As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join a living world, even though you cease to be. [V:TM Bloodlines]

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Oh I have a question.

In the thin blood quest.
    Where do you find the red car? I had a look round, figuring it would be in the carpark but I couldn't see it. Is it in another town?

Blake T on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It's in the carpark...

Janson on
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Goddamit I could have sworn I checked there properly.

Blake T on
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    It is in the carpark. But it's not completely red. It's a convertible with a red body.

At least I think it is.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

edited July 2009
    I think I found that one but I couldn't interact with it.

Blake T on
    edited July 2009
    You've talked to the lady in the diner, yes?

I forget whether you also need to have spoken to Kilpatrick...

Janson on
  • Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    be sure you're looking at the trunk

also, you might have to go find the key or something for rhe trunk first? I forget exactly how that chain plays out

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dubh wrote: »
    I guess your wits are higher, Janson.

That comment you made somewhere else about not being surprised about not being in a relationship? Yeah. This here, too.

L|ama on
    edited July 2009
    L|ama wrote: »
    Dubh wrote: »
    I guess your wits are higher, Janson.

That comment you made somewhere else about not being surprised about not being in a relationship? Yeah. This here, too.

Hey

Mori agreed 8-)

Janson on
    edited July 2009
    That comes across kinda harsher than I expected. I'm kidding, to be clear.

L|ama on
    edited July 2009
    Janson wrote: »
    You've talked to the lady in the diner, yes?

I forget whether you also need to have spoken to Kilpatrick...

I talked to the lady in the dinner got the bail bond card looked up the dude and then it says I should try and find the car.

I will look at it again tonight.

I kind of also skipped lightly over the car because they made such a big deal of the license plate and I couldn't read it I figured it was the wrong car.

Blake T on
  • moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Look for a red car. Open the trunk. It's like...super non-complicated. It is in the carpark area, your first left, I think, as you leave the beach entrance.

moocow on
    imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That comes across kinda harsher than I expected. I'm kidding, to be clear.

The fact that you understood the comment....

8-)

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Maximilian Strauss is a pimp and a half

that is all

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Me and L|ama should date

Zen Vulgarity on
    edited July 2009
    I have decided that I'm not very happy with my clan. I forget what it is called but it is the one that gives your double humanity losses and double humanity gains, Really it means you only have 5 humanity points and I see that only as a disadvantage. Oh and apparently you are good at guns, which is useless as I haven't used any guns yet.

Anyway I spent most of my time doing quests in downtown last night I'm pretty sure I did all of them. The hospital quest was probably my favourite but I had to get the humanity points as opposed to the XP since I didn't want to go down to six humanity points.

Blake T on
  • sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Blaket wrote: »
    I have decided that I'm not very happy with my clan. I forget what it is called but it is the one that gives your double humanity losses and double humanity gains, Really it means you only have 5 humanity points and I see that only as a disadvantage. Oh and apparently you are good at guns, which is useless as I haven't used any guns yet.

Anyway I spent most of my time doing quests in downtown last night I'm pretty sure I did all of them. The hospital quest was probably my favourite but I had to get the humanity points as opposed to the XP since I didn't want to go down to six humanity points.

Guns are OP as shit. You just fucking started the game, don't get all uppity.

sarukun on
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2009
    Toreador have the three best combat disciplines in the game. You can do absurd damage with auspex and celerity 5, a dab of presence and a big ol' shotgun

Tube on
    edited July 2009
    So auspex is actually useful?

I have only been using Celerity so far.

Blake T on
    edited July 2009
    It's useful for boosting your defense and ranged feats.

And once you've got it at level 3 or higher, you can see just about anybody within a fairly good radius, even through walls. This is extremely useful for when you are trying to be sneaky sneaky.

Goatmon on

• TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2009
    So auspex is actually useful?

I have only been using Celerity so far.

If you're not using guns, only the first two levels are useful

Tube on
    edited July 2009
    Also, on my second playthrough I discovered how extremely useful frenzy can be, if and when it triggers in a combat zone.

