As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

G&T Photoshop Battle Reborn Part 2: Revived Game Series

Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR DudePrincipality of ZeonRegistered User regular
edited October 2009 in Games and Technology
G&T Photoshop Battle Reborn Part 2

(For the last photoshop battle 'Movie Posters' click here)

Note from the 'Dude':
Good people of Penny Arcade, welcome back to the battle. Our last photoshop battle went great, many amazing posters, many amazing photoshops. Our last endeavor however was just a warm up, now we get into the heat of it all. So gather ye round, plug in your mice and wacoms and flick on your favorite image editing program. The battle for 'revived game series' begins NOW.

REVIVED GAME SERIES
THE GOAL: Look in your old stash of games lost to age and time. Pick out one that you just know would make a great new game. We are looking for new kinds of box art, screen shots, advertisements, and any kind of image that convinces us that the old game needs to be remade. Have at you all, make the forums proud.
(Also, if there was a game revived like 'Bionic Commando' that you didn't like. Make a better concept for it!)

REPEATED MESSAGE FROM THE LAST BATTLE:
Quick Q&A:

Prizes?:
Prizes you ask? The only prize you will get will be that of glory and fame! Maybe carpal tunnel syndrome.

Will this one be properly archived?:
I would hope someone far better then I could archive the proceeding events for future generations to observe. Much like a good ol' wrestling match from the 1980's, I can only assume the children of the future would like to see what there ancestors had done in the past.

Rules?:
The only rule that really comes to mind is to follow the 'concept'. If you have a really cool video game movie poster and we are doing 'If video game character's had there own 80's hair metal bands, what would there album art look like?' then this probably isn't the time to post it. Oh, and maybe don't make the posters huge. If you want to make a super hi-res print out have an external link.

Vicious_GSR on

• Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Blue dotting this so I can find it later to post. Now to come up with an idea...

Mr Pink on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    Blue dotting this so I can find it later to post. Now to come up with an idea...

You can always use Thread Tools -> Subscribe to this thread.

I kinda want to do something with Gex, but I have poor image editing skills.

Peewi on
  • ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I am afraid. Afraid that I actually made this, as horrible as it looks, and the entire idea.

ecco.jpg

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Whoa whoa who won the last one?

Also, I approve this topic.

Flippy_D on
    p8fnsZD.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Quick and dirty, done NES box style.

xcommarsassualt.jpg

SkutSkut on
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis
    Dino crisis

RoyceSraphim on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    I am afraid. Afraid that I actually made this, as horrible as it looks, and the entire idea.

ecco.jpg

I like your science, sir.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Peewi wrote: »
    Mr Pink wrote: »

You can always use Thread Tools -> Subscribe to this thread.

I kinda want to do something with Gex, but I have poor image editing skills.

Well I wish I had known that. Thanks though Peewi.

Mr Pink on
  • AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    deowolf wrote: »

ecco.jpg

I would play this game.

If Ecco shouted "MOTHERFUCKER" all the time.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • ecco the dolphinecco the dolphin Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ampix wrote: »

ecco.jpg

I would play this game.

MOTHERFUCKER

ecco the dolphin on
    Penny Arcade Developers at PADev.net.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

ecco.jpg

I would play this game.

MOTHERFUCKER

Dolphins with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads? It's close. Damn close...

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    DizzyReboot.jpg

Rhesus Positive on
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Quick and dirty.

brockbattle.jpg

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
    edited July 2009

ecco.jpg

I would play this game.

MOTHERFUCKER

Dolphins with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads? It's close. Damn close...

That's pretty much what I was going for. :D

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Flippy_D wrote: »
    Whoa whoa who won the last one?

Also, I approve this topic.

Nobody really won, it was more of a warm up then anything. By the end of this one we will have a vote.

Vicious_GSR on
  • AdusAdus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Probably cause he knew he'd win his own thread. The Portal one was clearly the best and most authentic/professional looking.

I'll probably make something for this one, too, but nothing is inspiring me at the moment.

Adus on
  • ItalaxItalax Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    pacman3.jpg

Italax on
    PSN: Italax - Steam ID : Italax
    Sometimes I Stream Games: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/italax-plays-video-games
  • zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Italax that is great

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I did this in a GTA thread last year. I suppose it could be some kind of revival...

OttoMeansEightSmall.jpg

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hahaha.

I assume that is Joel Otto?

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
    edited July 2009
    Sure is. One of the first ones to come to mind whilst thinking about it. The only one I wasn't satisfied with was the Airplane! reference. But it was difficult for me to find a decent enough screenshot that didn't have the title card on it.

