As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX 2009 BYOC Info/FAQ (BYOC SOLD OUT!)

• altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    can I bring my projector setup? I just wear a 50" screen in front of my head and reverse-project it right on to my face.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2009
    I'm pretty sure that's not allowed

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    The BYOC sounds really cool, but I suppose it's not something I should be doing my first year at PAX, right?

Also, I'm joining the CCST to get to Seattle and I don't think there's room in the car (or at the BYOC lol) for my 32" monitor/tv, heh.
    Get a smaller monitor and do it. Last year was my first year doing byoc, and the biggest appeals to me was storing my stuff there (amazingly convenient!), and actually resting for a few minutes. PAX can be exhausting, especially after driving cross country. You can store snacks and energy drinks there and come back to relax and check out teh nets for a few, then rush back out to the action.

There are sumo bags and such outside of byoc, but no place where you can store your stuff and have your own designated area. So, I'd say, if you haven't done PAX before, and you're not yet used to hectic convention settings, you'd have even MORE reason to do byoc.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rius wrote: »
    The BYOC sounds really cool, but I suppose it's not something I should be doing my first year at PAX, right?

Also, I'm joining the CCST to get to Seattle and I don't think there's room in the car (or at the BYOC lol) for my 32" monitor/tv, heh.

Last year was my first year at PAX and I did BYOC. Like everyone has said it is very convenient. As a first time PAXer it is a great way to jump start your PAX experience and to join the PAX community. Overall, I believe being in BYOC for my first PAX made it a million times better experience. :P

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd go to BYOC, but I have no idea how I'd carry my laptop to byoc in my wheelchair and such... Maybe next year when I figure that all out.

parabola on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    parabola wrote: »
    I'd go to BYOC, but I have no idea how I'd carry my laptop to byoc in my wheelchair and such... Maybe next year when I figure that all out.

That would be easy if you get an isle seat :)

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    BigRed wrote: »

Theres only one isle seat left :o

LTAcosta on
    AN9buWz.png
    edited July 2009
    The ones on the far left and far right are isle seats as well.

BigRed on
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think he'd be better off with an aisle seat than on some kind of small island in the convention center.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited July 2009

The problem is more bringing it to BYOC. I'll figure it out by next year...

parabola on
  • Qs23Qs23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

The problem is more bringing it to BYOC. I'll figure it out by next year...

Parabola, you need to pull some Hawking shit or something. How much space do you have under the seat? (I'm trying to remember what type you had, but I think I only ran into you once last year.)

Qs23 on
    PASig.gif
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    That would definitely be extremely awesome if you jury-rigged the wheelchair to be like a mobile gaming platform. Get a thin but powerful PC perhaps under the seat area, and a swivel-arm monitor with a fold-out tray for keyboard and mouse... that would be made of win!

VThornheart on
    3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    edited July 2009
    My chair blows. Under the seat is no good because shit falls out.

BR already offered some assistance... But I think it's going to be a bit difficult given i have to go from the bus to the hotel to the BYOC back to the hotel back to the bus.

I need to find a slave (friend) that wants to go to PAX

parabola on
    edited July 2009
    BYOC is 70% full

BigRed on
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is there anything new about streaming the main stage into the byoc?

Viscountalpha on
  • KarickKarick Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    This will be my second PAX and i just got a seat for BYOC, hope its as fun as everyone says =)

Karick on
  • RaymanRayman Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

I thought it was on a different level this year, so that would take care of that...

Rayman on
  • CronusCronus Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Rayman wrote: »

I thought it was on a different level this year, so that would take care of that...

I'm not sure what you mean by that would take care of that, but it is on a lower level than BYOC this year.

Cronus on
    camo_sig.png
    "Read twice, post once. It's almost like 'measure twice, cut once' only with reading." - MetaverseNomad
  • TwinkieTwinkie Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Woohoo! Twinkie is in BYOC!

Represent: 12th Collective of the GI Tract.

Twinkie on
  • SovietMudkipzSovietMudkipz Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Will the ethernet cable that came with my 360 work as a network cable for my laptop?

SovietMudkipz on
    camo_sig.png
    edited July 2009
    Will the ethernet cable that came with my 360 work as a network cable for my laptop?

Ethernet is network so... yes

BigRed on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Hurray!
    Serenity is going to BYOC...
    What seats did you all pick?