I was going through the Hallowbrooke Hotel for the sabbat mission, when I guess I forgot to use a blood pack or eat the most recent blind dude, and I suddenly frenzy. Immediately my character lunges at the nearest wall, breaks through it, and then eats the dude on the other side of the fucking wall.

That is fucking hardcore.

Goatmon on

edited July 2009
    Ok I shall keep that in mind but at the moment I am boosting up my research feat I have decided.

Also is it common to have massive texture loading problems in this game?

Like I have not found an in game map that isn't an array of bright pink and black checkers.

Blake T on
    edited July 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Also, on my second playthrough I discovered how extremely useful frenzy can be, if and when it triggers in a combat zone.

I was going through the Hallowbrooke Hotel for the sabbat mission, when I guess I forgot to use a blood pack or eat the most recent blind dude, and I suddenly frenzy. Immediately my character lunges at the nearest wall, breaks through it, and then eats the dude on the other side of the fucking wall.

Oh so Frenzy isn't a huge issue if you have high blood stocks? I thought you would just wander around and attack random things.

Low humanity doesn't sound that bad now.

Blake T on
    edited July 2009
    It's very handy if you're not in a place where randomly turning beastly and eating the nearest person is not going to violate the masqurade.

Other than that, yes.

Goatmon on

edited July 2009
    Also it doesn't make a whole world of difference that you have a high humanity, if you completely drain your blood pool.

High humanity just gives you a much bigger threshold of how far you can push yourself without feeding before frenzying will kick in, and the likelyhood of it not happening is definitely better, but it can still happen if you run out of blood.

Goatmon on

• FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Goatmon wrote: »

Oh so Frenzy isn't a huge issue if you have high blood stocks? I thought you would just wander around and attack random things.

Low humanity doesn't sound that bad now.

frenzy is close to the bottom of your list of concerns as a vampire actually

low humanity runs are fun if you're okay with losing basically all nice dialog options and being a remorseless murdering dickweed

Fallout on
    xcomsig.png
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think I frenzied in the fight with Andrei at one point. My humanity was 10, but my blood was pretty much empty.

Also, Blood Boil is fuckin' cool

Moriveth on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Ok I shall keep that in mind but at the moment I am boosting up my research feat I have decided.

Like I have not found an in game map that isn't an array of bright pink and black checkers.
    Are all your textures blurry too, including the UI? If so, the fan patch fixes that.

His Corkiness on
    edited July 2009

Are all your textures blurry too, including the UI? If so, the fan patch fixes that.

Yes. Incredibly so.

I am however afraid of the fan patch from all the bitching that has gone on in this thread.

Is there like half a fan patch?

Blake T on
    edited July 2009
    There's basic and advanced, but basic just has the stupid shit that they feel is necessary, instead of the stupid shit they don't think is necessary, from my understanding of things.

L|ama on
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

Yes. Incredibly so.

I am however afraid of the fan patch from all the bitching that has gone on in this thread.

Is there like half a fan patch?
    If you're incredibly averse to it, you can Google how to disable enough of your RAM to get you below 4GB. That's the other fix.

His Corkiness on
    edited July 2009
    Me and L|ama should date

the ultimate odd couple

well, not really.

L|ama on
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Me and L|ama should date

the ultimate odd couple

well, not really.

Yeah, probably not that odd of a couple

Zen Vulgarity on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    so i finished playing the game through as a Malkavian with maxed out stats via console commands

because i wanted to see how the game was playing as a lunatic god

shit is hilarious

Pony on
    edited July 2009
    Pony how is that different from everyday life for you

Zen Vulgarity on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Pony how is that different from everyday life for you

i was playing a female character

Pony on
    edited July 2009
    Well that is different!

Zen Vulgarity on
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So I've currently got 45 exp, and no idea what to spend it on. I've already maxed out thaurmaturgy, and Dominate is slightly tempting, but ehhhhh, I dunno.

Moriveth on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    are you melee, ranged or unarmed fighter

max that out, and also dodge

if you've got some spare exp you could put it into computers, hacking stuff is always fun

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif