As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Wednesday Comics-They're comics! On Wednesday!

2»

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    noir_blood wrote: »
    But won't you probably be able to pick up the eventual trade for around that or a bit higher? Why not just wait.

I'm trying to think of something to say beyond 'it's a lot of fun,' but that's all I can really come up with. I love the silver agey-ness of it, both of the product as well as the content.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    KidDorkKidDork Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just don't know where I'd put 12 newspapers without looking like the sort of guy who keeps newspapers piled in his house. My wife is already getting that quiet look with the 6,000 comics I have in the upstairs room, and has already once thrown my copy of Wednesday Comics into the recycle bin. ("I thought you were done with that?")

It is a cool idea, and it was fun to read the one issue, but I'll wait for the trade. Which means I'll be reading this when I retire and/or the sun goes nova.

KidDork on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    KidDork wrote: »
    I just don't know where I'd put 12 newspapers without looking like the sort of guy who keeps newspapers piled in his house. My wife is already getting that quiet look with the 6,000 comics I have in the upstairs room, and has already once thrown my copy of Wednesday Comics into the recycle bin. ("I thought you were done with that?")

It is a cool idea, and it was fun to read the one issue, but I'll wait for the trade. Which means I'll be reading this when I retire and/or the sun goes nova.

have there been delays announced, or are you just shooting your mouth off? I just googled "wednesday comics" +delay and got nothing.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think he was pointing out that DC is notoriously slow when it comes to releasing TPBs.

Munch on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2009
    KidDork wrote: »
    I'm curious how many of us will continue to pick this up.

I definitely will get every issue. The only real weakness it has (other than price/paper quality) is the writing. Most of the stories don't really use the "one page a week" style correctly, but most of these writers are used to writing 22 pages a month.

My favorite, and the one I think works best, is Karl Kerschl's Flash/Iris West. He has a webcomic he updates every Wednesday (that I still need to read), so he has a good handle on weekly stories. Both the Flash and Iris West stories have the right amount of story in each to hold you over for a week and make you want more (plus the art is fantastic).

Hopefully this does well and they'll do it (or something similar) again with more superstar talent.

Also, David Bullock's art looks exactly like Darwyn Cooke's.

Garlic Bread on