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Tycho Section : A - N: TM-13

O_o I'm surprised there was a seat so (kinda) close to the door. I think that's the door.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I see about 50 seats left. They are going quick!

I'm in Tycho Section : A - N: TN-5

I hope to see a bunch of you there and play some TF2 and neotokyo Maybe some sup com if there are any takers.

Viscountalpha on
    edited July 2009
    Cronus wrote: »
    Rayman wrote: »

I'm not sure what you mean by that would take care of that, but it is on a lower level than BYOC this year.
    i think one is asking if a video feed will be available to watch the main stage from the BYOC, and another answers the question "can the main stage area open up into the BYOC to make more room"

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited July 2009
    I'm amused by the designs that make up the empty seats. One side has sort of an empty gap in the upper left, the other side has an empty-ish gap in the lower right. I think that's odd and entertaining.

David Coffman on
    edited July 2009
    You should have taken screenshots or made notes so we could see a time-lapse of how the seats were taken up.

GO GABE BITCHES. ALL YOU TYCHO FANS WILL BURN IN THE FLAMES OF DEFEAT.

altmann on

signature.png
    edited July 2009
    You're so very correct.

David Coffman on
  • SerenitySerenity Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    altmann wrote: »
    You should have taken screenshots or made notes so we could see a time-lapse of how the seats were taken up.

GO GABE BITCHES. ALL YOU TYCHO FANS WILL BURN IN THE FLAMES OF DEFEAT.

LIES!! TYCHO PWNS GABE ANY DAY!

Cool stuff... yeah I was surprised there were a few seats left relatively close to the door and to some other forumers!
    Tycho Section - tk-6
    haha, had to sign up as serenity34 instead... apparently there are 34 serenitys.
    Cool stuff... looks like most of us forumers are all in the same general area towards the front.

Serenity on
    qxd8or7ouox3.png
  • CRCelfCRCelf Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Moradeth and I are in Gabe Section: GK 12 and GK 13

One weird thing though... the email I received lists only GK 13... but if I go to the registration site and hit "Review Confirmation Email" both seats are listed. Not super concerned, I'll just have to remember to print the one from the site, not the one in my inbox.

CRCelf on
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    CRCelf wrote: »

One weird thing though... the email I received lists only GK 13... but if I go to the registration site and hit "Review Confirmation Email" both seats are listed. Not super concerned, I'll just have to remember to print the one from the site, not the one in my inbox.

My screen shows you in both seats.

[edit] btw, 37 seats remaining, meaning 91% full.

dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • FizzlenikFizzlenik Registered User new member
    edited July 2009
    dyaballikl wrote: »
    CRCelf wrote: »

My screen shows you in both seats.

[edit] btw, 37 seats remaining, meaning 91% full.

I think something in the system has gone wonky. When I tried to order a single ticket it told me that that selection was sold out. However it DID let me order TWO seats. I suppose I now have to convince my wife to go into BYOC with me, so it's not the worst thing I've ever spent more than I planned on, but there were definitely single seats available on the chart and obviously I couldn't buy 2 if there wasn't at least 1 available right?

Strange.

-Jeremy

Fizzlenik on
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    So wait? Is the BYOC not right across from the exhibition hall this year?

The_Reflection on
    edited July 2009

no, its on the 6th floor.

BigRed on
    edited July 2009
    It's in hell.

altmann on

signature.png
    edited July 2009
    But I'm ASSUMING 6th floor is where tabletop will be, too. Notice the whole map is blue, denoting "PAX areas"

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

no, its on the 6th floor.

well dang. I won't be joining you guys this year. I just signed up last year so I could get into the exhibition hall line before all the non-byoc people.

have fun guys :)

The_Reflection on
    edited July 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    But I'm ASSUMING 6th floor is where tabletop will be, too. Notice the whole map is blue, denoting "PAX areas"

no

Dont assume anything until the pax layout is publicly released :P

BigRed on
    edited July 2009
    Fizzlenik wrote: »
    I think something in the system has gone wonky. When I tried to order a single ticket it told me that that selection was sold out. However it DID let me order TWO seats.
    That's odd, if anyone else has that problem or a similar problem, either email us at pax_pc@penny-arcade.com or fill out a ticket in the registration.

David Coffman on
  • ZionadZionad CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Am i to assume that laptop locks are a must? How heavy is security?

Zionad on
    I do it all for the pew pew
This discussion has been closed.