Santa Claustrophobia on
    edited July 2009
    I thought up something for Dino Crisis 5, comparing it to Resident Evil 5. Then I thought of the racism light that is in RE5 and I thought about how that could be in DC5. Then I thought about what ethnic group would be racially hilarious and (in)appropriate with dinosaurs. I had an idea, and then I laughed at how funny it would be, and then I buried it because I knew the mods would ban me, then hunt me down at pax and kick me in balls.

Picture glomping but with more testicle smashing.

RoyceSraphim on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I thought up something for Dino Crisis 5, comparing it to Resident Evil 5. Then I thought of the racism light that is in RE5 and I thought about how that could be in DC5. Then I thought about what ethnic group would be racially hilarious and (in)appropriate with dinosaurs. I had an idea, and then I laughed at how funny it would be, and then I buried it because I knew the mods would ban me, then hunt me down at pax and kick me in balls.

Why not just give the raptors afros and the playable character is a chicken leg, or watermelon slice? :P

SkutSkut on
    edited July 2009
    SkutSkut wrote: »

Why not just give the raptors afros and the playable character is a chicken leg, or watermelon slice? :P

Dolemite Crisis?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wouldn't the new Dino Crisis actually be #4? Or are you just skipping #4 for the direct comparison to RE5?

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm finding the big challenge to be memorable games the industry hasn't already resurrected...

Delzhand on
  • deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    A new Crusader: No Remorse poster would make me weep.

If anyone wants to see a grown man cry, that is.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Delzhand wrote: »
    I'm finding the big challenge to be memorable games the industry hasn't already resurrected...

You need to look back to the Atari 2600 era for some gems.

Stuff like Comic Bakery.

And Commander Keen.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
    edited July 2009
    Ooh, I want to do Wing Commander. Maybe something crazy like it's now a cart racer or something. :)

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
    edited July 2009
    A new Crusader: No Remorse poster would make me weep.

If anyone wants to see a grown man cry, that is.

<3

Dino crisis 4 was a light gun game set in the past
    future
    with a WWII pilot and the motorcycle girl from #2

RoyceSraphim on
  • theantipoptheantipop Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Black & White & Colors!

theantipop on
    edited July 2009
    Well, I very much like the idea of a new Crusader game. I have some free time today, let's see what I can do.

(PS, 'Crusader - No Remake' sounded cool, but I am going to try and make a box for a third game in the franchise.)

Vicious_GSR on
  • KylogueKylogue Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    When I got my PSOne, I had two games that came with it... Kurushi and some other game that, as a testament to Kurushi's awesomeness, I can't even remember its name. Even after my library expanded considerably I still played Kurushi frequently.

Not very good at this, but here's my attempt at a Kurushi 2 box art.

kurushi.jpg

Kylogue on
    360 GT: Ixtil
    PSN: Kylogue
    edited July 2009
    Not my best, but it's what I can do for now. Heavily inspired by the original cover for the first game. I played and beat 'No Remorse' once when I was a kid, and I lost my CD and never played it again. It's the kinda game that went out on top when I wanted way more, I wish I had a way to play it now-a-days.

crusadernorecourse.jpg

Vicious_GSR on
    edited July 2009
    I have a copy of the second game sitting on my bookshelf and I don't play it because I couldn't get dosbox to work right. The video kept coming out scrambled.

Gosh, he looks like a GIJOE action figure on steroids.

RoyceSraphim on
    edited July 2009
    I wonder why nobody has really made an effort to make a G.I. JOE game that isn't a movie tie-in/cash-in...

Or did C&C get the JOE/Cobra dichotomy down too well?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Gauntlet.jpg

Khavall on
  • cwapfobrainscwapfobrains Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    iz5b4j.jpg
    I really do want to see this game. Rush 2049 was amazing, and a modern version of that (not that shit LA Rush which missed the whole point of the old ones) would be so awesome in my books.

cwapfobrains on
    camo_sig.png
    LoL Summoner: infobrains | XBL: cwap4brains | PSN: infobrains
  • BasticleBasticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Gosh, he looks like a GIJOE action figure on steroids.

I'm pretty sure thats the player model from Crysis..right?

Basticle on
    steam_sig.png
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Crap job on the title. Everything else though... Well, still a crap job.
    Enjoy anyway, and think fondly of X-Wing, TIE Fighter, X-Wing Vs TIE Fighter and X-wing Alliance as you contemplate a game that will never, ever be made.

starwarsRevived.jpg
    Really, the thought of piloting a fighter through the massive battle at the beginning of Ep III should give any space sim fan a raging hardon that could shatter diamond.

see317 on