someone to play second player pointer for Galaxy. I don't want to watch it all because I still have a few stars left to get in my Mario game. Though I'm sure it will be quite a while before they get that far. :)

$20,000 is nothing to sneeze at though. $4,000 more and they have to 100% Sunshine.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited July 2009
    slash000 wrote: »
    I guess I missed them playing SMB 1 - 3 and World, huh? I think I'd have found watching them play those more fun than the 3D marios.

Looking at the epic death totals for SMW and SMB3 (which I saw a lot of for World 5-7), I'm not so sure.

Dranyth on
  • quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dranyth wrote: »

Looking at the epic death totals for SMW and SMB3 (which I saw a lot of for World 5-7), I'm not so sure.

Seriously, it shouldnt take 5 and a half hours and 115 lives to 100% Super Mario World.

quovadis13 on
    edited July 2009
    What level are they doing now? Mario on a ball going all over with rails and cogs? I don't recognize the level but I've played through most of the game.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Glenn565Glenn565 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    What level are they doing now? Mario on a ball going all over with rails and cogs? I don't recognize the level but I've played through most of the game.

It's one of the trial stages. You have to find all three of the green stars to access them.

Glenn565 on
    3DS code:4511-0654-1976
    NNID: Glenn565
    edited July 2009

It's one of the trial stages. You have to find all three of the green stars to access them.

Ah, I think I have that unlocked (opens up the green warp star from the main area) but those are the few levels I haven't done yet along with a bunch of comet stars that's holding me up from getting to Luigi. I need to get that game back in my system again. My backlog is ridiculous.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited July 2009
    quovadis13 wrote: »
    Dranyth wrote: »

Seriously, it shouldnt take 5 and a half hours and 115 lives to 100% Super Mario World.

On a similar note, the people bitching at them for not doing Lost Levels are fucking crazy. That would be maddening to watch.

Dranyth on
    edited July 2009
    Especially at their level of play. :) They'd have death counts in the thousands..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oooh man. They do not need to do Lost Levels, noooo sir.

slash000 on
  • DeadLiarDeadLiar Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oooh man. They do not need to do Lost Levels, noooo sir.

They might die 20 times to the first poison shroom.

DeadLiar on
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Am I seeing this right or is there a camera fixated to a sleeping dog?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Am I seeing this right or is there a camera fixated to a sleeping dog?

Get it right. That is Couch Dog (Zoey - girl dog).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • IcemopperIcemopper Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This is really cool, what they're doing. I'm impressed at how much they've raised, and only about 1,500 more until they have to 100% Sunshine!

Icemopper on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    They've made enough money to 100 percent Sunshine now, but they removed the Luigi Galaxy, due to the possibility that they won't have the time.

Sir Platypus on
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Luigi Galaxy is way easier than 100%ing Sunshine.

100%ing Sunshine... man... they hand that out in lieu of the death sentence in some states.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • DidgeridooDidgeridoo Flighty Dame Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    have they played Galaxy yet? Are they going to?

Also, donated 10 bucks.

Didgeridoo on
    edited July 2009
    They already finished Galaxy 100%. They are working on Sunshine now. I missed the Mario Paint Rick Roll though.. :(

They took down the Luigi runs and replaced it with Mario Dance? (Mario DDR? Or just dancing?)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited July 2009
    They took down the Luigi runs and replaced it with Mario Dance? (Mario DDR? Or just dancing?)

They weren't sure if they would have the time to do the Luigi run since they have to go to work eventually.

I love all the idiots in the chat that ask what is going on. Uh, how did you get here? I am sure it was a story about what was going on and it had a link. I really hate most of the people in the chat if you haven't noticed. Heh.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    IT CONTINUES!

80 shines in Sunshine. Also, someone is wearing a moose head.

Frem on
  • YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    They already finished Galaxy 100%. They are working on Sunshine now. I missed the Mario Paint Rick Roll though.. :(

Doing the Mario Dance from the old TV show. They took down the rest of the goals because it's unlikely they'd reach them, and they need to work and sleep and all those other normals things.

Yes, they are abysmally bad. But it is fun to watch.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Man, poor soul who is playing right now. You can tell he is way past his breaking point.

What I would pay to have seen the moment they crossed the threshold for 100% Sunshine...

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I do not like baby cam. I want more mario.

Topia on
    edited July 2009
    They ain't getting anywhere on those blue coins. No surprise there.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    edited July 2009
    If we donate, do you get a piece of paper in the mail saying you donated?

edit: Yay. Just donated.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    edited July 2009
    This had to be posted. This is what happens in the last hours of Mario Marathon. Hahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jFDqhaETiE

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    OH MY GOD ARE THEY STILL PLAYING?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yes, but they've set a hard stop time of 2 AM their time, or 11 PM PST.

They are making good progress on the coins, or at least as good as can be expected. But at the same time, they have 1 more normal shine left-- The one that took 2 hours to complete during practice.

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • GilderGilder Aw snap Macaroni PartyRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I haven't been watching this marathon really, as I wished they did like Desert Bus and had a stream set for just the game, but did they get the pachinko shine and that annoying as fuck shine where you ride the leaf over poison water? I just want to know how long it took them to get those.

Gilder on
  • FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2009
    They're just starting on the boat-island-thing in Sunshine.

They're going to be doing this for the rest of their time. They already lost Yoshi about 20 times getting to the first island

FyreWulff on